Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD

Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Bryn Mawr, PA and has been practicing for 16 years. She practices dentistry.Read her story

Amy Shoumer DMD, PC

919 Conestoga Rd Bldg 100

Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Learn about Dr. Shoumer

Video

Dr. Shoumer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shoumer "I attended Ocean City High School and graduated in 1994. I received my degree from the College of William and Mary as a biology major, where I met my husband and decided to pursue dentistry kind of on a whim – a whim for which I am truly blessed! In the fall of my senior year, I was admitted to the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine where I discovered that dentistry is the perfect blending of art, science, and personal interaction, and was so much more fun and stimulating than I ever could have imagined. Upon graduation with my Doctorate of Dental Medicine, I was awarded the Community Dentistry and Pediatric Dental Health Award and the American Society of Dentistry for Children Award. I am committed to continuing education and consider myself to be an eternal student. Each year I complete far beyond the state standard in continuing education and encourage my staff to do the same. As I travel the country to pursue the best continuing education there is to offer, I meet dentists who completed their education at institutions all over the country. It is through these interactions that I have come to appreciate the fine education that I was fortunate enough to receive at the University of Pennsylvania. After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, I completed a general practice residency and an advanced restorative general dentistry residency at the University of Pennsylvania. Since then, I have gained a decade of private practice experience and have been serving the Main Line for the past seven years. In 2013 I decided to move to Rosemont, where I opened my current practice. I realized that in order to meet the needs of my patients, I had to offer more of my time and more individualized care. This move has allowed me to articulate my own practice standards among which is time and attention for each and every patient. Each patient is unique from his or her history, fears, and current needs. Time and thought is required to meet your individualized care. I have built a staff committed to ensuring that you receive the care and attention your family deserves. When I’m not in the office, I am the mother of three daughters and reside in Wayne. Now that you know a bit of my story, I look forward to knowing yours."

Patient Testimonials

This content was provided by Dr. Shoumer "I wish Dr. Shoumer was around for me years ago. Now that I found her, I am keeping them in my life for my dental cares for the rest of my life. Dr. Shoumer is very caring and gentle and the office staff is very kind and friendly. - Vela H."

"Dr. Amy Shoumer and her staff are committed to dentistry and to your smile! Her practice is focused on comprehensive, relationship-based care. Her mission is to partner with you and your family to achieve optimal dental health, comfort, and beauty. http://www.dramyshoumer.com/"

1  Practice Areas

• Chipped Tooth
  • Crooked Teeth
  • Misshapen Teeth
  • Plaque
  • Tartar Buildup
  • Tooth Attrition
  • Tooth Discoloration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• The College of William and Mary
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1998
  • University of Pennsylvania / School of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002

• Philadelphia Magazine; 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
  • Main Line Today Top Dentist; 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018

Dr. Shoumer has no media or publications listed.

• Academy of General Dentistry, Member

1.4204545454545454%

Dr. Shoumer?
Dr. Shoumer's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD
Very Incompetent Dentist. She messed up a crown. What she messed up and could not fix in 6 weeks, the other dentist fixed it one day. The pain and symptoms went away in 3 days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD?
In her efforts to make sure your oral health is at its best, Dr. Shoumer takes care of the whole person. She takes her time to fully understand your concerns, your individual situation and what are the most appropriate steps forward. She initiated and completed (endodontic treated tooth) root...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD?
Bad dentist. She killed one of my teeth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD?
After having a cavity re-filled by Dr. Shoumer, I now have pain and sensitivity when chewing on that side of my mouth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD?
Was fantastic to find her as my dentist in my area.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Amy Shoumer, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shoumer?