Dr. Ann B. Mudd, DMD

Dr. Ann B. Mudd, DMD

Dentistry | Female | 57 years old

15 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Learn about this dentist

It is our mission to protect, promote and improve our patients dental health. We do so by creating a warm, friendly and caring enviroment. We strive to enhance the lives of our patients, by making them proud to smile through effective treatment and positive coaching. We cultivate long-term patient relationships through a high standard of individualized care from an honest and compassionate dental team. We consistently work to improve our skills to benefit our patient family.Read more

Personal Bio

Under 10 minutes (13)
Dr. Mudd Says:

This reply is for the review posted Feb 8, 2016

in Louisville, KY |
I love this office and the office staff. To be able to leave a dental office in a better mood then I was in before I arrived really says something. She took the time to show me why she needed to redo my fillings instead of just telling me.
Louisville, KY |
Dr. Mudd has been my dentist for 7 years and having moved 6 times (6 dentists) during my career, consider her to be the best dentist I have worked with. Dr. Mudd is very thorough in her evaluation and always reviews my overall health and how my oral health may indicate other health issues which may not have yet surfaced. I have had extended periods without insurance and Dr. Mudd has assisted me in pursuing the healthiest care plan at the least cost, a strong testament to her integrity, as well
in Louisville, KY |
LOVE Dr. Mudd and her Staff. Such an amazing group of people! Every single one of them truly care about their patients. Everything was explained in detail. I've never had a dentist be so patient with my horrible gag reflex as she was. I would recommend everyone to this practice and I have! She also came into the office on a Sunday to re-glue my boyfriends crown. He was in from out of town. She's the best.
Louisville, KY |
Very disappointing!! He hygienist was the only person who treated me with dignity and respect. When Dr. Mudd came over, she never introduced herself to me (new patient), she spoke over me, was condescending, and told me that my previous work needs to get redone even though I have no symptoms or issues. I am getting a second opinion has I am very suspicious that she is trying to cheat the system because I am a new patient. I would never recommend this dentist to anyone based on how I was treated.
I wish you had voiced these concerns to me while in my office. I would have spent more time with you to be sure that you thoroughly understood the reasons I made the recommendations. I treat my patients as I would want to be treated. Poor restorations can lead to recurrent decay, food packing and irritated soft tissues. We don't want to wait until you are in discomfort. Dental problems caught early have conservative, cost saving remedies. Please call the office if I may be of further help.
Have you seen Dr. Ann B. Mudd, DMD?

Compare Dr. Mudd

Compare this Dentist
View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Dr. Mudd says...

I graduated with honors from the University of Louisville School of Dentistry in 1990. After practicing 5 years as a dental hygienist, I returned to complete my DMD and have practiced over 20 years as a general dentist. I started my own practice in St. Matthews in 1995 and in March of 2000 we moved to a larger office at 3516 Frankfort Avenue.

Coming from a family of medical professionals, I found my niche in dentistry. I believe that a smile is the first and greatest impression we can give to those we meet, therefore I've made it my life's work to help others achieve oral health and gain confidence in their appearance.

My goal is to always find my work as rewarding as I do right now. I do this by attending a wide variety of continuing education courses on a regular basis and staying current on the best dentistry has to offer.

I am a member of the Louisville Dental Society, Kentucky Association of Women Dentists, Kentucky Dental Association and the American Dental Association.

My family and I are members of Southeast Christian Church. I have two children. My son is finishing up at Purdue in mechanical engineering, his wife has just received her RN and currently works in the NICU. My daughter, Whitney, is a junior in the nursing program at IU in Indianapolis. I enjoy boating, spending time with friends/family and travel.

Dr. Mudd's Care Philosophy

Dr. Mudd says...

This reply is for the review posted Feb 8, 2016

I am confused and bewildered. I wish you had voiced these concerns to me while we were together in the office. I would have spent more time with you to be sure that you thoroughly understood the reasons I made the recommendations that I did. I have a great intraoral camera and the best digital radiography that I use to diagnose and I know I could have given you a better understanding had I realized your confusion. I love my job and I appreciate it when I'm asked to help people regain or maintain optimal oral health. I am not into high pressure sales. I treat my patients as I would want to be treated. Poor restorations can lead to recurrent decay, food packing and irritated soft tissues. We don't want to wait until you are in discomfort. You usually won't know that there is an "issue" until it has advanced. Dental problems caught early have conservative, cost saving remedies. Please call the office if I may be of further help.

Dr. Ann Mudd

Dr. Mudd's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dentistry
  •  Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• Broken Tooth
  • Tooth Abrasion
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Demineralization
  • Tooth Discoloration

Dr. Mudd does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mudd and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Composite Fillings