Dr. Anna Salas, DDS

Dr. Anna Salas, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Anna Salas, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Houston, TX and has been practicing for 22 years. She practices orthodontics and orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics.Read her story

West U Orthodontics

3642 University Blvd Ste 102

Houston, TX 77005

• MetLife

Learn about Dr. Salas

Dr. Salas' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Salas "It is my passion to put my expertise to work, helping my patients improve their lives by giving them a healthy and beautiful smile. I love watching the transformation that happens in a person, someone who is ashamed of their crooked teeth and hides their smile, when they begin orthodontic treatment. They are excited to start and that excitement is contagious. Then, seeing their personality begin to blossom, as their new smile develops, and watching them start to carry themselves more upright, make eye contact more willingly, and, best of all, start to smile without ducking their head or covering their mouth, is amazing.The best day, though, is when I remove the braces and the person sees their new smile for the first time. They cannot stop smiling and laughing, and I’m right there celebrating with them. They’re going to have a healthier, happier life because of the care we’ve provided in this office. Even better, that person is someone who has become a friend to me, over the course of treatment, so I am celebrating because I am happy for a friend. That, right there, is why I love being an orthodontist. My Education and Commitment to Continuing Education Doctorate of Dental Surgery, Universidad Central de Venezuela Master of Science and Orthodontic Specialty Training, University of Texas Health Science Center, Dental Branch Clinical associate professor at the University of Texas School of Dentistry in Houston, Texas Being an orthodontist means a commitment to continually learning about new processes, materials, and technologies. I have always been fascinated by the technological advances being made, from the emerging software programs through the digital X-rays that improve diagnostics and intramural digital scanners that increase accuracy and eliminate the need for uncomfortable impressions, too.Each year I take continuing education courses in orthodontics and other oral healthcare topics, so I am able to ensure my patients receive the highest level of care possible. In addition to attendance at meetings and lectures, I also stay up-to-date with the current relevant literature. And as a Clinical Associate Professor on the graduate orthodontic faculty at the University of Texas Dental Branch I am constantly learning, too. Professional Memberships American Association of Orthodontists Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics Southwestern Society of Orthodontics American Dental Association Greater Houston Dental Society Personal Life I was born and raised in Caracas, Venezuela, and now consider Houston my home, having moved here in 1992. My family includes my husband, Dr. Alberto Lopez, and our beautiful daughter, Estefania Lopez-Salas. When I’m not at the office, I spend as much time as I can with my husband and daughter. We love to travel and share our family time together."

This content was provided by Dr. Salas "Dr. Salas and her talented staff have been creating beautiful smiles in the Houston, Texas (TX) area for years! Combining experience with advanced education and personal care, our orthodontist and staff strive to bring you only the best orthodontic treatment options available including Self-Ligating Braces, Invisalign, and more!"

2  Practice Areas

• Crossbite
  • Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth

• Venezuelan Central University
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Salas has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Salas has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Salas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Salas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Salas' Reviews