Dr. Catherine Smith, DMD

Dr. Catherine Smith, DMD

Orthodontics  |
Insurances Accepted

I come from a long line of dentists and was the seventh-generation in my family to graduate from Washington University. I started in the dental field when I was 12, helping my father in his practice. Then I became a dental assistant and finally a dentist. One could say it's genetics that brought me into dentistry. I was a Marine Biologist before dental school, but when finding work became difficult, I went with what I knew and loved…teeth. I have no doubt I made the right decision in becoming an orthodontist. I enjoy working with patients of all ages, but especially with the children in our practice. I love children and love to see them develop great smiles and healthy jaw joints. It thrills me to watch their faces light up when they can close their mouths properly, breathe better, and fully enjoy their lives. Seeing a child smile and laugh, comfortably and with confidence, and knowing I made that happen, is fulfilling. I love practicing orthodontics with my husband, Dr. Michael Papademetriou. We discuss each patient's treatment together and enjoy creating smiles that truly change lives.

Desert Ridge Orthodontics

20950 N Tatum Blvd Ste 370

Phoenix, AZ 85050

Learn about Dr. Smith

At Desert Ridge Orthodontics, Dr. Michael Papademetriou and Dr Catherine Smith work hard to treat our patients the same way we would like to be treated: with respect, professionalism, and sensitivity toward our needs. We understand the expectations of the patients and families we serve, and we do everything we can to make sure that each patient has an exceptional experience at our practice.

We are commited to providing the very best personal care and quality to all the patients. Our staff is very warm, inviting and caring. Being a very experienced clinician and at the same time an orthodontic educator (Clinical Director of Postgraduate Orthodontic Progran at A.T.Still University), it reinforces my belief that continuing education is very important in keeping up with the advances in our profession and in providing the best care for our patients. We both practice evidence based orthodontics and attend several times more continuing education than required by the State Board.

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Retainer Therapy
  • Retainers
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

• Santa Clara University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Humboldt State University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Washington University / College Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Smith has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Smith has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Smith does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Smith and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Smith to family and friends
based on 6 total reviews
Dr. Smith's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Catherine Smith, DMD?

More Orthodontics Specialists at Desert Ridge Orthodontics