Dr. David Behrman, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial SurgeryMaleAge 67

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. David Behrman, DMD is a Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Behrman to book an appointment.

New Patient?
525 East 68th Street New York, NY 10065

• Easy Scheduling Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews
  • Practices at Highly Recommended Hospital Patients recommend this hospital to family and friends. See hospitals

Dr. Behrman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Behrman

3.8

Dr. Behrman

My son had surgery on 8/2/21 for under bite. They moved top and lower jaws. It was a tough surgery but it was all worth it !! His new bite looks great ! My son has a beautiful smile which it has positively impacted his confidence. Dr Berhman has magic hands !! He is an excellent surgeon and explained all the risks and complications very well. So no surprises . His team are the best ! The chief of the residents and all the residents were very knowledgeable, caring and compassionate and take time to address any concerns. Evelyn the administrative coordinator was so supportive to us in this process. She also explained the post care very well and she is very caring . I can’t say enough about Dr. Behrman’s team . We are so grateful . My advise to others who are going to do surgery is to follow every instruction especially post op care and trust DR. B .
Raymond Gonzalez – Oct 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Terrible results, wish I could undo all this. Have a bunch of collateral damage which Dr. Behrman ignored in my post-op visits. I received way below the bare minimum standards you would expect from a surgeon. I selected him for insurance reasons and completely regret it.
Jul 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
video call explaining my operation Everthing waa explained fully and any questoons were answered
joe – Apr 04, 2021
Good
Feb 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Amazing doctor they concerned and caring shining the best procedure to make you comfortable and fix the situation you have I will keep you updated my surgery is January 12
Marilyn Baker – Jan 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Dr. Behrman is very thorough answering all of my questions. I never felt pressured into having surgery, which is important. He is and his staff are extremely nice and I'd prefer him to anybody. I look forward to my follow up.
Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
My visit with Dr. Behrman was great. He's professional, informative and reassuring. I'm confident in his abilities and in the care I will receive at this facility.
Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Dr. Behrman and his team are absolutely AMAZING! They offer exceptional, life-changing care and are the most accessible communicators I've ever seen in health care. I could not recommend more highly!
Dec 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Superb experience. Personable and highly competent.
Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Initial paperwork took longer than expected. Advice and meeting was great. Explained the risks and where more information was needed regarding my case. Dr. Behrman was candid, concise, and exact in his explanations. So far so good. 4/5 total.
Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Dr. Behrman did my surgery on my upper and lower jaw. From consultation, molding, surgery, pre-op, post-op, ER visits, another redo surgery, a lost retainer and more... I wish I could give dr Behrman more stars. His entire staff, Dr, Adam Abel and Dr. Insel Owen are phenomenal, and they are always readily available to help me, and I’m super thrilled with the outcome. I would recommend him 1000%
Arielle Lipsky in Cedarhurst, NY – May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Dr. Behrmen preformed a total joint replacement on my TMJ joint in April of 2017. He provided me with a full understanding of the procedure prior to surgery. Although the recovery was tough, I always felt like I was in good hands. At times I had some difficulty with the office staff but that should not take away from the excellent surgent doctor Behrmen is. I have a new lease on life and I’ve never felt better, that’s a testament to his excellent surgical skills.
Vivian Germano in Syosset , NY – Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
I had jaw surgery with Dr. Behrman to fix an open bite. He recommend a “surgery first” approach as he said my bite was ready as is so I didn't need presurgery braces treatment. I only needed braces one week before surgery to have a place for rubber bands. This was a big mistake. I never had braces as a kid so theres no way my teeth were ready. Now I spoke with some doctors and one told me to sue Dr. Behrman. They said surgery first was crazy for my bite. Dr. Behrman does not care about patients
New York, NY – Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Have had issues after surgery, he is now blaming that I did not follow certain things after surgery (but I did follow all his recommendations). He is very unresponsive and don’t care about the patients. Same goes for the staff. Spend weeks without any follow up from anyone. This tells a lot about the professionalism in that department.
  • Long wait times
Mar 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
We are very impressed with Dr. Behrman. I addition to being a highly respected surgeon in his specialty, he is kind, personable and an excellent listener. Highly recommend!
Kaila Fearey in NYC, NY – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Dr. Behrman and his staff are truly top notch. They utilize start of the art technology, are quick to answer questions, are extremely supportive, and worked around my complicated schedule. I am shocked by the other reviews on this website — my double jaw surgery went exactly as planned and I couldn’t be happier with the results.
Jan 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Utterly horrendous should have listened to the reviews here. I decided that only people who have bad experiences leave reviews and surely they were the minority. Well, i cant say whether thats the case or not but I can tell you I'd run for the hills before using this guy. Still have a deviated septum, several unaddressed issues post surgery and the staff was about as helpful as Lennie from Of Mice and Men was intelligent. I cannot say enough negative things about my experience.
  • Long wait times
Mike in New York, NY – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Dr. B destroyed my face and bite after a lower jaw surgery to fix an underbite. Cosmetically I looked better before and now I have a posterior open bite and difficulty chewing and visible asymmetries. After Dr. B collected my insurance $$$ he disappeared. Don't be fooled by his credentials. You should know he had an uncle at the OMS dept when he joined; did he become boss through skill or nepotism? Avoid avoid avoid, unless you like dealing with residents and don't care about your face.
Nov 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Dr B performed upper and lower jaw surgery on my 20 y.o. son and resolved so many issues, visually, in daily life, and as a professional singer. He used state of the art techniques but followed up personally and often. Healing was swift, exactly as expected. He has the best patient (&parent) communication style ever -- explained risks, recovery, options, esp for a singer & spoke directly to my son. Staff, clerical/medical, office/hospital were terrific. I am seeing him for a jaw issue.
Ruth G in Princeton, NJ – Jul 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?
Years removed from having my double jaw surgery I can safely say I'm unhappy with the results. My expectations weren't that high, I would have been happy if the procedure bought me 20 years of pain free existence. Yet only a few years removed and my 9mm lip incompetence and the accompanying mentalis strain is causing me to seek out ways to address this.
Jan 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. David Behrman, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Behrman?

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Mandibular Hypoplasia
  • Maxillary Hypoplasia
  • Small Chin

Dr. Behrman accepts

Dr. Behrman accepts the following insurance:

Blue Access (Select Network)-NY
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Behrman is a 1976 graduate of Hamilton College. He received his DMD from the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine in June 198. He was...Read more

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery