Dr. Barry Walvoord, DDS

Dr. Barry Walvoord, DDS

Orthodontics  |
Male

Dr. Barry Walvoord, DDS is a dentist who practices in Evanston, IL.Read his story

Orthodontics by the Lake

1572 Maple Ave Ste 101

Evanston, IL 60201

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Walvoord

Video

Dr. Walvoord's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Walvoord "I am very passionate about orthodontics and I feel blessed to give myself so fully to something I love so dearly. Because treatment plans are carried out over a period of months or years, and because we often see many patients within a single family, we have an opportunity to establish strong ongoing relationships. Orthodontics is not just about straight teeth and a balanced bite; it’s about improving patients’ lives and perceptions of self. Education Prior to pursuing my orthodontic education, I achieved my Bachelor’s degree in Biology from The University of Missouri in Colombia, MO in 1982. I then went on to dental school at Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, TX. I graduated in 1988 with my Doctorate of Dental Surgery and continued my education and was accepted into a three-year specialty program at The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI. I graduated in 1991 with a Masters of Science degree in Orthodontics. Continuing Education I actively pursue a regular schedule of continuing education in order to stay current with treatment modalities in the orthodontic profession and their proprietary involvement with other dental specialties. This translates to cutting-edge technology, efficient treatment plans and increased comfort for my patients. I have been a loyal founding member of a local study group that was organized in 1997. The members of our group are by invitation only, representing all dental specialties. Each member is highly respected for their exceptional clinical skills. We meet quarterly in order to present current topics in our individual fields and to discuss treatments for patients who require complex, multidisciplinary care. In correlation with my continuing education, I am a member of the following professional associations: American Association of Orthodontists Illinois Society of Orthodontists American Dental Association Illinois State Dental Society and Chicago Dental Society Northern Illinois Dental Specialist Study Group In The Office From the beginning of my orthodontic career, my goal has been to provide the highest quality treatment in a friendly, family-oriented environment. I consider each patient as an individual, and I provide treatment options based upon their personal dental needs and orthodontic goals. I enjoy the increased happiness my patients derive from their constantly improving dental condition and appearance. It’s the people that make a practice, and I am especially proud of my team. Their level of knowledge allows them to communicate very effectively with our patients and their families. They are a compassionate group and they are authentically willing to put patients at ease and to make them feel comfortable at their orthodontic appointments. All of my staff members have had orthodontic treatment themselves and they have a special empathy for the patients’ experience. Family Life I spent most of my childhood in Grand Rapids, MI. Throughout my years of advanced study I resided in various states. Ultimately, I had my sites set on the North Shore of Chicago to set up my lifelong practice. I have lived in Highwood since 2001, and share my life with my wife and two children. We have a large dog, a small cat and a pony. Most of my free time is spent with my family and in the pursuit of our various hobbies. My son and I train in the sport of fencing while my wife and daughter are very loyal equestrians. We are certainly a busy and active group."

This content was provided by Dr. Walvoord ""Orthodontics By The Lake prioritizes your health and comfort. For over 15 years, Dr. Barry Walvoord and his staff have provided a caring and professional practice which offers the finest quality treatment. From Invisalign clear aligners to the Damon Bracket System, our approach to your treatment utilizes cutting-edge technology. We also offer clear braces, metal braces, and various other orthodontic approaches for children, teens, and adults." http://www.walvoordortho.com/ "

• Orthodontics
  • Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics

• Crooked Teeth
  • Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Retainers
  • Spacers for Braces
  • Springs for Braces
  • Surgical Orthodontics

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Dental School At Baylor College Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Walvoord has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Walvoord has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Walvoord does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Walvoord and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Walvoord's Reviews

Average wait time

Are you Dr. Walvoord?

Visit Dr. Walvoord

Dr. Walvoord accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.