Dr. Bertram Hughes, DMD

Dr. Bertram Hughes, DMD

Dentistry  |
Dr. Bertram Hughes, DMD is a dentist who practices in Gainesville, FL. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

316 SW 16th Ave

Gainesville, FL 32601

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Hughes

• University Of Florida
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Florida / College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1990

Dr. Hughes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hughes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hughes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hughes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hughes' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hughes to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Hughes' Performance
Gainesville, FL |
My son loves going there. Everyone treats him kindly and helps his easy his fear.
in Alachua, FL |
Dr. Hughes is professional and very knowledgeable. He takes the time to listen and explains things in easy to understand language. I highly recommend him.
Monticello, Fl |
Would not recommend Dr. Hughes to anyone. He has no compassion for any patient no matter the age. My daughter went in for first visit had teeth cleaned was told she needed root canal and cavaties filled was referred for the root canal to be done somewhere else root canal was done. Two days later had an appt with Hughes to have cavities filled he refused to fill them he said 2 teeth couldn't be saved and he walked out leaving her in the room. He walked out left for the day. UNPROFESSIONAL!!
in Gainesville, FL |
I went in to the office with a chief complaint of a hurting wisdom tooth. I spent over 2 hours at this location, and Absolutely nothing was done about my tooth. In fact, I was told that my pain due to periodontal disease, and that should be addressed first. That is like a patient showing up at an ER with chest pain, but treated for high blood pressure first. Likes to recommend things not covered. News flash. Insurance PROTECTS PATIENTS, NOT PROVIDERS! Zero follow up. Issue for the board/state!
Gainesville, FL |
Dr Hughes examined my teeth prior to any cleaning so he could determine my treatment plan. I didn't have much trust in him because he told me how bad my teeth were, when I haven't had this experience with previous dentists. I asked if I could just get my teeth cleaned and Dr Hughes basically told me he didn't like the type of dental insurance I had and if I wanted my teeth cleaned then I was going to have to agree to his treatment plan and pay extra.
We apologize that you didn't have a good experience. We never tell patients that their teeth are bad so I hope you reevaluate your words. It sounds like you may have a discount plan and are responsible for all payments. Unfortunately, this creates confusion and angst because patients are responsible for payment as the manage care company does not pay anything directly toward services. It's only a discount. Please feel free to contact us or your HR provider if you need further explanation.
Have you seen Dr. Bertram Hughes, DMD?

Visit Dr. Hughes

Dr. Hughes accepts 9 insurance carriers
  • Ameritas
    Ameritas PPO
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
    Dental PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA