Dr. Cheryl Lee, DDS

Dr. Cheryl Lee, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female

Dr. Cheryl Lee, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 33 years. She practices dentistry.Read her story

Cheryl Y. Lee, DDS, PC

1010 Quincy St NE

Washington, DC 20017

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "t is my strongest desire to create teeth with which to chew effectively and to smile. Creating a mouth that allows a patient to chew, a mouth that is disease- and pain-free, and the ability to give patients their smiles back is what excites me the most. When I accomplish these three things, then I have done my best. I have an incredible and very dedicated team that works with me. They are the backbone of this practice. From the moment the patient calls, the staff is encouraged to make them feel comfortable and at home. They are made to feel like a part of our dental family. In actuality, they are a part of our family, for without our loyal patients, there would be no us. We want all of our patients to have a pleasant experience. When a patient is treated in the office, it is our goal to make them feel special, not rushed, and to feel that we are all here to address their oral health needs. I may be the head of the team, but my team is just an extension of me. Education and Continuing Education All of my life, from the age of four years, I knew that I wanted to help people. My father, Dr. E. Preston Lee, was a dentist. I chose to follow in his footsteps during my junior year in college, and am so happy that I did. I am a proud product of the DC Public School System. I attended Shepherd Elementary, Paul Jr. High, and graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School. I obtained my Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from Clark Atlanta University in 1978, and my Doctorate of Dental Surgery from the Howard University College of Dentistry in 1983. I also completed the Pediatric Residency program at Howard University College of Dentistry in 1985. Over the years, I have taken hundreds of hours of continuing education courses to not only improve my skills and technique, but to bring the most up-to-date treatment options to my patients. I am currently studying techniques for less traumatic extractions, raising sinuses for patients who otherwise would not be good candidates for implants, and preserving the bone after extractions. I have enjoyed learning new techniques to save patients teeth that have gum disease with procedures that do not require shots. How cool is that? In the near future, my plan is to become certified in the science of raw nutrition and become a coach in integrative nutrition. This is not just for my patients, but for me as well. Professional Affiliations National Dental Association, House of Delegates Robert T. Freeman Dental Society, Vice President Howard University College of Dentistry Alumni Association, Secretary American Orthodontic Society Outside the Office I now reside in Upper Marlboro, Maryland, and have lived there for the last five years. I have an awesome family. My husband, Michael (Ahkibah), and daughters, Kiersten and Ahneenah, are true blessings from the Lord. When I am not working, you can usually find me in my kitchen creating gourmet meals to serve my family and guests, scrapbooking, or reading a good book. I teach vegan cooking classes in my spare time; my goal is to publish my own cookbook someday. Traveling and making sure I pamper myself every so often are my favorite ways to spend time away from work. In the Community I am a member of the African Hebrew Israelite Community based in Dimona, Israel, and an active member in the Washington, DC Jurisdiction. I built a dental clinic in Dimona to treat other members of the community there, and travel to Israel as often as I can. The community has been instrumental in drilling fresh water well to several villages in Ghana and Kenya. We educate the various populations on the importance of exercise, organic farming, and living a healthy lifestyle. Closer to home, I am a member of the Drifters, Inc. It is a social organization committed to community service projects. Since joining, we donated complete dinner baskets to needy families during the holidays, supported the Avery House (a facility for homeless women and children), and assisted the homeless ministry in making sandwiches and snack bags that are distributed to the homeless on a weekly basis. I am also an active member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and a member of the newly formed non-profit organization, GWOW (Global Women on Wellness.) I look forward to doing great things with this organization."

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "Dr. Lee and our staff care about you and your dental needs. We work as a team to provide personalized and thorough treatment to achieve comprehensive dental wellness. We are highly skilled and trained in several areas of dentistry including preventive and general dentistry, periodontics (gum disease), root canals, and cosmetic dentistry. We also provide pediatric orthodontic care for a straight, beautiful smile.

We love to see you smile, and that is why we provide the latest in dentistry and smile rejuvenation including teeth whitening, tooth-colored fillings, Lumineers®, and CEREC® single-visit crowns. Our office is equipped with innovative technology such as digital X-rays and intraoral cameras for more accurate diagnoses and efficient treatment."

1  Practice Areas

• Stained Teeth
  • Teething
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• Clark Atlanta University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1978
  • Howard University / College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Howard University / College Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985

Dr. Lee has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lee

4.4

Dr. Lee?
Dr. Lee's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Lee?