Dr. Darrell Edwards, DDS

Dr. Darrell Edwards, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology | Male

I strive to ensure every patient feels comfortable and safe at our office by taking a personalized approach to patient care. I enjoy getting to know my patients and know that patients experience a better overall result when they feel informed and involved throughout their treatment. From their initial consultation to post-surgery recovery, I want my patients to know that I am there for them every step of the way.

Dr. Rick Edwards was born and raised in Pocatello, Idaho. Around his teenage years, he realized he wanted to go into dentistry, inspired both by his mom's encouragements and his orthodontist neighbor. Originally, Dr. Rick intended to follow in his neighbor's footsteps and become an orthodontist; however, when he was at dental school, he found he was more interested in the oral surgery clinic and that the oral and maxillofacial specialty aligned better with his goals to help people.

During dental school, Dr. Rick went to Mexico to assist in cleft lip and palate treatment; after being able to truly help change people's lives, he knew there was nothing else he would rather do for his career. Dr. Rick enjoys working in a group practice with Dr. Carl, who he met and befriended in college, because it provides him with the opportunity to interact with and help several different communities. The ultimate reward for Dr. Rick is seeing patients out in public who remember being treated and thank him for the services he provided. He believes that helping people find solutions to their oral health problems and helping them start better lives is the best life he could imagine for himself.

Learn about this dentist

Dr. Edwards' Experience

Visiting Dr. Edwards

Dr. Edwards accepts 3 insurance carriers

Dr. Edwards' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Edwards to family and friends
Dr. Edwards' Performance
in Federal Way, WA |
Great practice, the staff make you feel at ease and make a tough situation into a good one!
Discovering a cracked tooth 10 days before a trip to Europe is not good! I was able to get in immediately for an appointment and treatment. Very professional & compassionate practice. Highly recommend!
Convenient location, overall good experience. I would recommend to friends & family!
in Federal Way |
I had a tooth extracted last week and the staff here has taken great care of me. The procedure was fast and easy.
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
in Renton, WA |
I had my wisdom teeth removed and the experience was good.
We are pleased to hear that your procedure went well. Thank you for the 5-star review! Please tell your friends and family!
It was great.
Thank you for your kind words!
in Federal way, Wa |
Doctor Edwards has a great sense of humor and makes me feel comfortable. Best of all, he is very thorough and meticulous when it comes to his work. He placed all of my implants and I am EXTREMELY satisfied with my results.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
It went great.
It means the world to us that you had a great experience. Thank you for the review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Buckley, WA |
Dr. Edwards did a great job. Both him and the staff mad me feel safe and comfortable during my visits.
in Auburn, WA |
My daughter had her wisdom teeth out and it was a great experience.
in Auburn, WA |
Answered all my questions and the videos were helpful.
Thank you for the 5-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing us.
in Auburn, WA |
I had an implant placed and it was very easy.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please tell your friends and family!
in Federal Way, WA |
Where do I start.... doctor Edwards have done an amazing job on my surgeries. He is so outgoing and best of all he shows that he cares about my overall wellbeing. To top it off, all of the assistants in federal way like Rochelle and Melisa works so well as a team and they made me feel right at home.
Dr. Edwards did a great job on my implant. I highly recommend to future Patients. Everyone in the office made me feel comfortable.
Thank you for recommending our practice. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
Seattle, WA |
The procedure was quick and easy. The staff was very friendly and caring
Great experience!
It was fast and easy.
in Seattle, WA |
Quick and easy, worked great with my schedule!
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We truly appreciate the kind words. Please tell your friends and family!
in New Castle, WA |
I had an implant placed and Dr. Edward's was great. The entire staff was knowledgeable and professional.
in Sumner, WA |
I liked how the doctor asked how my day was before starting surgery. Very comfortable
It was excellent.
in Seattle WA |
The staff were very considerate of my feelings through out getting my surgery and my time here.
in Enumclaw, WA |
Everything has been pain free. The staff was super friendly and it wasn't hard to make an appt
in Renton, WA |
It all went real smooth.
in Kent, WA |
I had an implant done here in the past and came back for an extraction. Great office!
in Renton, WA |
Dr. Edwards removed two teeth for me. I had a great experience. His staff took care of me and I don't remember a thing! I would recommend PNWOMS to anyone needing tooth extractions.
Thank you! We appreciate the recommendation and we would be happy to assist you and your friends and family in the future. Please tell your friends and family!
Buckley, WA |
Very professional and patient with all my questions. lots of experience. Truthful as well that is why I picked him over another guy in Southcenter.
in Auburn, WA |
It was easy and straight forward. Everyone was really kind.
in Federal way wa |
I was able to get my son in the same day. They were very helpful with forms and paperwork for his school and diet change.
in Renton, WA |
All my questions were answered. Quick and easy.
in Federal Way, WA |
With Dr. Edwards, my appointment went smoothly and comfortably. Staff was friendly, kind, and helpful. A minor scheduling error arose on my part, and they were diligent to rectify the situation and assist me in getting the help I needed. The ease of everything was refreshing, and I would recommend their services.
in Renton, WA |
Dr. Edwards has been great and Angela was nice.
Dr. Edwards is a professional who cares. He explained to both me and my husband the why of the procedure and the what to expect. He was kind and the work was done with great results. I would recommend him in a heartbeat.
in Auburn, WA |
Dr. E is a great guy! He's funny & makes me laugh and at ease with the procedures I have had done.
in Federal Way, WA |
Dr. Edwards exhibits the highest professional standards and competence. He has extracted several teeth and 2 implants and strongly recommend him and/or his partners. I have less than stellar teeth and have had lots of work done and won't go anywhere else.
in Snohomish, WA |
Love this place. Great surgeons and staff. We
in Federal Way, WA |
The whole experience was good. I would recommend Doctor Edwards.
Buckley, WA |
It would be very likely for me to recommend Dr.Edwards To family and friends
in Federal Way, WA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Edwards to my family and friends. I was impressed by his sensitivity to my comfort while doing my surgery and his comprehensive explanation of what he would be doing and how he would proceed. Easy to talk to and took time to explain options for future care that I asked about.
in Federal Way, WA |
He does a really good job. He's my favorite tooth guy!
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Federal Way, WA |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Edwards for your wisdom tooth extraction. I had a wonderful experience, the staff were great, and Dr. Edwards was fantastic. My recovery was very good, I had no pain after only one week.
Kent, WA |
Worst experience ever. First the communication from the initial phone call was in correct and misleading. Then when I ask about why the procedure wasnt going to be done like the person that called me said it was going to be, I was then treated like a disgruntled patient. Dr. Edwards came in very rude, kept cutting me off when I was trying to explain my frustrations. And kept being very condescending. I dont know how these 5 star reviews can reflect the same person I seen. I wouldnt refer anyone
Kent, WA |
They took care of me. Dr. Edwards is a pretty friendly guy and was easy to converse with. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Buckley wa |
Dr. Edwards was great. Made the process so easy! Also it was like the surgery never even happened!
in Seattle, WA |
Received recommendation to have Edwards perform an extraction relative to cracked root canal. He and his staff did an excellent job of both explaining procedure, answering my many questions, and supporting me during the procedure. Very much appreciated.
in Seattle, WA |
Very professional, timely and courteous staff
in Federal Way Wa |
I am a very nervous dental patient and the staff at PNWOMS was absolutely amazing and understanding!!!
in Seattle, WA |
He was super friendly and made my wisdom teeth extraction experience bearable. Was a bit nervous about the whole process but it was done quickly and without any problems.
in Renton, WA |
I have had two extractions done at this office and could not be more pleased with them. My extractions were a rather urgent matter and the entire office worked with me to make the experience as easy and painless as possible. I want to give a special thanks to Jessica, she was kind and understanding when I really needed it. I have pretty bad history with dentist but these last two were a much appreciated change. Thank you too all the staff at the auburn location. I would highly recommend them.
Mercer Island, WA |
Had 4 teeth extracted . Painless. Would.highly Recommend
Have you seen Dr. Darrell Edwards, DDS?

Compare Dr. Edwards

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Edwards' Care Philosophy

Dr. Edwards says...

After completing his schooling, Dr. Rick began a General Practice internship in Chicago. He then completed a four-year Oral and Maxillofacial residency at the University of Illinois. While training at his residency, Dr. Rick gained valuable skills for performing a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures. He also gained hands-on experience working alongside surgeons and anesthesiologists in a hospital setting; he has the highest level of training in treating a variety of facial and oral conditions while also safely administering all forms of sedation.

Dr. Edwards says...

Dr. Rick is a diplomate of the National Dental Board of Anesthesiology, which requires him to complete an extensive exam and assures patients that he has the highest qualification for administering all forms of anesthesia in both a hospital and office setting.

Dr. Edwards' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
    •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Abscess
    • Dry Tooth Socket
    • Excessive Tooth Wear
    • Geographic Tongue
    • Gingivitis
    • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
    • Halitosis

University of Nebraska / College of Dentistry

Graduated in 1986

University of Illinois

Completed in 1990

Dr. Edwards does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Edwards and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology