Dr. Andrew Orchin, DDS

Dr. Andrew Orchin, DDS

Orthodontics  ·
Male

Dr. Andrew Orchin, DDS is an orthodontics practitioner in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 14 years. He practices orthodontics.Read his story

Orchin Orthodontics

5301 Wisconsin Ave NW Ste 200

Washington, DC 20015

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Orchin

Dr. Orchin's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Orchin "I’m a third generation Washingtonian: born at the Washington Hospital Center, where I’m now an attending doctor and teacher. Yes, a rare native! I have three sons, Max and Leo, and our new baby Evan! I’m lucky to be married to a woman who has introduced all of us to the joys and thrills of Minnesota outdoors, including fishing and snowmobiling — both of which we are all getting better at. Dr. Bailey is also a great orthodontist and wonderful partner. Yes, we spend a lot of time together, and love it! Perhaps due to the fact that I was born and raised in Washington, DC, and have spent almost all my life here, one of my favorite activities is to travel and explore different cultures, places, foods, and people. I have also recently started to explore all types of fishing: deep sea, ice, spear, and fly, which is pretty interesting for a city boy. My sons and I are huge fans of all the local sports teams, and try to attend as many games as we can. Even though they are teenagers now, my boys still like to hang out with their dad every once in a while! A PASSION FOR ORTHODONTICS I am passionate about making every patient’s visit to our office the best part of their day. Whether an adult or child, I want every visit to be positive, productive, informative, and fun. With this kind of trust and attitude, we can achieve the results we all want, which are healthy, harmonious, beautiful smiles. From kids to teens to adults, I love to hear what’s happening in every patient’s life. I want to know what sports teams they follow, what music they like, where they’re from, where they travel, and what they do for work and fun. I love the interest they show in learning the same things about me. Orthodontics is not just about straightening teeth and creating healthy smiles; it’s about relationships. I’ve been a practicing orthodontist for more than 10 years. My father is a retired, internationally respected orthodontist. He never pushed me into the profession and, in fact, encouraged me to explore the world outside of dentistry before deciding what I wanted to do for a living. I was out of college for five years before I realized I wanted to do what he did: help improve smiles and health for wonderful people! MY EDUCATION AND COMMITMENT TO CONTINUING EDUCATION Bachelor of Arts – American University Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Howard University Certificate in orthodontics – Children’s National Medical Center Each year I complete many hours of continuing education through local study clubs. I am a proud member of the invitation-only Schulman Study Group, an awesome group composed of some of the best 125 orthodontic practices in North America. I am also a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics. In addition, I have been an attending clinical instructor at Washington Hospital Center for many years, so I spend at least one full day a month not only teaching the next generation of orthodontic specialists, but also learning from them. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS American Board of Orthodontics, board certified American Association of Orthodontists District of Columbia Dental Society Schulman Study Group Spear Study Club "

This content was provided by Dr. Orchin "Your smile is often the first thing people notice about you, and at Orchin Orthodontics, we want to help you make a lasting first impression. Drs. Andrew Orchin and Jill Bailey are dedicated to working with you to create a unique treatment plan just for you, and to provide genuine orthodontic care for a lifetime of beautiful smiles. orchinorthodontics.com"

1  Practice Areas

• Dental Crowding
  • Dental Spacing
  • Gaps Between Teeth
  • Malocclusion - Short Stature Syndrome
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Misaligned Teeth
  • Open Bite
  • Overbite
  • Protruding Front Teeth
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain
  • Thumb Sucking
  • Underbite

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for District of Columbia.

• University of Southern California
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Children's National Medical Center
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Childrens National Medical Center

Dr. Orchin has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Orchin has no media or publications listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Orchin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Orchin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Orchin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Orchin to family and friends

Dr. Orchin's Performance

We have been very happy with the treatment, professionalism, and courtesy of this practice since we we began seeing them last summer for our daughter’s expander, braces and now retainer. The location is convenient (we live in Takoma Park) and never have a problem finding free 2-hr parking in the...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Very friendly staff, inviting office (love the coffee and mini fridge!) and efficient visits. We came a little early and we were taken back quickly and were done in no time. Great experience and knowledgeable doc!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I really appreciate the dedication Dr. Orchin and his staff have to each patient.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0