Endodontics  |
Dr. Charles Clarke, DDS
Dr Clarke graduated from Dental School at age 22 and has been in Practice for over 30 years. His office in South County has been in the same location for over 20 years. He has successfully performed tens of thousands of Root Canals and Surgeries. He is a Father of 3 (2 boys and 1 daughter), and is almost an empty nester :)

4121 Union Rd Ste 215

Saint Louis, MO 63129

• CompBenefits Corp.
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Clarke

My philosophy of care is quite simple. I try to make each patient realize they are actually normal for not wanting to be in my office :) I explain that it is my top priority to make sure that they are ABSOLUTELY numb prior to the procedure. I use the latest technology in order to obtain a superior result in as little time as possible.

• Endodontics

• Abscess
  • Infected Tooth Pulp

• Apicoectomy
  • Cone Beam 3D Imaging
  • Cone Beam Computerized Tomography (CBCT)
  • Endodontic Retreatment
  • Endodontic Surgery
  • Endodontic Treatment
  • Microscope-Aided Endodontic Treatment
  • Molar Endodontics
  • Root Canal
  • Rotary Endodontics

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• University Of Toronto
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • University Of Toronto / Faculty Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • Oregon Health & Science University / School Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Endodontist
    Other Education | Completed 1989

Dr. Clarke has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Clarke has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Clarke does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Clarke and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Clarke's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Clarke to family and friends
Dr. Clarke Says:

I appreciate patients taking the time from their hectic lives to leave us a note how we have performed. We honestly try to make each appointment as painless and  pleasant as possible. It is quite fulfilling reading the reviews and realizing our efforts are appreciated.

Dr. Clarke's Performance
in St Louis, MO |
From start to finish, Dr. Clarke and his team are simply the best.
in Waterloo, IL |
Dr. Clarke and his staff were excellent! No pain and very up to date on technology related to the root canal. Most pleasant dental experience I have ever had and would highly recommend Dr. Clarke to anyone needing a root canal.
in Columbia, IL |
The best dental experience I have encountered! Everyone was very welcoming and professional. My experience was quick and pain free! Loved. Dr. Clarke!! And his staff!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr Clarke, Sophia and the office staff were wonderful! They made getting a root canal much less scary and more comfortable. From start to finish they take care of you. I especially liked being able to watch old episodes of Friends with headphones to drown out the noises!
in Arnold, MO |
The staff and Dr. Clarke are very friendly, Kind and caring I have had many procedures (root canals) over the years 3 with Dr. Clarke I would recommend him to anyone I consider him to be the best
in Fredericktown, MO |
I had a root canal today, it was the first time in 56 years that I have not felt pain with a dental procedure. Not only did I not feel pain, but no discomfort. ZERO pain!!! I have neglected dental care previously because of the horrendous pain I have experienced in the past. I have used nitrous and this didn't help. I had to be put out, completely out to even have a simple filing. Dr. Clarke has been a God Send. I highly recommend Dr. Clarke !!!!!
in Imperial, MO |
Dr.Clarke was very professional and eased all of my fears going into my procedure. He was kind, caring and very thorough. I will recommend him to anyone I know needing an Endodontist. The staff was extremely friendly as well and made me feel very comfortable. Thank you Dr. Clarke!
St Louis, MO |
Friendly, kind, and thorough describe Dr. Clarke and all of his staff. Very organized, and helpful with anxiety. No pain. Wearing comfy headphones to hear the audio of the Friends episodes I was watching was a pleasant distraction during the procedure. Most importantly I believe Dr. Clarke is offering top notch care medically. Sophia (assistant) was great! I'm so glad my dentist recommended Dr. Clarke.
in St Louis, MO |
I just got home from an appt. with Dr. Clarke. He was very personable and made my experience to have an unpleasant procedure as good as it could be. The anasthesia method that he used made the root canal painless. I would return for any future procedures if needed without any hesitation.
in St Louis, MO |
It was the easiest dental visit ever. The staff was amazing. The use of the latest technology made getting a root canal quick and painless.
Arnold, MO |
Everyone at the office is great, from the front office people, assistant, to the doctor. I have had to go there for two root canals fairly close to each other and both times they were awesome.
in St.Louis,Mo. |
I was very pleased, to say the least,of Dr. Clarke's explanation of my problem with a pre-existing root canal. In all the years I've been to a dentist,this is the first time I've had a pain free experince. I would recommend Dr. Clarke to any one.
Crystal City, MO |
Caring and professional from the initial phone call and all through the process. I would definitely go back and recommend Dr. Clarke to everyone.
in Saint Louis, MO |
I had my root canal performed by Dr. Clarke in April 2017. He did an excellent job. It’s the best root canal I’ve ever had. I had a root canal a few years ago and the disposition of the Endodontist left much to be desired. I was a bit apprehensive when I first met Dr. Clarke because of that experience, but his expertise and his professionalism put me at ease. Thank you Dr. Clarke for excellent service!
in Arnold, MO |
Dr. Clarke and his staff were successful in making my visit comfortable and pain-free. I appreciated the doctor explaining the procedure to me.
in St Louis, MO |
Even though this was my second root canal performed by Dr Clarke in a short period of time,he explained everything to me before beginning the procedure and as he was performing the root canal. Dr Clarke's staff was fabulous!
in Oakville, MO |
Dr. Clarke was outstanding as was the rest of the staff. I have to admit that I was a little apprehensive going into the procedure but they do a great job of making you feel better and there was zero pain throughout the entire process including the initial local shot. I would recommend Dr. Clarke to anyone that needs a root canal and tell them not to worry about the procedure at all.
in St Louis, MO |
I saw Dr. Clarke yesterday as an emergency patient. They got me in on one days notice. His staff is very friendly and considering I am somewhat phobic about dentistry, I felt at ease. Dr. Clarke and his assistant were professional, precise and explained the procedure step by step. The entire root canal was finished in about 45 minutes! I would (and will) highly recommend this practice to anyone needing endodonic treatment. Thank you for making this such a pleasant experience! Terri Young
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Clarke has done several root canals for me. He is very friendly and always explains what he is doing and why. Was totally numbed and no pain at all. Several other members of my family have had work done by him and they all agree. Would recommend him to anyone.
in St Louis, MO |
ROOT-CANAL, are two words that strike fear in every normal human being. I was no exception. I had my first encounter with Dr. Clarke over 3 years ago and came away with my first root canal procedure with a totally different perspective all because of Dr. Clarke and his great staff. The preparation, the actual procedure and the follow up were without a doubt the opposite of what I always heard about. His state of the art office made me a believer in how easy and painless a root canal can be.
in St Louis, MO |
I've had multiple root canals here; this is the place to go. The staff is kind, which puts me at ease; Dr. Clarke is patient and communicative, which gives me confidence in the procedure; he always explains what's going on and what to expect. I always leave satisfied with my treatment.
Festus, MO |
As a health care professional, I am fully aware of how competently and kindly I was treated, from the moment I called the office for an appointment through the procedure and leaving the office the next morning. Thank you SO much!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Clarke saved my molar. He nailed the root canal in all three nerve roots when the dentist said the tooth was probably not salvageable. He has extremely precise, microscopic instruments that allow him to do super delicate, very precise work your average dentist can't touch. Another Endodontist charged me $1400 for the same work Dr. Clarke charged under $800 for. This guy is an Endodontal God! And he had a cool blue paisley shirt!! LOL. Really, he is awesome!
St Louis, MO |
I have been to several dental offices in my life and I have to say that Dr. Clarke and his assistants are the best I have even been to. They took very good care of me and explained everything that was being done.
in Barnhart, Mo |
I have gone to Dr. Clark on two occasions about 5 years apart. He was excellent both times. He is friendly and caring and makes sure not to cause pain. His staff is very friendly as well. I am very happy with both of my experiences.
Fenton, MO |
Great place to go. Helpful office staff and dentist.
in Dittmer, MO |
If you need a root canal go see this guy.
in Fenton, MO |
Had an urgent visit with Dr. Clarke. My dentist staff was able to call after 2:00 in the afternoon and they got me an appointment for 3:30. The staff was wonderful & very professional. I cannot say enough positive about Dr. Clarke. He explained EVERYTHING to me while showing me on the CT Scan. Great chairside manners. He even explained what he was going to do with each step during my root canal. A great sense of humor. Down to earth. Made me feel very comfortable, and shots didn't hurt at all.
Festus, MO |
Absolutely no pain! It was a relaxed experience. Dr. Clarke is personable and the procedure went quickly.
in St Louis, MO |
Made me feel relaxed as one can be having a root canal .. also explained everything and let me know how much longer it would take..
in St Louis, MO |
Dr Clarke and his staff are so pleasant. They made a root canal experience with a very high anxiety dental patient great. Although I thought the waiting room music was too loud and not relaxing and the atmosphere while waiting felt a bit harsh adding to my fear. However, once in the office, everything was great, peaceful and comfortable. I highly recommend the nitrous. The constant calm reassurance from Dr Clarke and his assistant, along with the nitrous was enough for me to give them an A plus!
Kansas City, MO |
Dr. Clarke did a really great job of making me comfortable and fixing my tooth. I would definitely recommend him.
St Louis, MO |
Dr. Clarke and his staff were fantastic. They were able to fit me in immediately to get an old root canal repaired. His team was efficient and incredibly nice to work with. As someone from out of town who needed an emergency root canal, I really appreciate how smoothly my procedure went! I would recommend them to anyone!
in DeSoto, MO |
Dr. Clarke did an excellent job on my root canal problem. His entire staff was very friendly and courteous and helped put me at ease. Dr. Clarke explained each step and made every effort to relieve my pain and helped with my apprehension. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a root canal.
in Imperial |
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Clarke and his staff. I had my second root canal here in as many months yesterday. I've had about 6 root canals in my life. The first 4 were horrible, taking 2 visits and hours during each with so much pain involved. At Dr. Clarke's office, it is done in ONE visit, there is no pain and it's over in less than an hour. The staff is helpful, courteous, professional and has a great sense of humor. I can't say enough about these folks, they rock!
quick, easy and painless
St Louis, MO |
Highly recommend Dr Clarke!! I was able to get an appointment the same day. Did a great job, no pain and very fast.
in Fenton, MO |
I was referred to Dr Clarke for my first and hopefully last root canal by my dentist. I have great confidence in my dentist and he said Dr Clarke has treated him and it was painless. I then heard lots of horror stories about root canals in general. Obviously none of these people went to Dr Clarke. Everyone was very friendly and professional. Dr Clarke explained the procedure and besides a necessary shot in the infected area it was rather painless.
in Fenton, mo |
Just finished a root canal retreat (original Completed at a different Endo) Dr Clarke's staff was very pleasant and comforting. Doc was great he explained what was going to happen before starting and then told me as it was being done. I didn't feel a thing. Still numb but sure all will be good. Unfortunately I may need another root canal, but at least I know it will be done right. I'm glad Aaron Schertzer at Advanced Dental Arts sent me there. Thx Docs
St. Louis, MO |
Due to previous root canal experiences with other doctors, I was nervous for my root canal with Dr. Clarke. I didn't need to be! He and his team explained every part of the procedure as they were doing it. I had absolutely no pain. I especially enjoyed watching a movie as I was undergoing the root canal. Best dental experience I've ever had!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Clarke and his staff are just great. From the time you walk in the door until the time you leave you are treated with the utmost respect and courtesy. Everyone is well trained, very professional and very good at their jobs. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing Endodontics.
in Arnold, MO |
Needed to have an emergency root canal to be done along with it being my first one ever. (Keep in mind, anything having to do with dental work makes me cringe and is my biggest fear) Dr. Clarke along with nursing staff got me in for an appt asap and were the absolute best. I've always heard root canals are so awful but I had no pain whatsoever, during or after. Definitely the best place to go to!!
Saint Louis, MO |
Dr. Clarke and staff were very friendly. This was a first root canal for me so I was very nervous. I enjoyed how Dr. Clarke told me what he was doing and the purpose of him doing each step. I had no issues and very little pain (nothing Tylenol couldn't handle). I am also pregnant and they work with my doctor to make sure any prescribed medications/treatments were approved before performing.
St Louis, MO |
This is as good as a root canal gets. Pleasant, painless and professional!
in St Louis, MO |
My 1st Root Canal, was a great experience. He did explain everything to me while doing the procedure. Pain was 2 on a scale of 1-10 with 10 worst.
Arnold, MO |
Friendly, fast and efficient. The staff are attentive and Dr. Clarke is extremely competent. I would recommend Dr Clarke to anyone needing a root canal.
in St Louis, MO |
The only prior root canal was years ago and painful from start to finish--4 weeks in 'stages' of work. Hating to go through this again, I was amazed at seeing the doctor at 1:45 and the dental procedure finished by 2:30 pm. No pain, no staring into a bright light that brought on a migraine headache--just a massaging, relaxing lounge chair and watching "Friends" on a screen above me, complete with earphones so I didn't even hear the drill (which sets my teeth on edge). I recommend him with A+.
in St Louis, MO |
For a first time root canal, surprisingly very lol discomfort! Dr. Clark answered every question and kept me calm by talking me through the process! I highly recommend!!!
St Louis, MO |
Dr. Clarke and staff provided me with an excellent service. He has the right tools at hand to make it pain free experience. If you are apprehensive about root canals don't wait. It's not nearly as bad as you might think. Thanks again to Dr. Clarke and his friendly staff!
in Farmington, Mo.St Louis, MO |
My treatment and service was EXCELLENT: No PAIN.
Have you seen Dr. Charles Clarke, DDS?

Visit Dr. Clarke