Dr. Camilo Achury, DDS

• Travelers
  • United Concordia

Learn about this dentist

Patient Testimonials

Five words to describe the results: Perfect fit, feel, comfort & performance! Four words to express my happiness: I can smile again! Three words to express my satisfaction: Love My Teeth! Two words to describe Vanguard: The Best! One word to conclude: Elated! Vanguard's staff are professional, friendly and meticulous.

I have used a number of dentists throughout the years and was never happy with the service or experience. This has come to an end with Dr. Achury and Dr. Puerta. They are both highly skilled dentists that truly care for their patients. I always know I'm in good hands with them regardless of the procedure. When I had an emergency last month, they stepped up and corrected the problem early the next day. I was back in public and able to smile without anyone ever aware of the problem. Thanks again for allowing me to smile confidently.

Dr, Achury is the best! He always makes me feel so comfortable. He tells me in detail what he is going and why,He even show me. He is always happy and pleasure to be around. The receptionist,Karen, She us such a sweetheart! he is always smiling,happy and pleasant. Great group of people. Jenny Araujo

Dr. Achury graduated from Georgetown University in 1988. Prior to studying at Dental School, he attended St John's University, where he earned a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. Dr. Achury has been practicing for over 19 years. He has been in his current location for 23 years. Since he began practicing dentistry, Dr. Achury has kept up to date on many continuing educational classes, ensuring that his patients receive the most comprehensive and advanced dental care. As a part of his yearly routine he attends classes at the Pankey Institute, attends regularly the Spanish American Medical and Dental Society's Congress has taken numerous courses in Implant restorations, as well as all of the other dental specialties. Dr. Achury is Colombian born and is fluent in Spanish and English, and communites well in Portuguese. Dr. Achury is active in the dental community, as an active member and former director of Queens County Dental Society. He is also a past president and member of the board of the Dental Committee of the Spanish American Medical and Dental Society. He is also a mamber of the New York State Dental Association. Nationally, Dr. Achury is also member of the ADA, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, and is currently preparing to take the Fellowship exam.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Achury's patients receive comprehensive and advanced dental care, with a caring atmosphere and dedication to patients in multiple languages....Read more

Dr. Achury's Experience

Visiting Dr. Achury

Dr. Achury accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Achury's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Achury to family and friends
Dr. Achury's Performance
I am very happy with my visit. We created a game plan to get my teeth in better shape. Very informative as well. Will be coming back soon.
very happy with the treatment and the work that the Dr Achury has been done, definitely recommend
Very Good
I have been a patient of Dr. Achury for over a decade. When I moved out of Jackson Heights, I was disappointed to lose him as a dentist. Now that I have moved back to the neighborhood, I am thrilled to call him my dentist once again. Dr. Achury is very professional, explains the diagnosis clearly and also is detailed with how he will treat any condition you have. Aside from this, he is very friendly. He takes the time to listen to your issue(s) and/or concerns, and is not...
I have known Dr. Achury for several years, before using his services I went through several dentists and while I never had a negative experience, I never felt as comfortable as I do now. He is a thorough professional who cares about his patient's well being.
I have no complaints from this dentist office. I'm very happy with this dentist and staff. Marisol C.
The staff took good care of my 7 years old, 10 years old and me with sensitivity to our various needs. We were done sooner than expected!!
I will definitely recommend this place to friends very professional staff and the dentis, very happy with the work they have done to me.
I haven't visited a dental office in a long time and Dr. Achury gave me the run down. We had a good conversation going and gave me some much needed advice. I am looking forward to my next visit, I definitely recommend.
Dr. Camilo is the best dentist I've ever visited. Gentle, friendly, clean, and has great teeth!
Me gusto mucho los doctores son muy profecionales en su trabajo.
Have you seen Dr. Camilo Achury, DDS?

Dr. Achury says...

Dr. Achury's Care Philosophy

Dr. Achury graduated from Georgetown University in 1988. Prior to studying at Dental School, he attended St John's University, where he earned a Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. Dr. Achury has been practicing for over 19 years. He has been in his current location for 23 years. Since he began practicing dentistry, Dr. Achury has kept up to date on many continuing educational classes, ensuring that his patients receive the most comprehensive and advanced dental care.    As a part of his yearly routine he attends classes at the Pankey Institute, attends regularly the Spanish American Medical and Dental Society's Congress has taken numerous courses in Implant restorations, as well as all of the other dental specialties.    Dr. Achury is Colombian born and is fluent in Spanish and English, and communites well in Portuguese. Dr. Achury is active in the dental community, as an active member and former director of Queens County Dental Society. He is also a past president and member of the board of the Dental Committee of the Spanish American Medical and Dental Society.  He is also a mamber of the New York State Dental Association.    Nationally, Dr. Achury is also member of the ADA, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, Academy of General Dentistry, and is currently preparing to take the Fellowship exam.

Dr. Achury's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry

No malpractice history found for New York.

Dr. Achury does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Achury and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Georgetown University Dental School

Graduated in 1988

St. John's University

Graduated in 1984

• Portuguese

Dr. Achury does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Achury and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cosmetic Dental Procedure