Dr. Arvind Petrie, DMD

Dr. Arvind Petrie, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Dr. Arvind Petrie, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Tacoma, WA and has been practicing for 7 years. He graduated from University of Pittsburgh / School of Dentistry in 2010 and practices dentistry.Read his story

1550 S Union Ave Ste 150

Tacoma, WA 98405

• Ameritas
  • Guardian
  • MetLife
  • United Concordia

Learn about Dr. Petrie

Dr. Petrie's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Petrie "Generosity is giving more than you can, pride is taking less than you need.” — Khalil Gibran I have always modeled my philosophy of care after this quote, but coming from a family full of engineers the shoe just didn’t fit for me. I grew up locally in Des Moines and attended the University of Washington. I received a Bachelor of Arts in Biology/Physiology and took a year off before dental school to travel to India and other parts of the world while I still could. It was during this year I met my wife (unbeknownst to me at the time) Joanna. I was eager to see another part of the country and chose to complete my Doctorate of Dental Medicine in Pennsylvania at the University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine. Admittedly it was hard to be a Seahawk in the “Steeler Nation.” I became avidly involved in student government and campaigned several times in Washington, D.C. for increased access to care and funding for dental programs and residencies. I left Pittsburgh after the four best years of my life, excellent clinical training in dental medicine, and a passion for the local and national platform in dental reform and government. I completed a one-year AEGD (advanced education in general dentistry) residency in Spokane before going into private practice. It was here I realized my passion for pediatrics. Over the next couple of years, I worked exclusively in pediatrics and then returned to adult private practice, where I realized how much I enjoyed family dentistry, cosmetics, and oral surgery. After the birth of our second daughter Emelia, we thought we had found our final stop in Spokane. In the end, the draw of family in western Washington and beauty of Puget Sound and all it offers was too much to live without. Being a practice owner early in my career was always the plan, so I made that a reality in 2013. Petrie Advanced Dental was opened in that year and was transitioned over from a wonderful physician, Dr. Dan Gallacher. His sense of practice, diagnosis, and care was immediately in line with my own philosophy of treatment. Personal, professional, progressive care is my immediate priority. Healthcare is very personal business, so should be the relationship you establish with your dentist. Petrie Advanced Dental is also a progressive office where we implement the latest proven materials and techniques in the care we render. I consistently work to improve my knowledge and practice by enrolling in 50 hours or more of continuing education. I consider myself not just lucky, but blessed and privileged, to do what I do. Outside the office, travel, nature, and history have always been my passions. I most enjoy boating, snow skiing, running, mountain climbing, wake boarding, and motorcycling (when I am able to). I am excited to be back in the PNW to fish and crab again and show my girls the way of life I grew up with.

This content was provided by Dr. Petrie "We are not just another dental practice. This is not just another dental experience. Healthcare is very personal, and so should the relationship be with your physician and health care team. Our Tacoma dentist, Dr. Arvind J Petrie, practices patient-focused dental healthcare at its finest, catering to the dental needs of patients of all ages throughout the Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Lakewood, and Puyallup communities. We believe that our patients deserve to be treated as individuals with their unique goals and comfort in mind.

Dr. Petrie and our team offer an elite level of service and care at an affordable price, providing a full suite of comprehensive family dentistry to patients of all ages, from complete smile makeovers to basic hygiene care, including Invisalign®, orthodontics, and implant dentistry. We strive to strike a balance between the health, function, and overall appearance of your smile, improving both your self-image and your oral health."

1  Practice Areas

• Teething
  • Thumb Sucking
  • Tooth Damage
  • Tooth Decay Caused by Acid Attack

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University of Washington
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • University of Pittsburgh / School of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • Lutheran Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Petrie has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Petrie has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Petrie does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Petrie and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Petrie's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Petrie to family and friends
204 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Petrie's Performance

I'v had three appointments here so far. Bottom line- I'd recommend this dentist to anybody. Every piece of the experience was overall exceptional in ALL categories, honestly. I never really thought there could be such a thing as an "exceptional dental experience" but after visiting Dr. Petrie's...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Are you Dr. Petrie?