Dr. Carl Johnson, DDS

Dr. Carl Johnson, DDS

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

I value every patient and strive to address every individual need and concern. To me, valuing your patients means taking a personalized approach to patient care. From their first consultation and understanding their specific condition and goals, to working with them to create a personalized treatment plan, to post-surgery recovery and beyond, I treat my patients with the respect and care they deserve to achieve the best possible experience for them.

Dr. Carl Johnson grew up in a small mining town in Nevada. He didn't always know that he wanted to be an oral surgeon; rather, he discovered his interest in dentistry while he was studying for his undergraduate degree. While working for a professor in an embryology lab with his cousin, Dr. Carl realized that he wanted a career in a field that could help people. This work, combined with the inspiration from his father being an orthodontist, led Dr. Carl to go to dental school.

When he first started dental school, Dr. Carl had no intentions of specializing in oral surgery. After a couple of years of education and training, however, he realized oral and maxillofacial surgery appealed to him. He was interested in providing patients with more comprehensive care than he could give them as a dentist. As an oral surgeon, he strives to treat patients with respect and care using the most efficient tools for an accurate diagnosis and efficient treatment. He finds it extremely gratifying to provide patients who are in pain with solutions that have them leaving the practice with a functional new smile.

Dr. Johnson's Experience

See how Dr. Johnson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Johnson

Dr. Johnson accepts 9 insurance carriers

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
Dr. Johnson's Performance
in Federal way, WA |
My experience have just been wonderful. Doctor Carl has got to be the nicest doctor I have ever met. He and his staff are profession, kind, and know what they are doing.
in Federal way, WA |
I had such a great experience. I was really scared when I first came in but doctor Johnson and his staff just went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The best part was, my surgery was way easier that I thought it was going to be.
in Maple Valley, WA |
wonderful experience. Everybody was professional, pleasant, polite, and answered all my questions knowledgeable. I've already recommend some people.
in Federal Way |
It was really fast and easy for my first surgery ever.
in Covington, WA |
Dr. Johnson always does great work. That's why I keep coming back!
Your kind words have made our day! Thank you for being such a wonderful patient.
in Renton, WA |
It was an overall good experience.
It means the world to us that you had a great experience. Thank you for the review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Renton, WA |
I had my wisdom teeth removed and Dr. Johnson did a great job. Pain and swelling was fairly minimal and the staff were all nice.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please tell your friends and family!
in Federal Way |
I had a tooth extracted last week and the staff here has taken great care of me. The procedure was fast and easy.
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
in federal way, wa |
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Johnson and his entire staff. Everything went smoothly from my first visit all the way up to the end. Everyone was just friendly and every single step was explained to me in great detail.
in Buckley, WA |
Dr. Carl and his staff extracted a tooth for me last week. They were very friendly and I felt like they really took care of me. I would recommend them to all my friends and family needing tooth extractions. I look forward to coming back for my implant in the future.
in Sumner, WA |
It was a very nice office and great staff.
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
in Seattle, WA |
Dr Johnson removed a tooth #15 as if it was nothing. Took all of 15 minutes more or less. He made it easy and as much less pain. Very warm and friendly.
in Seattle, WA |
Overall a great experience, doctors & staff are great!
in Buckley, WA |
I have had a great experience. I was well taken care of by both the doctor and the assistants.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
Dr. Carl did a great job on my extraction. All the staff were nice and very helpful.
in Auburn, WA |
My experience has been wonderful from start to finish. The doctor and staff has been very engaging and informative.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We truly appreciate the kind words. Please tell your friends and family!
in Seattle, WA |
Worked well with my schedule, great experience. I would recommend to friends & family.
Thank you! We appreciate the recommendation and we would be happy to assist you and your friends and family in the future. Please tell your friends and family!
in Maple Valley, WA |
It was a great experience. No complaints.
All the staff had such great attitudes. They were all very nice and polite. The wait time was very short which is a plus.
in Buckley, WA |
Dr. Carl was amazing getting me in quickly. All the girls were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this office.
Thank you for recommending our practice. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
in Tacoma, WA |
I had my wisdom teeth removed, woke up and it was all done! Super easy!
We are pleased to hear that your procedure went well. Thank you for the 5-star review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Sumner, WA |
You guys were friendly and it was quick and easy
in Auburn, WA |
I had an implant by Dr. Carl and he does great work.
in Sumner, WA |
I have been coming back to Dr. Carl with all my children and now myself because he is that wonderful!
Thank you for the 5-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing us.
good service and very nice people
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Sumner, WA |
Real comfortable and relaxing experience. Friendly staff. Dr. Carl is very giving and a great doctor. I would recommend this office to my friends and family for any oral surgery needs.
in Auburn |
Doctor was proficient and accurate.
Sumner, WA |
Everything went really smoothly and I felt comfortable
in Kent, WA |
My daughter had an extraction and it was very straight forward and painless. I would recommend this office.
Renton, WA |
Everyone was nice and answered all questions.
in Kirkland, WA |
Very professional and great staff.
in New Castle, WA |
Doctor was nice, surgery was easy!
in Renton, WA |
I would recommend this office for any of you oral surgery needs.
in Kent, WA |
I was really nervous at first but after having my wisdom teeth pulled, I can say I had a very smooth experience. It was so fast, and I have had little to know pain or discomfort since my surgery.
in Renton, WA |
I was expecting the procedure and recovery to be worst than it was! Very easy and painless.
in Kent, WA |
Dr. Carl Johnson is a great guy and good at what he does.
in Renton, WA |
I've been seeing Dr. Johnson for 15 years now and its always a great place to be. Always takes good care of me, takes their time, and both Crystal and Krystal were very professional.
in Kent, WA |
It was easy, straight forward, and they made me feel comfortable.
in Renton, WA |
Dr. Johnson extracted my wisdom tooth. I had a great experience and would recommend him to anyone needing teeth extracted. I was able to get in quickly, never had to wait, and the staff are so friendly.
in Auburn WA |
Very good practice techniques.
Seattle, WA |
We were very pleased with Dr Johnson and his staff. He's very personable and knowledgeable.
in Seattle, WA |
Staff brings you back right away! There is little to no waiting time. Doctor is also on time and really listens to your concerns.
in Kent, WA |
Dr. Carl is very good. He makes me feel comfortable. I get so nervous but when he is the one to pull my tooth I feel so comfortable. He makes the whole experience very smooth.
Buckley, WA |
totally painless
in Seattle, WA |
I had an emergency tooth ache. Dr. Johnson got me in right away. It was quick, easy, and the entire staff made me comfortable!
We are glad we were able to fit you into the schedule. We do our very best to accommodate patients' needs. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and leaving us a review.
in Snohomish, WA |
Very good experience
in Tacoma, WA |
My overall experience was great. Things went smoothly and the staff was great. I would recommend Dr. Johnson to anyone who is looking to have any work completed.
Edgewood, wa |
Highly skilled Oral surgeon! I am so impressed by his knowledge and attention to detail. He is to of his field!
Seattle, WA |
Excellent attention to detail. Dr. Carl did a fantastic job.
in Seattle, WA |
Everyone here has been great.
Have you seen Dr. Carl Johnson, DDS?

Compare Dr. Johnson

}

Dr. Johnson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Johnson says...

Following dental school, Dr. Carl left the west coast to complete his Oral and Maxillofacial residency at Sinai Hospital of Detroit in Michigan. During his residency, Dr. Carl gained invaluable hands-on surgical experience treating a wide variety of oral and facial conditions. He trained alongside licensed professionals, including anesthesiologists, to allow him to provide the highest level of treatment and anesthesia to patients.

Dr. Johnson says...

Dr. Carl attended Brigham Young University and graduated in 1982 with a bachelor's degree in Zoology. He continued to the University of Nebraska College of Dentistry, where he graduated with honors in 1986 with his Doctorate of Dental Surgery (DDS).

Dr. Johnson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Abscess
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Geographic Tongue
  • Gingival Fibrosis
  • Gingivitis
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
  • Halitosis