Dr. Azam Hakim, DDS

Dr. Azam Hakim, DDS

Dentistry | Female

St. Matthews Advanced Dentistry 148 Chenoweth Ln, Louisville, KY 40207 Get Directions

Learn about this Dentist

Personal Bio

Dr. Azam Hakim Dr. Azam Hakim graduated from dental school in 1982. She pursued post-graduate training as a...Read more

Dr. Hakim's Experience

Visiting Dr. Hakim

Dr. Hakim accepts 16 insurance carriers

16 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Hakim

Dr. Hakim's Review Details
4.8 based on 117 responses
Experience with Dr. Hakim
Dr. Hakim's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (106)
Dr. Azam Hakim, DDS says

I would like to thank all of my patients especially those who took their time and took the survey on healthgrades.com for me. This survey not only helps me to constantly improve my servivces to all of my patients but,also help other people who are looking for a dentist like me. If you have any questions , you may post it on my face book page( St. Matthews advanced Dentistry) or call the office at (502)897-1677. Thanks to all of you again!

Louisville, KY |
SMAD is a very friendly positive professional office Dr Hakim is the best in her field and treats patients like family. She was always so kind and welcoming. Michelangelo of teeth.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim identified a significant issue which another dentist had missed. This issue is visible on the x-ray from a year ago and yet he never brought it to my attention. I just assumed he knew what he was doing, but Dr. Hakim' s added training makes a huge difference! I also appreciate her careful attention to my chronic illness and the way her treatment could effect it.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim's office requires that as a new patient you get your x-rays done first, and then come in for a cleaning another day. I went in to get my x-rays taken care of and was greeted by Dr. Hakim like I had been a patient for years. Her hygienist was also really friendly and easy to talk to. I felt like she took her time while examining my gums, and made sure I had no questions before I left. The service was so great for x-rays that I can't wait to get my teeth cleaned.
When i moved to Louisville, I needed a dentist because I had some jaw pain. I googled best dentist in louisville, and dr. Hakim came up. I have not looked back since. It turns out I was grinding my teeth for years without knowing. She fixed my grinding problem and I got the best night sleep I had in years. I no longer get headaches nor experience any jaw tightness. Best dentist I have ever been too, hands down.
in Louisville, KY |
She's amazing! Very precise at what she does and will make sure you leave her with a beautiful smile. I would highly recommend her to anyone.
Louisville, KY |
Love Dr.Hakim and Staff very informative and welcoming!! I can feel that Dr. Hakim and staff genuinely care about your overall oral health just as much as you do. No long waits!! Clean and beautiful atmosphere Thank you Dr. Hakim and staff
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is very knowledgeable and provides you great dental care.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Hakim is very professional yet caring and understanding.
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is very professional and always gives excellent dental care and advice.
in Louisville, KY |
I came to Dr Hakim with some extensive dental needs due to the work of a prior dentist. She has been wonderful! Pain free. Outstanding quality of work. Made me feel very at ease and confident in her professional skills. I would, and have, been recommending her to friends in Louisville. It is rare to find a dentist who is great with technical and aesthetic dentistry, complex medical dentistry and who has a terrific professional and caring approach to her patients.
Chagrin Falls, OH |
Well, I had a great experience with Dr. Hakim, First of all her office was very clean and invitating environment. Dr. Hakim and her staff treated me with great respect. Dr. Hakim performed a complete oral examination, she then discussed my treatment plan. I am very happy that i met her.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim has done wonderful work on my mouth. She has risen my self esteem in addition to giving me pretty teeth. I've gotten many compliments and I have refered friends. She practices good and safe medicine. I trust her.
Dr. Hakim has been my dentist for a few years now and she has gotten my teeth and gums in the best health of my life. She is very personable, knowledgeable and anxious to answer questions and concerns.
in Fairdale Ju |
She's the best dentist I've ever had!! She's very thoughtful, funny and explains everything she's going to do before she does it. She's just a really friendly person. She gets 5 stars in my book.
in Louisville, KY |
I LOVED my experience at this practice. Dr. Hakim is amazing, smart, and very kind. My wait time was less than a few minutes and I was welcomed by the warm staff and ambiance. Dr. Hakim went over my treatment plan in detail and explained everything to me. This practice really cares about their patients and goes above and beyond the norm. Would definitely recommend to my friends and family!
in Louisville, Ky |
I love it here. Dr.Hakim makes me feel so comfortable when I'm having work done on my teeth.
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Hakim is very professional and very patient in answering all questions and letting me know exactly what's being done and why. She does superb work and comes highly recommended!!
Have you seen Dr. Azam Hakim, DDS?

Compare Dr. Hakim

Compare this Dentist

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

• Cosmetic Dentistry
  • Minimally Invasive Dentistry
  • Orofacial Pain Dentistry
  • Prosthodontics
  • Reconstructive Dentistry

Dr. Hakim says..

Experience( 35 years) and additional 3 years of training in Prosthodontic after the dental school! I have over 33 years of experience in both prosthodontic and General Dentistry. I have worked as a prctitioner and as a faculty member of University of Kentucky(teaching and training of new dentists). I have treated a vast numbers of Dental Implant, Porcelain crowns and bridges, Venneers, Cosmetic Make Over, Full mouth Restoration as well as simple cases like tooth color restorations and gum treatment.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)

Dr. Hakim says..

I have worked as a general dentist for 15 years before attending to Prosthodontic program in University of Louisville in 1997. So I have experience of a general dentist as well as an specialist. I have taught and trained many dentist in University of Kentucky also. That teaching position gave me an opportunity to work with other specialist in multidisciplinary clinic and and have more experience in different fields.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Amalgam Dental Fillings
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures
  • X-Ray
  • Zoom!® Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

University of Louisville / School of Dentistry

Completed in 2000

Isfahan University Of Medical Sciences

• Farsi

Dr. Hakim does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hakim and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Hakim's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Dentistry
  • Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hakim

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hakim's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Hakim

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Azam Hakim

• Dr. Azam Hakim graduated from dental school in 1982. She pursued post-graduate training as a prosthodontist for 3 years at University of Louisville, graduating in 2000. She was a clinical professor at University of Kentucky from 2000-2005. She has had over 34 years of experience in advanced dentistry. She brings exceptional knowledge and commitment to her patients with a gentle touch.

Dr. Hakim  is licensed to practice general dentistry as well as advanced prosthodontics in Kentucky, California and Ohio.

Dr. Hakim's forté is aesthetic reconstruction with an emphasis on cosmetic ceramic restorations. She lives in Louisville, KY with her family(She is married and has three kids).

Dr. Hakim's Care Philosophy

St. Matthews Advanced Dentistry was built on a foundation of caring, competency, consistency and communication. We continually strive to deliver the highest level of comprehensive dental care, in a comfortable, clean, attractive environment. We value our patients; we love our jobs; and we respect each other. Appointments are carefully scheduled so that patients and doctors alike are not rushed or kept waiting. We "inform before we perform" to ensure that patients know their options. We encourage patients to make the right oral health choices while accepting that each person adopts change at a different pace. Together, we achieve our primary service objectives: superior quality and total comfort.