Dr. Darren Pakravan, DDS

Dr. Darren Pakravan, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Male

Dr. Darren Pakravan, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Chicago, IL and has been practicing for 10 years. He practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read his story

Windy City Orthodontics

• Guardian
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Pakravan

Dr. Pakravan's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Pakravan "ON BEING AN ORTHODONTIST Practicing orthodontics in Chicago is a privilege. I get to work with my hands, meet new people every day, and be part of my patients’ lives. Whether I’m caring for a child or an adult, seeing someone who wouldn’t smile before treatment now beaming with confidence in their new smile is a great reward. Witnessing the boost in self-esteem and positivity in many of our patients is what energizes me to keep up the hard work. DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS FOR THE ORTHODONTIST? WE'RE HERE TO HELP WITH YOUR QUESTIONS. CLICK TO SCHEDULE YOUR ONLINE APPOINTMENT. I love that I make a living by helping people love their smile. Every patient is important, but when I can help someone become the type of individual who smiles all the time, it’s especially gratifying. From little kids who are teased or bullied about their smile, to adults who are ashamed to show their teeth socially and professionally, getting to see the transformations that happen in these people, as their beautiful, healthy smile develops, is why I look forward to coming to work each morning. MY EDUCATION AND COMMITMENT TO CONTINUING EDUCATION Northwestern University – degree in environmental science University of Illinois Chicago – Doctorate of Dental Surgery Evanston-Northwestern Healthcare – one year of hospital dentistry University of Illinois Chicago – Master of Science and specialty training in orthodontics My orthodontic team and I attend many hours of continuing dental and orthodontic education every year, and study topics ranging from orthodontic mechanics and appliances to advances in diagnostic and developmental understanding — and practice management, as well. These courses enable us not only to shepherd our patients more efficiently through treatment with a higher standard of care, but also to serve them and their families better throughout their orthodontic journey. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS American Association of Orthodontists American Dental Association Midwest Society of Orthodontists Illinois Society of Orthodontists Illinois State Dental Society Chicago Dental Society AWAY FROM THE PRACTICE I grew up in the northern suburbs of Chicago and now call the Windy City my home. My life is shared with a little black mixed-breed dog, Cinder, who’s a rescue. Like many rescues, she has issues that we’re working through, though what she needs most, and what I strive to give her, are security, attention, reassurance, and love. My parents and younger brother all live within a few hours of Chicago and I enjoy being with them. When I’m not working, I spend time riding and fixing my motorcycles and scooters, playing with Cinder, camping, and snowboarding. I love to listen to live music and enjoy other arts, and spend as much time as possible actively exploring the city and the world. But it’s always nice to settle in with a good book, as well."

This content was provided by Dr. Pakravan "At Windy City Orthodontics, Dr. Darren Pakravan provides individualized, cutting-edge care with a personal touch. We not only take the time to develop personal relationships with our patients, but we also give thorough explanations and updates throughout treatment, as well as individual attention to each patient, regardless of their age. www.windycityortho.com"

2  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Non-Surgical Bite Correction
  • Non-Surgical Orthodontic Procedures
  • Orthodontic Aligners
  • Orthodontic Procedures
  • Orthodontic Temporary Anchorage Devices (TADs)
  • Orthodontic Treatment, Adult
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Surgical Orthodontics
  • Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Illinois In Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Pakravan has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Pakravan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pakravan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pakravan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pakravan's Reviews