Dr. Dana Martin, DMD

Dr. Dana Martin, DMD

Orthodontics  ·
Male

Dr. Dana Martin, DMD is an orthodontics practitioner in Knoxville, TN. He practices orthodontics.Read his story

Dr. Dana Martin, Orthodontist

• Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Martin

Dr. Martin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Martin "With over 35 years of experience, Dr. Dana Martin, DMD, MS is dedicated to providing patients with the highest quality orthodontic care. He regularly attends continuing education courses and seminars throughout the United States each year to learn the latest in not only orthodontic care, but in technology as well. Dr. Martin has been awarded by Total Dental Administrators (TDA) for continuously exceeding the required continuing education units. Dr. Martin attended the University of Kentucky, where he earned his Bachelor of Science degree. He went on to graduate with a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry, and then completed his Orthodontic Certificate and Master of Science degree at the University of Pennsylvania. After graduation, Dr. Martin instructed post doctorate periodontics, prosthodontic, and orthodontic students at Emory University, as well as in his orthodontic practice. Dr. Martin and his wife Gina have three children and two grandchildren. They enjoy being active in their community, and they volunteer for several organizations. Dr. Martin is affiliated with the following organizations and hold the following honors: Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics Tennessee State Board Certified Orthodontist College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics Fellow, World Federation of Orthodontists Distinguished Fellow of the American Council of Dental Sciences (F.A.C.D.S) Honorary Master Diplomate of the National Academy of Dental Sciences in the specialty of Orthodontic Dental Sciences Foundation for Orthodontic Research American Academy of Facial Esthetics American Association of Orthodontics Southern Society of Orthodontics Tennessee Association of Orthodontists The American Dental Association Tennessee Dental Association Second District Dental Society "

This content was provided by Dr. Martin "The purpose of our practice is to make lives better.  We not only strive to create confidence in one's smile, but we also strive to do this in a Christian manner. "

1  Practice Areas

• Orthodontics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Clear Ceramic Braces
  • Clear Dental Braces
  • Cleft Lip and Palate Repair
  • Cone Beam 3D Imaging
  • Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT)
  • Corrective Jaw Surgery
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Temporormandibular (TM) Therapy
  • Two-Phase Orthodontic Treatment

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Kentucky
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Louisville / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated
  • University Of Pennsylvania / School Of Dental Medicine
  • University Of Pennsylvania/Orthodontics
    Other Education | Completed

Dr. Martin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Martin has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Facial Esthetics, Member
  • American Association of Orthodontics, Member
  • American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomate
  • Distinguished Fellow of the American Council of Dental Sciences, Fellow
  • Foundation for Orthodontic Research, Member
  • Honorary Master Diplomate of the National Academy of Dental Sciences in the specialty of Orthodontic Dental Sciences, Diplomate
  • Second District Dental Society, Member

Dr. Martin's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Martin to family and friends

Dr. Martin's Performance

THE BEST ORTHODONTIST AND ASSISTANTS EVER!!!! I honestly have to say I'm sad my braces are off. This isn't just an office of staff members for the next couple years you have your braces, these people are like family. They are very personable and honestly, I had a blast with the staff every time I...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Martin was really great with my son. He started braces in the summer before 7th grade and had them off after about 18-20 months. The doc was really good about keeping me informed of time frames and treatment. Definitely recommend!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

KW, Thank You so much for the kind review. We are always striving to do our best. We, as a team, are so pleased that you had an exceptional experience while visiting our office for your son's appointments. Thank You again for letting us know how we are doing!

I'm an "older" patient in my late 40s. I had braces in my teens but over the years some teeth moved/became crooked again (didn't wear retainer long enough!). Dr. Martin was able to get me a great smile again!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Marie, Thank You for choosing Dr. Dana R. Martin, for your orthodontic needs. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are so pleased that you have your "GREAT" smile again, and Thank You for allowing us to play a small part. We get overjoyed when patients, such as yourself, provide us with such positive feedback regarding your treatment. Keep showing off that beautiful smile and don't forget to wear your retainer @ night!

Great doctor, competent staff. Love my new smile!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Durham, NC Thank You for reaching out and letting us know how we are doing as a team. We are overjoyed in knowing you are so pleased with your new smile! Thank You again for the awesome review and keep showing off that fantastic smile!

My child's entire course of treatment has been a nightmare. Rude staff, terrible scheduling policies, they've screwed up filing of insurance more times than I can count. Actual treatment is passed off to staff who couldn't care less and who engaged in discussing their sex lives in front of my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

Sevierville, TN I would like to begin by apologizing on behalf of our team. I appreciate you taking the time to do a survey to let us know how we are doing. I will certainly discuss your concerns with our team and with Dr. Martin. Though we strive to do our best, we obviously have fallen way short of the mark in this instance. If you would like to follow up with me personally, please don't hesitate to reach out 865 470-2005. I would definitely like to have the opportunity to correct things.