Dr. Chitra Ghafari, DDS

Dr. Chitra Ghafari, DDS

Family Dentistry  |
59 reviews

Chitra Ghafari is a Dentist - Family and Cosmetic Dentist practicing in Gaithersburg, MD. Started practicing 1997. PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION Faculty Club Member – Spear Education Academy of General Dentistry Washington Iranian Dental Society American Society of Implant and Reconstructive Dentistry FORMS OF PAYMENT Forms of payment accepted by the office are cash or any major credit card. We also accept Care Credit and Lending Club. INSURANCES ACCEPTED Aetna Cigna MetLife Dental Dental BCBS United Concordia Dentquest Ameritas Guardian Principal Geha Humana HOURS Tuesday & Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Thursday: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Friday: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM ...See Less

Aesthetic Dental of Kentlands

60 Market St Ste 209

Gaithersburg, MD 20878

• Ameritas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • MetLife
  • Principal Life
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Ghafari

We would like to welcome you to our office. We take great satisfaction in helping you maintain optimal oral health. Our practice is devoted to comprehensive and preventative patient care. Our patients are our most important asset, and we strive to develop long-lasting, trusting relationships with all of them. We pride ourselves in providing family dentistry and numerous cosmeticic options. If you are having a dental emergency, we are available to help you from 8:00am until 10:00 pm Monday thru Saturday. We look forward to seeing you!

• Family Dentistry

• Root Canal
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Whitening
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• University of Tehran - BS Zoology
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • The University of Oklahoma - D.D.S.
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • General Practice - University of Minnesota
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Master Degree - University of Minnesota
    Other Education | Completed 1993

Dr. Ghafari has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ghafari has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi
  • French

Dr. Ghafari does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ghafari and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Ghafari's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ghafari to family and friends
Dr. Ghafari's Performance
First saw her when I had a dental emergency over 6 years ago and have been coming ever since. She performed regular cleanings to implants and I never had any issues with any of the work. She has also been friendly and taken the time to explain what needed to be done.
She's patient and understanding. Her willingness to teach and listen are a bonus. She uses advanced techniques as well.
Dr.Ghafari Takes Time to Explain every Procedure she is doing. She is Fair, Very kind and supportive. Dr.Ghafari's office is equipped with the latest technology.
very good experience-easy to talk to-very attentive
Always available to listen and has has even returned my calls on the weekends! Love Dr. Ghafari!
She is very efficient.
Efficient and timely. Referred me to a great gum specialist when I needed some gum work.
this is not my first time at Dr. Ghafari's office, she has done several sensitive dental work, everything has been done very smoothly as always, that is why I keep coming for more dental work, she is very careful about what you feel and how the operation is moving forward. it's a good feeling to see her in total control, I am so very happy that I have found her and keep coming back. Thanks Doctor.
the best i have worked with and meets my family's dental needs to our expectations. shes clear and follows up after a procedure.
Dr. Ghafari is always great when I visit. She is very efficient and always takes time to listen to me and explain what she is doing and what is needed. She is a great dentist; I would recommend visiting her!
I have no issue and have been very good experience
As root canals can be an ordeal, Dr. Ghafari has made the experience an easy one. She made sure that I felt comfortable through the process and took time to explain the procedure and the pricing.
Great and thumb up.
Professional and Thorough. Ensure that you are relaxed prior to procedure.
My experience with dr. Ghafari has always been great. Clean office, great staff and always leave with shiny teeth. Absolutely recommend her if you are looking for a new doctor.
Took me right in ahead of schedule, and Dr. Ghafari is great about starting on time (a pet peeve of mine which I have no issues with here). Very professional and efficient experience. Great seat-side manner. Great experience all around!
Dr. Ghafari did a 6-month check and cleaned my teeth. It was a pleasant experience. I was seen at the time of my appointment. I am planning to return in 6 months to continue receiving excellent dental care in her practice.
When its hard to feel at ease with a Dentist, Dr. Ghafari gives you all the comfort and ease when you are seating at her chair. She has been my family and personal dentist for past 15 years and I could have not been happier to have known her. Strongly recommended to anyone looking for new Dentist in town or thinking about chaining their current Dentist.
She has done a lot of repairs, and always does a great job. She helped me get a gum graft, which worked very well. I highly recommend her.
Very good people skills.
always have good appointments. very friendly and does very good work
I had a nice experience and Dr. Ghafari took her time to clean my teeth. The staff is friendly.
Dr. Chitra provides a clam, safe and clean environment in her office. She is very courteous and kind, and explains the entire procedure prior to start. I have never felt very comfortable at dentists, but Dr Chitra makes it feel like a walk in the park. I assure you that you will be in good hands ant this dentistry.
Always a great experience. Very caring dentist
Fantastic. To the point. Qualified and trustworthy.
Dr. Ghafari is always welcoming with a warm smile and manner. She employs all the latest technology and techniques to give the best quality service. Her office is centrally located, bright, and streamlined. She is by far the best dentist we have been to. Recently moved to Virginia and travel back to Gaithersburg, she is that good.
Doctor Ghafari is always very patient and listens to my concerns and answers my questions. Every time I see her, whether it's for cleaning for other treatment, she works efficiently and always makes sure I am comfortable. She makes the experience of visiting a dentist no longer scary and actually pleasant for me!
So, I'm one of those people that have to spend a lot of time with dentists. I was born with no enamel on any of my teeth, so over the years I've been in many dentists chairs, and I've learned to tell who the keepers are. Dr. Ghafari is keeper. She excels at communicating with her patients, and making the best of a situation when people come to her in pain, etc. She has a very clean office, an good staff, and the latest equipment. Additionally, she will not hesitate ...
Dr. Ghafari's skill and experience inspire great confidence which makes my dental appointments very comfortable. She never rushes through my appointments and gives me her full attention when I have questions regarding care and treatment. Dr. Ghafari is a serious professional with a great sense of humor; something I appreciate very much.
I have been very pleased with her work and professionalism
She is very patient axplains what needs to be done and the coast.
Dr. Ghafari has been great for our family. Our daughter was the first patient and after meeting Dr. Ghafari, I decided to schedule an appointment for myself. I was pleased and suggested my husband transfer to her. He eventually did and we are all happy
Very caring and kind Great Dentist
i am definantly coming back. i always come to dr. ghafari because she helps me get what i need done. its always quick and easy with great service. i am satisfied with her permantly being my dentist :)
Dr. Ghafari is really nice, calming, and does a good job. I'd recommend her to anybody.
Dr. Chitra was very helpful 12 years ago when i had a tooth infection. She was very kind and professional and helped me out a lot, while other doctors just wanted my money. And that's why 12 years later there was only one dentist I would go see. Also communication is very good.
First rate provider
the whole family is with Dr Ghafari for over 5 years now. she is a very caring honest and dedicated dentist. I highly recommend her.
Dr. Ghafari has always been willing to go out of her way to assist me with my dental problems.
At most offices you are lucky to see the dentist for 5 minutes, tops. At this office, the dentist is with you for 100% of the visit, even during cleanings!
Dr. Ghafari is very knowledgable and up-to-date in her field. She is really caring and her office is very modern and nice. My experience is always positive in her office for the past five years. Strongly recommended.
I complete trust Dr. Ghafari and am always at ease.
dr. ghafari has always provided a high level of care
I have always loved coming to Dr. Ghafari. She is knowledgeable, sweet, and honest.
I have been with Dr. Ghafari for >5 yrs. She is patient and knowledgeable. She provides anesthetic when cleaning due to sensitivity in some areas.
very positive - explains what she is doing, any issues and options for addressing, very friendly
detailed and caring. each visit is a pleasant experiecne
a jem at saving my teeth
she is the best doctor
Always a great experience and attentive to my needs and concerns.
Have you seen Dr. Chitra Ghafari, DDS?

Visit Dr. Ghafari

Dr. Ghafari accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Ameritas
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA