Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology  |
Dr. Darrell Edwards, DDS
Dr. Rick Edwards was born and raised in Pocatello, Idaho. Around his teenage years, he realized he wanted to go into dentistry, inspired both by his mom's encouragements and his orthodontist neighbor. Originally, Dr. Rick intended to follow in his neighbor's footsteps and become an orthodontist; however, when he was at dental school, he found he was more interested in the oral surgery clinic and that the oral and maxillofacial specialty aligned better with his goals to help people. During dental school, Dr. Rick went to Mexico to assist in cleft lip and palate treatment; after being able to truly help change people's lives, he knew there was nothing else he would rather do for his career. Dr. Rick enjoys working in a group practice with Dr. Carl, who he met and befriended in college, because it provides him with the opportunity to interact with and help several different communities. The ultimate reward for Dr. Rick is seeing patients out in public who remember being treated and thank him for the services he provided. He believes that helping people find solutions to their oral health problems and helping them start better lives is the best life he could imagine for himself.

309 2nd St SE

Auburn, WA 98002

• Guardian

Learn about Dr. Edwards

I strive to ensure every patient feels comfortable and safe at our office by taking a personalized approach to patient care. I enjoy getting to know my patients and know that patients experience a better overall result when they feel informed and involved throughout their treatment. From their initial consultation to post-surgery recovery, I want my patients to know that I am there for them every step of the way.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology

• Dry Tooth Socket
  • Excessive Tooth Wear
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis
  • Tooth Malformation
  • Traumatic Dental Injuries

• Dental Implant
  • Implant-Supported Dentures

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University Of Nebraska / College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Illinois
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Edwards has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Edwards has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Edwards does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Edwards and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Edwards' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Edwards to family and friends
Dr. Edwards' Performance
in Bonney Lake, WA |
It was great considering my tooth.
Thank you for the 5-star review, Katherine! Knowing about your experience at our practice allows us to give future patients exceptional care and provide the best possible outcome. Thank you so much for leaving this review and letting us know how we did.
in Seattle, WA |
the doctor was nice and concerned from what I can remember. but the best part is I don't remember anything past that. these guys get in and get out. perfection!! this is the only place my family or i will ever go for dental procedures. my driver barely had time to log in to face book
Thank you so much, Rik. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. Feedback like yours helps us ensure that we continually give all of our patients the best possible experience and outcome. We are truly grateful to you for letting us know how we are doing.
in Seattle, WA |
The service was prompt and I liked that I was able to be seen by a doctor right away when I was having some pain.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible, Kimberly. You have absolutely made our day. Reviews like yours make us so thankful to be able to do what we love and help people in our community.
in Auburn, WA |
Healing process was smooth sailing compared to my friends getting their wisdom teeth out elsewhere.
Thank you for the 5-star review, Emily! We are thankful that you took time out of your day to let others know about your positive experience coming to our practice. We appreciate it more than you know.
in Federal way, WA |
Surgeons were very professional and I experienced very little pain. Staff was great.
Thank you so much, Taylor. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. This allows others in our community to make better decisions about where to go for their oral surgery needs, now knowing how your experience was.
in Poulsbo, WA |
good
Thank you for the 5-star review, Collin! We are thankful that you took time out of your day to let others know about your positive experience coming to our practice. We appreciate it more than you know.
in Sumner, WA |
Friendly
Thank you for the 5-star review, Andrew! Feedback like yours helps us ensure that we continually give all of our patients the best possible experience and outcome. We are truly grateful to you for letting us know how we are doing.
in Federal way, WA |
Dr. Edwards was amazing. Staff was super friendly. The whole process was flawless.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible, Laura. You have absolutely made our day. Reviews like yours make us so thankful to be able to do what we love and help people in our community.
in Kirkland, WA |
Dental assistants are superb, especially Victoria in Federal way. In Auburn Mel is awesome. Anisha in Federal way is Superb. I trust Dr. Edwards completely. He is confident and passes on confidence to his patients.
We appreciate your kind words about Dr. Edwards, David. He enjoyed working with you as well. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. This allows others in our community to make better decisions about where to go for their oral surgery needs, now knowing how your experience was.
in Kirkland, WA |
Took me in and fixed it. Staff very friendly and informative.
Thank you so much, Connie. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours.
It was quick. Everyone was nice and no pain.
Thank you, Rhandell. It is great to hear that you experienced no pain in your procedure and recovery. You have absolutely made our day. Reviews like yours make us so thankful to be able to do what we love and help people in our community.
He was amazing and staff was awesome! It was a great experience, I highly recommend this place.
Thank you so much. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. You have absolutely made our day. Reviews like yours make us so thankful to be able to do what we love and help people in our community.
in Federal Way, WA |
Great professional; quick and easy; would highly recommend
Thank you, Rebecca, for recommending our practice. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. This allows others in our community to make better decisions about where to go for their oral surgery needs, now knowing how your experience was.
in Buckley, WA |
Doctor Edwards and his staff were nice to me. He informed me what I needed to know before going into surgery.
We are so happy that you felt informed throughout your experience with us, Vanessa. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours.
Everything went great! my time here was wonderful
Thank you for the 5-star review! It is vital to our business to know how we are doing, and we are very thankful that you took the time to let us know we are on track and providing exceptional care. This is our top priority.
in Federal Way |
All the staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. The surgery went quickly and I experienced no pain. I was impressed with this practice.
Thank you, Edith. It is great to hear that you experienced no pain in your procedure and recovery. Thank you so much for providing this valuable feedback. It means the world to us that you had a positive experience.
I usually don't like going to the dentist but Dr. Edwards and his staff went out of their way to make me feel comfortable going into surgery. Great experience overall.
Thank you for the 5-star review, Tom! Feedback like yours helps us ensure that we continually give all of our patients the best possible experience and outcome. We are truly grateful to you for letting us know how we are doing.
in Federal Way |
Dr. Edwards was so chill. I had a tooth extracted and an implant placed and everyone here has been so relaxed and it makes me feel comfortable.
Thank you so much, Deanna. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. We are thankful that you took time out of your day to let others know about your positive experience coming to our practice. We appreciate it more than you know.
Everything went really great! All my questions were answered and I felt very prepared for my wisdom teeth extractions.
We are so happy that you felt informed throughout your experience with us, Ian. You have absolutely made our day. Reviews like yours make us so thankful to be able to do what we love and help people in our community.
in Federal Way |
Dr. Edwards was amazing. I had an extraction and implant procedure with no pain or swelling.
Thank you, Debra. It is great to hear that you experienced no pain in your procedure and recovery. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours.
Quick, easy and informative! If I had to, I'd come back here again!
We are so happy that you felt informed throughout your experience with us, Cameron. Knowing about your experience at our practice allows us to give future patients exceptional care and provide the best possible outcome. Thank you so much for leaving this review and letting us know how we did.
Overall everything went great! I had a great experience with Dr. Edwards.
Thank you so much, Jonathan. We are grateful that you had such a pleasant experience with our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. This allows others in our community to make better decisions about where to go for their oral surgery needs, now knowing how your experience was.
in Federal Way |
I had two teeth extracted last week for my orthodontics and everybody was friendly.
Hi, Chloe. We are pleased to hear that your extraction procedure went well. Our entire staff strives to give each and every patient the best possible experience and outcome, and it means the world to us when we receive feedback likes yours.
I really enjoy coming to Dr. Edwards for all my oral surgery needs! Great practice.
Thank you for the 5-star review, Shakuntla! It is vital to our business to know how we are doing, and we are very thankful that you took the time to let us know we are on track and providing exceptional care. This is our top priority.
It was great! Quick and easy appointment and surgery appointment. Definitely would recommend to friends and family!
Thank you, Drennon, for recommending our practice. You were an absolute pleasure to work with. You have absolutely made our day. Reviews like yours make us so thankful to be able to do what we love and help people in our community.
I like that everything was explained to me really well. To top it off surgery and my healing went smoothly.
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Federal Way |
I had Dr. Edwards take out my top and bottom wisdom teeth. It was easy and I'm back to normal.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We truly appreciate the kind words. Please tell your friends and family!
in Kent, WA |
I had my wisdom teeth removed and it was really easy.
Your kind words have made our day! Thank you for being such a wonderful patient.
Dr. Edwards did a great job with my surgery. The process went very smooth and all the staff were very nice.
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff, Nancy. Thank you for choosing us!
The staff here are so friendly and they made this a very positive, comfortable experience for me! Thank you so much Pacific Northwest Oral Surgery!
Thank you for recommending our practice, Sydney. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
All my issues were addressed including my financial. All the staff treated me with kindness.
in Buckley, WA |
I've had a great experience with Dr. Edwards. The service was quick, the price was reasonable, and surgery was easy.
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
Super timely and very friendly, caring staff. Minor discomfort after, as long as you stay on top of pain meds.
in Buckley, WA |
Had a great experience. Nice staff, Helpful instructions, and the wait time was short.
Quick and simple consult and surgery appointments! I would recommend this practice to friends and family.
Thank you for recommending our practice. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
Getting my wisdom teeth out was a breeze! They make you feel comfortable and relaxed. The staff and doctors are super nice and hospitable. I would recommend to friends and family!!
We are pleased to hear that your procedure went well. Thank you for the 5-star review! Please tell your friends and family!
Great doctors and staff, very informative consultation. I would recommend to friends and family!
Great experience
It means the world to us that you had a great experience. Thank you for the review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Sumner, WA |
It was fast and easy.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please tell your friends and family!
I had a great experience! I felt welcomed right from the start. The staff and doctor were extremely nice and very informative. In the past, I was given the runaround from other dentists. But when I finally came here, I was taken care of right away and my procedure went real smooth.
in Renton, WA |
Great experience
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
Buckley, WA |
I had my wisdom teeth out last week and I have had no pain at all. It was way easier than I thought!
in Federeal way, wa |
My experience was great. I wanted my wisdoms taken out ASAP and they got me in right away.
We are glad we were able to fit you into the schedule. We do our very best to accommodate patients' needs. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and leaving us a review.
Very efficient, helpful, and very pleasant staff!
Doctor Edwards was great. He was very nice and friendly. Overall the service I received was ideal- I was brought back right away and everyone was nice.
I had a great experience overall. The doctor and staff made me feel comfortable. Felt like home.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
in Federal way, WA |
Between this office and my dentist, I'm treated so well.
in Federal Way, WA |
Great practice, the staff make you feel at ease and make a tough situation into a good one!
in Tacoma, WA |
I needed to be seen .I called on a Monday was in Tuesday.Sara was amazing also, I passed out and took good care of me.
Convenient location, overall good experience. I would recommend to friends & family!
Have you seen Dr. Darrell Edwards, DDS?

Visit Dr. Edwards

Dr. Edwards accepts 3 insurance carriers
    Delta Dental PPO
    Delta Dental Premier
  • Guardian
    DentalGuard Preferred

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology