Dr. Bret Christensen, DDS

Dr. Bret Christensen, DDS

Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics  ·
Dr. Bret Christensen, DDS is an orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics practitioner in Lewiston, ID and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Creighton University in 1993 and practices orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics, orthodontics, and more.Read his story

77 Southway Ave Ste D

Lewiston, ID 83501

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross of Idaho
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Christensen

Dr. Christensen's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Christensen "I was accepted to Dental School in 1989 with only an Associates degree due to my exceptional grades in college. I received the IDEP (Idaho Dental Education Program) Scholarship. I attended Dental School at Creighton University and graduated 3rd in my class, Magna Cum Laude. I was awarded the HPSP (Health Profession Scholarship Program) from the USAMED (US Army Medical Department). Upon graduating from Creighton University in 1993 with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery, DDS, I entered the US Army and the AEGD (Advanced Education in General Dentistry) Program at Ft. Carson, Colorado. I received advanced training in the specialties of Oral Surgery, Periodontics, Prosthodontics and Orthodontics. For 2 ½ years, I served as a General Dentist at the Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany. During this time, I also served as the XO (Executive Officer) of the 464th Medical Company during Operation Joint Endeavor (Bosnia Conflict). In 1997, I was accepted to an Orthodontic Residency at The University of Louisville, Kentucky where I not only receive my Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics, but also receive my Masters Degree in Oral Biology with my thesis on Treating Class III Malocclusions in Children with Expansion and Facemask Protraction. I graduated 2nd in my class in 1999. Upon graduation from my orthodontic residency, I continued my service in the US Army and served as Chief of Orthodontics at the Ft. Bragg Bravo Program. I taught orthodontics for 2 years while also maintaining a practice in orthodontics where surgical correction was the focus to support the oral surgery program at Ft. Bragg, NC. In 2001, I started and opened my own orthodontic practice in Lewiston, Idaho. We are now in our 14th year. I am a member of the American Dental Association, Lewis Clark Dental Society, Intermountain Odontology Study Club and the Idaho Orthodontic Association."

This content was provided by Dr. Christensen "I am all about the bite! Creating the most ideal bite possible is always my goal and with that comes beautiful esthetics, as well. Early intervention by age 7 makes it possible to correct many skeletal and dental abnormalities.

I have a fun, caring and jubilant team that I work with. We care not only about the oral health of the patient but their life. Our patients come in as patients and leave as friends."

3  Practice Areas

• Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion - Short Stature Syndrome
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Incognito™ Invisible Braces
  • Invisalign®
  • Invisible Dental Braces
  • Metal Dental Braces
  • Non-Extraction Treatment (for Dental Crowding)
  • Non-Surgical Bite Correction
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Surgical Orthodontics
  • Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Idaho.

• Ricks College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Creighton University
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • University Of Louisville / School Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Christensen has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Christensen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Christensen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Christensen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Christensen's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Christensen

Dr. Christensen?
Dr. Christensen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Bret Christensen, DDS
I got my braces on today! I was a bit nervous but Dr. Christensen and team made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. Great experience, friendly staff and comfortable setting! I had dental assistant Bridgette, she's amazing!!! :-)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Bret Christensen, DDS?

How was your experience with Dr. Christensen?