Dr. David Goldberg, DMD

Periodontics | Male

176 Cedar St North Plainfield, NJ 07060 Get Directions
Dr. David Goldberg, DMD
Dr. David A. Goldberg graduated Cook College of Rutgers University with high honors and a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science. He then attended UMDNJ where he was president of the student government association and was inducted into the honorary dental fraternity, OKU. Dr. Goldberg did his general practice residency at Montefiore Medical Center where he treated medically compromised patients as well as training in anesthetics and emergency room medicine. Dr. Goldberg completed his training in periodontics at Columbia School of Dental and Oral Surgery where he taught undergraduate periodontics. He was also an Associate Clinical Professor of Periodontics at Fairleigh Dickenson School of Dentistry for seven years. After opening his private practice in the Central Jersey area, Dr. Goldberg became active in the New Jersey Dental Association where he was chairman of the Membership Council for five years, President of the Central Dental Society and then Editor of the Central Dental Bulletin for another eight years. In 1985, Dr. Goldberg was a member a select group of dentists to travel to Leuven, Belgium to study with Dr. P. I. Bränemark, "the father of modern implant dentistry." Dr. Goldberg became Board Certified in Periodontics in 1989, being among the top 15% of periodontists in the country. He also became Board Certified in Implant Dentistry and is one of only a handful of periodontists with dual board certification. Dr. Goldberg was selected to become a Fellow in the prestigious International College of Dentists and has been singled out as one of the top periodontists in the state by NJ Monthly Magazine from 2002 until present. He has been published in refereed journals, and is Editor of the New Jersey Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry Bulletin. Dr. Goldberg was Past-President and is currently on the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry. In addition, Dr. Goldberg has been a member of the surgical staff at Muhlenberg Hospital and currently maintains his private practice, limited to periodontics and implant dentistry, conveniently located at 176 Cedar Street in North Plainfield, NJ. On a personal note, Dr. Goldberg is married to Cynthia K. Scott, PhD and has three children and a Labrador Retriever. He and his family reside on their tree farm within the 2,500 acre Sourland Reservation in Neshanic. Dr. Goldberg is a sports enthusiast, participating in a variety of sports including running, cycling, basketball, tennis, and skiing. Even though he has never been invited to participate in any olympic trials, he still enjoys his play and continues to revel in his work.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Goldberg's Care Philosophy

Patient care is the utmost important part of Dr. Goldberg's practice. He strives to give each patient the individualized attention and personalized treatment plan catered to their needs. Dr. Goldberg tries to provide a variety of treatment options when feasible in order to support the patient's needs and desires. Dr. Goldberg strongly listens to patient input throughout treatment and values the patient's opinions. Communication is always open from Dr. Goldberg to his well-educated hygienists and the friendly front desk staff.

Dr. Goldberg's Experience

Visiting Dr. Goldberg

Dr. Goldberg is now accepting new patients
176 Cedar St

Dr. Goldberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goldberg to family and friends
Dr. Goldberg's Performance
in South Plainfield,NJ |
I would like to recommend Dr. Goldberg to anyone who needs periodontal or implant dentistry. He is very gentle, soft-spoken and professional. He explains all his procedures in a way that is very understandable to the layman. His staff is very friendly and efficient. Dr. Goldberg is one of the best dentists I have ever known. I am so pleased with the work he did for me. My only regret is that I didn't go to him sooner.
I am the most fearful dental patient you may ever meet. As a new patient to Dr. G's practice, he took the time to speak with me to understand and address my fears. His subsequent treatment of my dental needs was met with kindness, patience and gentle care.
in Middlesex, Jersey |
As a patient of Dr. Goldberg's, I would like to comment on his professionalism & caring. I needed posts replaced. After 78 years, I am not a stranger to a dentist;, gum & jaw surgery pain. However, with Dr. Goldberg & his caring staff; the worse pain I endured was the anticipation! Thanks to his expertise & gentleness, I experienced no discomfort throughout the entire procedure. Again I would like to thank Dr. Goldberg and would highly recommend him to anyone having dental work.
New Jersey |
My visit to Dr. Goldberg was amazing. I never met a doctor who cares about his patients as much as Dr. Goldberg. Everyone in his office is pleasant and bubbly. I was really scared about going for the procedure, but after meeting Dr. Goldberg for the first time my fears went away. He has very gentle hands and I did not have any problems after my procedure. I would recommend Dr. Goldberg to anyone who needs periodontics procedures. Thank you Dr. Goldberg and staff for your wonderful service!
in Piscataway, NJ |
I am beyond impressed with my experience at Dr. David Golberg's office. Dr Goldberg and his staff are all I could have hope for in a Dental office. If you are looking for an Implant Dentist who medical knowledge is encyclopedic, takes the time to be caring you should consider Dr Goldberg. The best dental doctor in my whole life.
in Old Bridge, NJ |
I am extremely grateful that I was referred to see Dr. Goldberg a couple years ago. He is the absolute best at what he does and there is no need to look or travel any further than Cedar Street to find the kindest, most knowledgeable and gentle DMD in the world. No, I am not exaggerating.
in North Plainfield, NJ |
From the moment I walked through the door I knew I found the right Doctor for me. Debbie was first to greet me and made me feel totally comfortable. When I met with Dr. Goldberg most of my fears about visiting the dentist were put to rest as he is a very caring person and that showed from day one. Dr. Goldberg and his wonderful staff guiding me through all my exams, cleaning, teaching, xrays and procedures and I will continue to have the best DMD in my life.
in Middlesex, NJ |
Dr. Goldberg is a very excellent dentist. He was able to extract 2 broken teeth and place an implant with little or no pain/discomfort. I highly recommend Dr. Goldberg
in PISCATAWAY |
Dr. Goldberg is very thorough about the care of his patients. He has even called me at home after he has evaluated my treatment and always call the following day after any surgery to see how I'm doing. I highly recommend him.
in Watchung, NJ |
Dr. Goldberg is an outstanding periodontist who I highly recommend. My dentist referred me to Dr. Goldberg's office about 15 years ago due to some dental complications after cancer chemotherapy and the onset of a moderate level of periodontal disease. I've had various dental/gum procedures including a dental implant performed by Dr. Goldberg, and his work is flawless. He is kind, caring, compassionate, personable, and truly the best of the best. Additionally, he has a great office staff!
in Bridgewater, NJ |
I am so impressed with Dr. David Goldberg. When you read his background and credentials, you know you are getting the best. But being under his care is what makes you know he is exceptional. In addition, Dr. Goldberg believes that putting in an implant should not be painful, and he proves the point. Also, with his and his staff's personality, expertise, amazing thoroughness, and step by step visuals and explanation of the procedure being done, he removes all anxiety. A great experience!
I can not say enough positive things about Dr Goldberg and his staff. He is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. No one wants to be in the position of getting a dental implant, but he has taken me through the process with ease.
in Bridgewater, NJ |
DR Goldberg placed implants in my mouth 17 years ago the implants feel like my own teeth. I continued to go to his office for routine cleanings. DR Goldberg and his staff made going for oral care a pleasure.
in North Plainfield, NJ |
The front desk staff was very welcoming and knowledgeable about both the procedures and insurance policies. Dr. Goldberg was extremely professional on all occasions and had great bedside manner. The reception area felt very relaxing and the exam rooms were spotless.
Basking Ridge, NJ |
I had 2 times when I needed Dr. Goldberg's help and expertise. I first went to Dr. Goldberg many years ago on the recommendation of my dentist who said when his dad needed an implant, Dr. Goldberg was the only doctor he would recommend for these procedures. Dr. Goldberg and his staff are so caring and compassionate and you know that he will spend the time to do the procedure correctly. Dr. Goldberg had to do a bone graft for me before he could do the implant. He personally followed up with me:))
in Manahawkin, NJ |
I had to have several teeth pulled so I can get implants. I was recommended by a friend to Dr. Goldberg and I am glad he was. I am one of the biggest babies when it comes to the dentist and I informed Dr. Goldberg of such. During my several visits he was very gentle, calming, and he listened to my concerns and it was a good experience. His assistant, Jackie, was also fantastic. I would definitely recommend Dr. Goldberg for not only his knowledge and compassion but for big babies like me!
Have you seen Dr. David Goldberg, DMD?
Are you Dr. Goldberg?

Compare Dr. Goldberg

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Goldberg says...

After opening his private practice in the Central Jersey area, Dr. Goldberg became active in the New Jersey Dental Association where he was chairman of the Membership Council for five years, President of the Central Dental Society and then Editor of the Central Dental Bulletin for another eight years.

Dr. Goldberg was selected to become a Fellow in the prestigious International College of Dentists and has been singled out as one of the top periodontists in the state by NJ Monthly Magazine from 2002 until present. He has been published in refereed journals, and is Editor of the New Jersey Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry Bulletin.

Dr. Goldberg was Past-President and is currently on the Board of Trustees of the New Jersey Society of Periodontology and Implant Dentistry. In addition, Dr. Goldberg has been a member of the surgical staff at Muhlenberg Hospital and currently maintains his private practice, limited to periodontics and implant dentistry, conveniently located at 176 Cedar Street in North Plainfield, NJ.

Dr. Goldberg's Care Philosophy

Patient care is the utmost important part of Dr. Goldberg's practice.  He strives to give each patient the individualized attention and personalized treatment plan catered to their needs.  Dr. Goldberg tries to provide a variety of treatment options when feasible in order to support the patient's needs and desires.  Dr. Goldberg strongly listens to patient input throughout treatment and values the patient's opinions.  Communication is always open from Dr. Goldberg to his well-educated hygienists and the friendly front desk staff.

Dr. Goldberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Periodontics

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Bone Loss
  • Edentulism
  • Gingivitis
  • Periodontitis

Columbia University / College Of Dental Medicine

Graduated in 1981

UMDNJ
    Cook College-Rutgers University

Dr. Goldberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goldberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Periodontics