Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD

Endodontics •  Male

Dr. Dunbar

Dunbar Daniel A DMD Ms PC

9225 Manchester Rd Ste 201 Saint Louis, MO 63144

Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD is an endodontics practitioner in Saint Louis, MO. He practices endodontics.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Endodontists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Dunbar accepts

Dr. Dunbar accepts the following insurance:

Dental DPPO
Assurant Health
DHA
DHA Premier
Delta Dental
Delta Dental Premier
Guardian
DentalGuard Preferred

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Missouri

Check if Dr. Dunbar treats your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD...

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Dunbar's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dunbar

3.9

Dr. Dunbar?
Dr. Dunbar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD
Dr. Dan was the absolute best. This man is the root canal whisperer. The Mr. Rogers of Endodontist, if you will. Referred to him by my normal dentist office during this whole pandemic, I was pretty nervous. Not only was the office staff extremely nice, Dr Dan has the best chair side manner. He talks you through every step of the process, and somehow made the shots not SO painful. (they still hurt, but that’s a shot for ya lol). The root canal process is fast and honestly painless (*jumps for joy). I’m writing this review the day after, and besides a tinge of soreness, all is definitely well, and I can’t thank Dr. Dan enough.
CMG – Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
I have had 3 root canals by Dr. Dunbar. I have difficulty getting numb because of extreme nerve sensitivity. In all treatments he made sure I was completely numb and the injections were not overly painful. I was in and out in less then an hour and best of all he only requires 1 visit. Many endodontist require 2 visits. He is kind and very empathetic.
E.Cutler – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
If you like pain when you get your novacaine shot, this is the doc for you. He enjoys giving you your shot to you all at once so you get the full extent of thrill of excruciating pain in the nerve his is injecting. I have a parent, and a sibling who have both gone to him and had this same experience, on more than one occasion. They have also heard from other people that he is known for not caring about what the patient experiences when he anestizes them in this way.
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
I had an excellent experience. Dr. Dunbar is professional and kind. He listened to me, took care of my pain and I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know!
Mar 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
I had heard so much about how horrible root canals were. I was the biggest baby. Dr. Dunbar addressed my concerns and very honestly explained every step he would take during the procedure and followed through to the T. He was kind and empathetic. And he also made me laugh a lot, which really eased my stress. I appreciated his kindness and patience very much. I wouldnt want a root canal every day, but Dr. Dunbar is who I'll go to if I ever need another. It really wasnt all that bad.
Anita Jackson in Affton, MO – Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
He was fantastic! In and out of a root canal in less than an hour. Easy and painless! Thank you again
Andrew V. in St Louis, MO – Jun 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
Dr Dunbar's rates much higher than other offices, which you won't know unless you explicitly ask for itemized receipt of work done -- they simply take your money, max out your benefits, and continue to bill for more money. My root canal was not done properly (the tooth is still sensitive) however just that one root canal cost nearly $2,000 between out-of-pocket cost & insurance, not counting dentist. They care more about get money than making sure they did their job or building relationships.
Tim in St Louis, MO – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
He was not respectful of my wife's condition and her concerns and tried to bully her into whatever he wanted to do. He did not act in a professional manner in how he treated her.
Brad K in St Louis, MO – Jun 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
After my general dentist left me in pain for 3 days,to tell me to take pain meds and wait another 3 days to go see his recommended endodontist I thought.Really so I found Dr Dunbar . I called his office as leaving my dentist to be told Yes he can get me in same day! Pain free from the day I left Dunbar's office...Thanks
Melissa in Wildwood – Jun 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
I felt at ease at this office and not rushed. Donna the business assistant was super nice and friendly on the phone and in person. Dr Dunbar is not only professional but very knowledgeable. Even though I'm in the field he still made sure and explained things so they make sense to me. Great atmosphere in the office. Also the woman that checked me out (can't remember her name) was very nice a friendly as well.
Chelsea Isgrig in St. Louis mo – Apr 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?
I have visited Dr. Dunbar 4 times over the past 11 years for root canals. He is very professional. He explains what he is doing as you go through the procedure. He us quick and keeps the atmosphere up beat. His staff us friendly and caring. I would highly recommend him. I had heard how horrible a root canal can be but honestly it wasn't horrible at all. It was quick and painless.
Connie Lee in St. Louis, MO – Jan 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Daniel Dunbar, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dunbar?

• Endodontics