Orthodontics  |
Dr. David Hughes, DDS
Meet Dr. David HughesEducation University of Virginia – BA, (economics / Italian, 1991) Virginia Commonwealth University / MCV – Doctorate of Dental Surgery (summa cum laude, 1999) Virginia Commonwealth University / MCV – post-doctoral certificate in orthodontics (2001) Dr. David R. Hughes is proud to serve the Northern Virginia community by maintaining an orthodontic practice that is known for its friendly service, patient education, and clinical expertise. Dr. Hughes' commitment to area patients dates back to his having grown up in the area with the example of his father, a WWII veteran who was a dedicated family dentist in Annandale. Lending support to many area school organizations and charitable causes is important to Dr. Hughes as a way of giving back to his local roots. The valedictorian of his dental school class at Virginia Commonwealth University, Dr. Hughes also led the student government council. Previously, he completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Virginia, where he enjoyed singing in an a cappella group, The Virginia Gentlemen. Valuable work experience followed with a four-year position in a local technology firm before he started dental school. Finally, to become an orthodontic specialist, Dr. Hughes graduated from the prestigious two-year orthodontics residency program at VCU. Outside of private practice, Dr. Hughes is involved with local and national orthodontic societies, as well as the VCU Orthodontic Education and Research Foundation, of which he is a past president. Dr. Hughes is also board certified by the ABO, and is an Elite-level provider of Invisalign®. Dr. Hughes can relate to his patients' families. He now knows the parenting perspective of growing up "around the Beltway"; and having lived and traveled abroad, Dr. Hughes appreciates the diversity of cultures represented in our area. This life experience informs an emphasis on easy and open communication in his practice. However, for the many smiling patients that have "graduated" from his office, Dr. Hughes credits his entire Smile Team, and the second set of experienced eyes that Dr. Mascia brings to the office. At home, Dr. Hughes enjoys cooking and spending time with his wife, Marcela, and three children, as well as logging miles on area bike trails.

8314 Traford Ln Ste A

Springfield, VA 22152

• Ameritas
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Hughes

There is nothing better than creating beautiful smiles together with my talented and experienced team! Helping to build my patients self confidence is definitely the most rewarding aspect of our work. Also, getting to know each individual and family is important to me, keeps my practice focused on our patients and their needs. I am proud to have practiced in the Springfield community for over ten years. I love sharing our patients excitement when orthodontic treatment is finished.

• Orthodontics

• Removable Appliances
  • Retainer Therapy
  • Retainers
  • Surgical Orthodontics

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• University Of Virginia / Main Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1991
  • Vcu-McV
    Medical School | Graduated 1999

Dr. Hughes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hughes has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Hughes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hughes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hughes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hughes to family and friends
Dr. Hughes' Performance
Springfield, VA |
Had a great experience here with the initial consultation. The staff was very friendly and professional and answered all our questions.
Springfield, VA |
Dr. Hughes is a wonderful Orthodontist and always gets my son in when needed. The appointment times are very flexible to our schedule and the staff is the best and make my son feel calm ( he does not like dentists usually). Thanks for being a great provider!
Springfield, VA |
We are extremely pleased with Dr Hughes and all his staff. We are always greeted with a smile by the front office staff and the technicians in the back are eager to answer any questions. They are great with kids! My son had to get braces at an earlier age (11.5) and I have never had any issues. Dr Hughes speaks directly to my son and answers all his questions and mine. Thank you for a great experience!
in Ft Belvoir, VA |
We have had our consultation. I could tell from the first minute we were there the staff works as a team helping each other and comminuting. They were kind to my son and explained everything that would happen before doing it. They shared with him the pictures they took and really engaged him in the process which has helped him take a positive attitude toward this new adventure. Dr. Hughes and Samantha explained the diagnosis, treatment objectives, plan and prognosis and estimated time of treatme
Thank you so much for sharing about your experience with our office. It always delights us to hear you felt comfortable and enjoyed your first visit with us. Looking forward to seeing you again. All smiles, Joanne
Springfield, Va |
High quality of customer service and always very attentive to my daughter's concerns.
in Burke, VA |
Dr Hughes is truly one-of-a-kind - a very honest and genuine man who stands out in his profession. I was so impressed with his commitment to excellence and ethics and his generous character. You will be well treated, I had such a great experience!
Have you seen Dr. David Hughes, DDS?

Visit Dr. Hughes