Dr. Brian Shaughnessy, DMD

Dr. Brian Shaughnessy, DMD

Pediatric Dentistry  ·
Dr. Brian Shaughnessy, DMD is a pediatric dentistry practitioner in Quincy, MA and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University of Connecticut / School of Dental Medicine and practices pediatric dentistry and sedation dentistry.Read his story

21 Totman St # 201

Quincy, MA 02169

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Guardian
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Learn about Dr. Shaughnessy

Dr. Shaughnessy's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shaughnessy "I completed my pediatric dentistry specialty training at Harvard University/Children's Hospital Boston where I served as chief resident and currently maintain a staff position. I received my dental degree from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine where I served as class president and received the distinct honor of being named " best all around student ". I have been the recipient of many other leadership and academic awards including publication of my research entitled "Oral Health and Bone Density in Adolescents and Young Women with Anorexia Nervosa" in the Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry. I began my career in healthcare after graduating cum laude in physical therapy from Northeastern University. I practiced as a physical therapist at numerous institutions in the Boston area including; the Massachusetts General Hospital, Spaulding Rehabilitation, and Shriners Hospital for Children. Working at Shriner's Hospital and having children of my own inspired me to continue my education. My career as a PT taught me the importance of prevention which continues to be my focus as a pediatric dentist. I am a board certified member of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Dental Association, as well as the Massachusetts Academy of Pediatric Dentistry and Massachusetts Dental Society."

This content was provided by Dr. Shaughnessy "Our philosophy at Greater Boston Smiles Pediatric Dentistry is that the greatest way to protect a child's smile for life is to ensure that he or she has a good experience at the dentist starting at the earliest possible age. We strive to make each visit comfortable and enjoyable as well as educational and trust building. We are committed to form lifelong connections with patients and parents alike."

2  Practice Areas

• Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Northeastern University
  • Harvard School of Dental Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008
  • Board Certification from ABPD 2010
    Other Education | Completed 2010

Dr. Shaughnessy has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Shaughnessy has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shaughnessy does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaughnessy and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaughnessy's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaughnessy to family and friends

Dr. Shaughnessy's Performance

This place is a hidden gem, the entire staff is absolutely professional and great with the kids. This is my sons 3rd dentist and most definitely the last Dr. Shaughnessy is very patient and great with the kids. He has a natural ability to distract them and keep them at ease. My son who used to hate...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
As usual, our recent visit was fast and enjoyable. My daughter LOVES going to the dentist since we joined Greater Boston Smiles!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Great staff. Everyone was knowledgeable and informative. Dr. Shaughnessy made the kids comfortable and explained every thing he was doing before starting. Kids love to come to the dentist. Go figure!
Are you Dr. Shaughnessy?