Dr. Camilo Achury, DDS

Dr. Camilo Achury, DDS

Dentistry  |

Dr. Achury's patients receive comprehensive and advanced dental care, with a caring atmosphere and dedication to patients in multiple languages.

Vanguard Dental

• Travelers
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Achury

Patient Testimonials

Five words to describe the results: Perfect fit, feel, comfort & performance! Four words to express my happiness: I can smile again! Three words to express my satisfaction: Love My Teeth! Two words to describe Vanguard: The Best! One word to conclude: Elated! Vanguard's staff are professional, friendly and meticulous.
I have used a number of dentists throughout the years and was never happy with the service or experience. This has come to an end with Dr. Achury and Dr. Puerta. They are both highly skilled dentists that truly care for their patients. I always know I'm in good hands with them regardless of the procedure. When I had an emergency last month, they stepped up and corrected the problem early the next day. I was back in public and able to smile without anyone ever aware of the problem. Thanks again for allowing me to smile confidently.
Dr, Achury is the best! He always makes me feel so comfortable. He tells me in detail what he is going and why,He even show me. He is always happy and pleasure to be around. The receptionist,Karen, She us such a sweetheart! he is always smiling,happy and pleasant. Great group of people. Jenny Araujo

Dr. Achury graduated from Georgetown University in 1988. Prior to studying at Dental School, he attended St John's University, where he earned a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. Dr. Achury has been practicing for over 19 years. He has been in his current location for 23 years. Since he began practicing dentistry, Dr. Achury has kept up to date on many continuing educational classes, ensuring that his patients receive the most comprehensive and advanced dental care.    As a part of his yearly routine he attends classes at the Pankey Institute, attends regularly the Spanish American Medical and Dental Society's Congress has taken numerous courses in Implant restorations, as well as all of the other dental specialties.    Dr. Achury is Colombian born and is fluent in Spanish and English, and communites well in Portuguese. Dr. Achury is active in the dental community, as an active member and former director of Queens County Dental Society. He is also a past president and member of the board of the Dental Committee of the Spanish American Medical and Dental Society.  He is also a mamber of the New York State Dental Association.    Nationally, Dr. Achury is also member of the ADA, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, and is currently preparing to take the Fellowship exam.

• Chipped Tooth

• Porcelain Veneers
  • Restoration of Dental Implants
  • Root Canal
  • Teeth Whitening

No malpractice history found for New York.

• St. John's University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1984
  • Georgetown University Dental School
    Medical School | Graduated 1988

Dr. Achury has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Achury has no media or publications listed.

• Portuguese

Dr. Achury does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Achury and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Achury's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Achury to family and friends
Dr. Achury's Performance
I came during an emergency visit, and he was able to fit me into his busy schedule. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Achury and trust him.
I have been coming here for years. I do not regret my decision to come and consult with Dr Achury many years ago. My experience with him has always been very satisfactory and I love coming twice a year. Excellent dental work! I recommend him to everyone who is looking for excellent dental work.
excelente
Thanks to everyone for the assistance and help I received from all of you. I don't have words to express how happy I am. Wish I can leave here so this will be my place and my home for the dental service
Excellent doctor and friendly staff, strongly recommend them..
For someone who doesn't look forward to going to the dentist...I can say that the service and attention is amazing. He makes me feel very comfortable and explains everything as he goes. I've recommended my whole family to switch over.
He has been my dentist for 18 years and he has been my daughter's dentist for 6 years. I have never had a problem with him. Him and his assistants are dedicated to helping their patients.
x-rays and cleaning
Dr, Achury us a great professional and great human being. He is really gentle and honest. He always take good care of my cleaning and other dental needs to make me look good. For my husband and my daughter Dr. Achury is one of the best dentist . He is the only dentist we'er trust !!! His staff are so welcoming every time we visit.
Exellent ! Would recommend without doubts !!!
He is the best dentist in the world. My life changed so much after I had my new "smile" it did wonders to my personality. Love him
Dr Achury does good work can be more patient
Dr Camilo was very friendly and very thorough. He went over every detail and made me comfortable from the beginning. I am very happy and will be coming back. Maybe the best dentist I have had so far. Thank you.
wonderful Doctor, amazing staff , the best place to be when you have to go to the dentist.
I will definitely recommend this place to friends very professional staff and the dentis, very happy with the work they have done to me.
I am very happy with my visit. We created a game plan to get my teeth in better shape. Very informative as well. Will be coming back soon.
Excelente doctor
very happy with the treatment and the work that the Dr Achury has been done, definitely recommend
excelente profissional.
very professional and clear explanation of treatment
Excellet service . I am a long time patient of doctor Achuy
El Dr Achury es el mejor dentista que hay. El paciente es tratado con respeto y con profesionalidad
I have been a patient of Dr. Achury for over a decade. When I moved out of Jackson Heights, I was disappointed to lose him as a dentist. Now that I have moved back to the neighborhood, I am thrilled to call him my dentist once again. Dr. Achury is very professional, explains the diagnosis clearly and also is detailed with how he will treat any condition you have. Aside from this, he is very friendly. He takes the time to listen to your issue(s) and/or concerns, and is not...
Gentle and very patient have never had a Dentist this good
I have known Dr. Achury for several years, before using his services I went through several dentists and while I never had a negative experience, I never felt as comfortable as I do now. He is a thorough professional who cares about his patient's well being.
I haven't visited a dental office in a long time and Dr. Achury gave me the run down. We had a good conversation going and gave me some much needed advice. I am looking forward to my next visit, I definitely recommend.
I have no complaints from this dentist office. I'm very happy with this dentist and staff. Marisol C.
Me gusto mucho los doctores son muy profecionales en su trabajo.
The staff took good care of my 7 years old, 10 years old and me with sensitivity to our various needs. We were done sooner than expected!!
Dr. Camilo is the best dentist I've ever visited. Gentle, friendly, clean, and has great teeth!
Have you seen Dr. Camilo Achury, DDS?

Visit Dr. Achury