Dr. Brian Shaughnessy, DMD

Dr. Brian Shaughnessy, DMD

Pediatric Dentistry | Male | 49 years old

1 review| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Learn about this dentist

Our philosophy at Greater Boston Smiles Pediatric Dentistry is that the greatest way to protect a child's smile for life is to ensure that he or she has a good experience at the dentist starting at the earliest possible age. We strive to make each visit comfortable and enjoyable as well as educational and trust building. We are committed to form lifelong connections with patients and parents alike.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Shaughnessy's Experience

Visiting Dr. Shaughnessy

Dr. Shaughnessy accepts 14 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Shaughnessy has admitting privileges.

Dr. Shaughnessy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaughnessy to family and friends
based on 1 survey
Dr. Shaughnessy's Performance
Have you seen Dr. Brian Shaughnessy, DMD?
Are you Dr. Shaughnessy?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Shaughnessy

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Shaughnessy says...

I completed my pediatric dentistry specialty training at Harvard University/Children's Hospital Boston where I served as chief resident and currently maintain a staff position.   I received my dental degree from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine where I served as class president and received the distinct honor of being named " best all around student ". I have been the recipient of many other leadership and academic awards including publication of my research entitled "Oral Health and Bone Density in Adolescents and Young Women with Anorexia Nervosa" in the Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. I began my career in healthcare after graduating cum laude in physical therapy from Northeastern University. I practiced as a physical therapist at numerous institutions in the Boston area including; the Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation, and Shriners Hospital for Children. Working at Shriner's Hospital and having children of my own inspired me to continue my education. My career as a PT taught me the importance of prevention which continues to be my focus as a pediatric dentist. I am a board certified member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Dental Association, as well as the Massachusetts Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and Massachusetts Dental Society.

Dr. Shaughnessy's Care Philosophy

Dr. Shaughnessy says...

Lingual and maxillary frenectomies

Sedation dentistry

Early Childhood Caries

Special needs patients

Interceptive orthodontics

Dr. Shaughnessy's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Autism

Graduated in 2006

• Other Education
      Board Certification From Abpd 2010

Completed in 2010

Dr. Shaughnessy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaughnessy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Dentistry