Dr. Carrie McDougal, DDS

Dr. Carrie McDougal, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female

Dr. Carrie McDougal, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Kalamazoo, MI and has been practicing for 13 years. She practices dentistry.Read her story

Fichter McDougal, PLLC

1206 Gull Rd

Kalamazoo, MI 49048

• AARP
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. McDougal

Dr. McDougal's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McDougal "It is a pleasure and an honor to help my patients with their dental and aesthetic needs and concerns. I chose the dental field because I wanted to be able to help people improve their quality of life, as well as develop positive long-term relationships with them through helping them to do so. Dentistry is one of the few professions where you are able to care for a patient regularly throughout the year. Seeing family members such as husbands, wives, kids, grandkids and parents allows me to get to know each person more thoroughly by becoming more familiar with their lives, which is incredibly gratifying. EDUCATION I obtained both my Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Dental Surgery degrees at the University of Detroit Mercy, graduating in 2005. I regularly participate in local continuing education that is given in various areas of Michigan and Chicago, mainly through the local or state dental organizations. I also participate in a study group that meets in Chicago throughout the year. It is a part of our office’s belief that if we fail to improve, we become complacent. It is an obligation to our patients and profession to continually refresh our knowledge by staying current with the latest techniques and practices in the dental field. Associations Through participation in the following associations, I am also able to stay on the leading edge of what is happening in dentistry: American Dental Association Academy of General Dentistry American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry Michigan Dental Association Kalamazoo District Dental Society Russell W. Bunting Periodontal Society Spear Education Dr. Fichter and Dr. McDougal sponsor: Kalamazoo in Bloom The Brianna Lee Foundation Women At Risk International Loaves and Fishes Positions and Awards I am very active in the local dental society, which I’ve participated in since 2006, enjoying various committee and chair positions. During this time I have been honored with two awards: the President’s Award in 2008 and the Daniel J. Ganz Award in 2010. My most recent position has been the President of the Kalamazoo District Society for the 2011-2012 year. The Michigan Dental Association recently honored me with the 2012 Matt Uday New Dentist Leadership Award. Something Personal I grew up in Novi, Michigan and have lived in Portage since 2005. I have been married since 2005 and keep busy trying to keep up with my young sons and whippet dogs, Zoe and Chase. I enjoy reading, cooking, gardening, spending time with family and scrapbooking."

This content was provided by Dr. McDougal "At Fichter McDougal, PLLC, Dr. Maura Fichter and Dr. Carrie McDougal offer cosmetic and family dentistry for children, teens, and adults in the Kalamazoo, Portage, and Richland/Plainwell, MI (Michigan) areas. Since opening our doors in 1991, we have been deepening our relationship with the community, helping to bring bright and healthy smiles to our patients with consistent success."

1  Practice Areas

• Stained Teeth
  • Teething
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Demineralization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Detroit Mercy
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Detroit Mercy
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. McDougal has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. McDougal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McDougal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McDougal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McDougal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McDougal to family and friends
56 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. McDougal's Performance

Dr. McDougal took wonderful care of my grandma. She was able to help expedite treatment and was thoughtful, kind and considerate. Highly recommend!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0