Dr. David Forbes, DDS

Dr. David Forbes, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Dr. David Forbes, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in West Dundee, IL. He practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

600 Spring Hill Ring Rd

West Dundee, IL 60118

Learn about Dr. Forbes

Dr. Forbes' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Forbes "He is extremely knowledgeable in his field and beyond." I am a graduate of the University of Maryland Dental School (magna cum laude). I was voted "The Dentists' Dentist" by my classmates and received The University of Maryland Pediatric Dentistry Award. From 1975-1981, I attended Northwestern University where I completed a post-graduate degree residency program in Orthodontics and received a Master of Science (M.S.) as well as a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Oral Biology. Following my specialty training in Orthodontics and attaining my Ph.D. degree, I was appointed as the Program Director of Graduate Orthodontics at Northwestern University Dental School. In 1986, I was promoted to the rank of Full Professor with tenure and in 1987 I was appointed Chairman of the Department of Orthodontics and Co-Director of the Cleft Palate Institute. From 1981-1993, I was a full time academic professor at Northwestern University Dental School where I held joint appointments in the Departments of Oral Biology, Orthodontics, Cell and Molecular Biology and the Cleft Palate Institute. I was elected into the Sigma Xi Research Society (an honorary research society) and selected to present my scientific work to the American and International Associations of Dental Research, Gordon Research Conferences, the American Association of Orthodontists, American and International Cleft Palate Associations' Symposiums, and the American Academy of Periodontology, and a principal speaker at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry. I have been an invited guest lecturer to numerous study groups, notably the Seattle Study Club National Meeting in Hawaii, 2016. My lectures have reached beyond the United States borders, to such locations as: Acapulco, Mexico; Milano, Italy; and Monte Carlo, Monaco. I enjoy teaching others about Orthodontics. I have also lectured at Marquette University, The University of Birmingham, South Carolina, Louisiana State University, Louisiana, New York University, New York, Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois, Northwestern University School of Speech and School of Medicine. February 24, 2017 I was a principal all day speaker at the Chicago Midwinter Meeting sponsored by the Chicago Dental Society and Illinois Society of Orthodontists at the McCormick Place in Chicago. I have also reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (N.I.H.) and the American Association of Orthodontists. With Dr. Perry, I co-authored the textbook: Understanding Orthodontics (Quintessence). I have published numerous articles in such journals as the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, the Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice, The American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal, The Journal of Developmental Biology and Craniofacial Genetics, the International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, and the Compendium for Continuing Education in Dentistry (see the PDF articles on this website). I am a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontists and served as President of the Illinois Society of Orthodontists (2003-2004). I have been fortunate to be elected to a diverse array of associations including: The American Association of Orthodontists, The American College of Dentists, The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association, The American Society for Cell Biology, American Association of Bone and Mineral Research, The American Association of Developmental Biology and The American Academy of Restorative Dentistry. Recently, I was inducted into The Association of Medical Illustrators as a Professional Member. Since leaving an academic career at Northwestern University in 1993, I have dedicated myself full-time to Orthodontics in private practice (West Dundee IL). I am devotedly married to Nancy and we have two sons (Colin and Tristan).

This content was provided by Dr. Forbes "Dr. David P. Forbes, a board-certified specialist in orthodontics for children and adults. We are excited to introduce you to our practice. Our number one goal is to provide premium orthodontic care in a gentle, family-friendly environment. The primary reason for choosing Dr. Forbes is his experience, proven capability and knowledge. This skillset is provided in a high-tech practice using equipment such as a 3D digital X-Ray machine, reducing traditional radiation by 87 percent, and 3D photography to create detailed models. Our world class orthodontist, friendly staff, and state-of-the-art technology work in tandem to give you the smile of your dreams."

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Cleft Lip and Palate
  • Cleft Palate
  • Orthodontic Disorders

• Orthodontic Procedures

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• The University Of Maryland Pediatric Dentistry Award
  • Northwestern University / Dental School
    Other Education | Completed
  • Northwestern University Graduate School PHD
    Other Education | Completed 1981

Dr. Forbes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Forbes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Forbes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Forbes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Forbes' Reviews

4.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Forbes to family and friends

Dr. Forbes' Performance

Dr. Forbes Says:
"

We are thankful for your surveys and reviews.  It is through your personal feedback and experience that we learn how to become the best Orthodontic Practice that we can be.

"

Not even a patient of his, but he met us at his office on a SUNDAY to examine my son's tooth after suffering an orthodontic emergency after a bike crash. My own ortho was not answering pages, but Dr Forbes took the time to meet us at the office, examine the tooth, re-position it back behind the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for the 5 star review. Forbes Orthodontics is always willing to help. Please call our office for all your orthodontic needs; 847-836-1415

Dr Forbes took care of all 3 of my kids. 2 had braces, one didn't need them. He's very caring and makes everyone comfortable. I liked that he was conservative in his approach. My kids have beautiful straight teeth now. I highly recommend him and his office.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are thrilled to help create beautiful teeth!