Dr. Bertram Hughes, DMD

Dr. Bertram Hughes, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Dr. Bertram Hughes, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Gainesville, FL and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University Of Florida / College Of Dentistry in 1990 and practices dentistry.

316 SW 16th Ave

Gainesville, FL 32601

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • MetLife

Learn about Dr. Hughes

1  Practice Areas

• University Of Florida
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • University Of Florida / College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1990

Dr. Hughes has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Hughes has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hughes does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hughes and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hughes' Reviews

2.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hughes to family and friends

Dr. Hughes' Performance

GOOD

My son loves going there. Everyone treats him kindly and helps his easy his fear.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Hughes is professional and very knowledgeable. He takes the time to listen and explains things in easy to understand language. I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Would not recommend Dr. Hughes to anyone. He has no compassion for any patient no matter the age. My daughter went in for first visit had teeth cleaned was told she needed root canal and cavaties filled was referred for the root canal to be done somewhere else root canal was done. Two days later...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I went in to the office with a chief complaint of a hurting wisdom tooth. I spent over 2 hours at this location, and Absolutely nothing was done about my tooth. In fact, I was told that my pain due to periodontal disease, and that should be addressed first. That is like a patient showing up at an...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr Hughes examined my teeth prior to any cleaning so he could determine my treatment plan. I didn't have much trust in him because he told me how bad my teeth were, when I haven't had this experience with previous dentists. I asked if I could just get my teeth cleaned and Dr Hughes basically told...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option

We apologize that you didn't have a good experience. We never tell patients that their teeth are bad so I hope you reevaluate your words. It sounds like you may have a discount plan and are responsible for all payments. Unfortunately, this creates confusion and angst because patients are responsible for payment as the manage care company does not pay anything directly toward services. It's only a discount. Please feel free to contact us or your HR provider if you need further explanation.