Dentistry  |
Dr. Azam Hakim, DDS
Dr. Azam Hakim Dr. Azam Hakim graduated from dental school in 1982. She pursued post-graduate training as a prosthodontist for 3 years at University of Louisville, graduating in 2000. She was a clinical professor at University of Kentucky from 2000-2005. She has had over 35 years of experience in advanced dentistry. She brings exceptional knowledge and commitment to her patients with a gentle touch. Dr. Hakim is licensed to practice general dentistry as well as advanced prosthodontics in Kentucky, California and Ohio. Dr. Hakim's forté is aesthetic reconstruction with an emphasis on cosmetic ceramic restorations. She lives in Louisville, KY with her family(She is married and has three kids).

St. Matthews Advanced Dentistry

148 Chenoweth Ln

Louisville, KY 40207

• Ameritas
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Guardian
  • Preferred Medical Plan
  • Principal Life
  • Superior Dental Care

Learn about Dr. Hakim

St. Matthews Advanced Dentistry was built on a foundation of caring, competency, consistency and communication. We continually strive to deliver the highest level of comprehensive dental care, in a comfortable, clean, attractive environment. We value our patients; we love our jobs; and we respect each other. Appointments are carefully scheduled so that patients and doctors alike are not rushed or kept waiting. We "inform before we perform" to ensure that patients know their options. We encourage patients to make the right oral health choices while accepting that each person adopts change at a different pace. Together, we achieve our primary service objectives: superior quality and total comfort.

• Prosthodontics

• Cosmetic Conditions
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)

• Amalgam Dental Fillings
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures
  • X-Ray
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Isfahan University Of Medical Sciences
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University Of Louisville / School Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Hakim has no awards or honors listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Hakim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hakim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hakim's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hakim to family and friends
Dr. Hakim Says:

I would like to thank all of my patients especially those who took their time and took the survey on healthgrades.com for me. This survey not only helps me to constantly improve my servivces to all of my patients but,also help other people who are looking for a dentist like me. If you have any questions , you may post it on my face book page( St. Matthews advanced Dentistry) or call the office at (502)897-1677. Thanks to all of you again!

Dr. Hakim's Performance
Louisville, KY |
She is a wonderful and pleasant lady. I felt very comfortable and safe in her office. No wait time and was dealt with very carefully and considerately. Wonderful experience.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is a great dentist, I have been going to her for over 5 years. Highly recommend her!
in Mt. Washington |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hakim for a few months now and I have never been so satisfied with a dentist as I am with her. Hand down I give her a 5 star rating. I wish I could of found her years ago and made better dental decisions for myself. Dr. Hakim is the whole pkg. She is passionate about her work and your dental health care. Dr. Hakim has the best office staff , the office is calm and soothing . If you have an appt. You get seen at that exact time. Best in the state. Hands down!
in Louisville, KY |
Not only does Dr. Hakim have a pleasant personality, she provides excellent dental care. Along with her staff, St. Matthew's Advanced Dental is caring, professional and genuinely concerned for the well being of the patient.
in Louisville, KY |
I have been seeing Dr Hakim for about 10 years and couldn't think of a better place to go for beautiful teeth! My teeth are straight and beautiful- all because of the REMARKABLE Dr. Hakim !!
in Louisville, Ky |
Very excellent Dr. Cares for her patients and very particular about what helps her patients feel confident about their teeth!
in Louisville, KY |
Very kind, very professional, always punctual. Dr. Hakim has great skills, you can truly trust her recommendations.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is the best in Louisville. If not the entire state! After years of dental nightmares (seriously I hate going in, even for a cleaning) and multiple dentists over the years I finally feel like I've found a dentist I can trust. Dr. Hakim is not only professional she's changed the way I think about Doctors. She takes her skills to next level and always makes sure every procedure whether small or large is done to the utmost perfection. I've not only recommended my family but my friends to s
in Louisville, KY |
We needed to get a new dentist and found Dr. Hakim on google. Sure enough after our 1st visit we were pleasantly surprised of the cleanliness, confidence, and professional service. On my second visit I had a 5 y/o with me whom I was babysitting (he was not a patient) and Dr. Hakim was exceptionally attentive and even had a selection of movies for him to watch while I was being seen. At the end of our visit we both left with new toothbrushes, the kid still talks about it :)
Louisville, KY |
Dr.Hakim is amazing! I had a great experience with Her. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Louisville, KY |
Dr Hakim and her staff are very nice and always do a great job.
in Louisville, KY |
I had a wonderful experience at Dr. Hakim's office. She is one of the kindest dentist that I've met. She genuinely cares about her patients. She will always make you feel like you are her top priority when you're there. I would highly recommend her to any family or friend because I know they would be in good hands while under her care. She made sure I knew what was going on at all times during my procedure. Dr. Hakim made me smile again with the crown she replaced on my front tooth.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim installed 2 crowns that fit perfectly. In the past I've had to return to other dentists to modify a new crown, but these worked perfectly from the start.
in Louisville |
Dr. Hakim was pleasant and professional. Eager to get down to business and fix my teeth. She was willing to work with my busy schedule. She works quickly and precisely and was in tune with my comfort level during the entire visit.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim takes care of my wife and myself and she has done an outstanding job with every service provided. She has corrected issues from past procedures performed when we lived out of state and when she performs procedures, they are the most seamless and pleasant I have ever experienced. Her staff is professional, friendly and inviting and Dr. Hakim is always a pleasure to interact with. I couldn't be more pleased!
in Louisville, KY |
As a physician who always tries to do as much for my Patients as possible, I can be a tough critic of health care providers who don't appear to be doing the same for their Patients. However, I must say, all of my expectations have been exceeded by Dr. Hakim. Her oral health fund of knowledge and procedural technique were excellent. Most effective and tolerable local anesthetic injection I have ever had. Wonderful attention to detail. Overall, excellent Dentist.
Louisville, KY |
SMAD is a very friendly positive professional office Dr Hakim is the best in her field and treats patients like family. She was always so kind and welcoming. Michelangelo of teeth.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim identified a significant issue which another dentist had missed. This issue is visible on the x-ray from a year ago and yet he never brought it to my attention. I just assumed he knew what he was doing, but Dr. Hakim' s added training makes a huge difference! I also appreciate her careful attention to my chronic illness and the way her treatment could effect it.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim's office requires that as a new patient you get your x-rays done first, and then come in for a cleaning another day. I went in to get my x-rays taken care of and was greeted by Dr. Hakim like I had been a patient for years. Her hygienist was also really friendly and easy to talk to. I felt like she took her time while examining my gums, and made sure I had no questions before I left. The service was so great for x-rays that I can't wait to get my teeth cleaned.
When i moved to Louisville, I needed a dentist because I had some jaw pain. I googled best dentist in louisville, and dr. Hakim came up. I have not looked back since. It turns out I was grinding my teeth for years without knowing. She fixed my grinding problem and I got the best night sleep I had in years. I no longer get headaches nor experience any jaw tightness. Best dentist I have ever been too, hands down.
in Louisville, KY |
She's amazing! Very precise at what she does and will make sure you leave her with a beautiful smile. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Louisville, KY |
Love Dr.Hakim and Staff very informative and welcoming!! I can feel that Dr. Hakim and staff genuinely care about your overall oral health just as much as you do. No long waits!! Clean and beautiful atmosphere Thank you Dr. Hakim and staff
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is very knowledgeable and provides you great dental care.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Hakim is very professional yet caring and understanding.
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is very professional and always gives excellent dental care and advice.
in Louisville, KY |
I came to Dr Hakim with some extensive dental needs due to the work of a prior dentist. She has been wonderful! Pain free. Outstanding quality of work. Made me feel very at ease and confident in her professional skills. I would, and have, been recommending her to friends in Louisville. It is rare to find a dentist who is great with technical and aesthetic dentistry, complex medical dentistry and who has a terrific professional and caring approach to her patients.
Chagrin Falls, OH |
Well, I had a great experience with Dr. Hakim, First of all her office was very clean and invitating environment. Dr. Hakim and her staff treated me with great respect. Dr. Hakim performed a complete oral examination, she then discussed my treatment plan. I am very happy that i met her.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim has done wonderful work on my mouth. She has risen my self esteem in addition to giving me pretty teeth. I've gotten many compliments and I have refered friends. She practices good and safe medicine. I trust her.
Dr. Hakim has been my dentist for a few years now and she has gotten my teeth and gums in the best health of my life. She is very personable, knowledgeable and anxious to answer questions and concerns.
in Fairdale Ju |
She's the best dentist I've ever had!! She's very thoughtful, funny and explains everything she's going to do before she does it. She's just a really friendly person. She gets 5 stars in my book.
in Louisville, KY |
I LOVED my experience at this practice. Dr. Hakim is amazing, smart, and very kind. My wait time was less than a few minutes and I was welcomed by the warm staff and ambiance. Dr. Hakim went over my treatment plan in detail and explained everything to me. This practice really cares about their patients and goes above and beyond the norm. Would definitely recommend to my friends and family!
in Louisville, Ky |
I love it here. Dr.Hakim makes me feel so comfortable when I'm having work done on my teeth.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is very professional and very patient in answering all questions and letting me know exactly what's being done and why. She does superb work and comes highly recommended!!
Have you seen Dr. Azam Hakim, DDS?
Are you Dr. Hakim?

Ameritas PPO
    Dental - Plus
    Delta Dental PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • United Concordia
    United Concordia DHMO
    Dental PPO
    United Healthcare PPO

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dentistry