Dr. Alex S. Bankhead, DDS

Dr. Alex S. Bankhead, DDS

Periodontics | Male

Learn about this Dentist

Dr. Bankhead's Experience

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Bankhead

Dr. Bankhead accepts 5 insurance carriers

5 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Bankhead

Dr. Bankhead's Review Details
    4.8 based on 28 responses
    Experience with Dr. Bankhead
    Dr. Bankhead's Office & Staff
      Under 10 minutes (24)
    Dr. Bankhead says

Thank you Autumn for your feedback and review.  All of us here at, Utah Valley Periodontics and Dental Implants appreciate you feedback as it helps us in our quest to deliver the best periodontal/Implant care possible.  Dr. Bankhead

in Slc, UT |
    I first met Dr. Bankhead ten years ago when I needed some periodontal work done on my gums. Over the last ten years I often thought of the wonderful experience I had at his office that day. Recently I needed a couple of teeth implanted and I immediately thought of Dr. Bankhead. I am happy to say Dr. Bankhead is as good now as he was when he first treated me ten years ago. He's kind, professional and does excellent work. His office is first class and his staff are the best!
    in Orem, UT |
    Dr. Bankhead (and staff) is the best Periodontist, Dental Implant Specialist and General Oral Surgeon that I have encountered in my health care experience. I did my research before contacting his office, and found that his top reputation in Utah and nationwide is well-deserved! He has been capable and attentive to the details of my complex case, and his staff is top-notch! Dr. Bankhead and staff have my highest recommendation and personal endorsement.
    Everything about my experience with Dr. Bankhead was positive and encouraging. From the first visit, I was impressed at how professional and trustworthy he was, as well as understanding and caring.
    in Utah |
    Five stars! It's like going to a spa and coming out with perfect healthy teeth! Painless, relaxing, kind atmosphere. Truly, Dr. Bankhead has thought of EVERYTHING. I totally trust him and his care of my teeth!
    in Elk Ridge, UT |
    You will never leave this office feeling as if you're just a number, you matter to these amazing people. The professionalism, care and results are exceptional.
    in AMERICAN FORK |
    Their office is beautiful and comfortable. Everyone I worked with was professional, kind and personable. Dr. Bankhead made dealing with the pain comfortable until my appointment and was able to get me in quickly. He was professional, knowledgeable and optimistic about my prognosis. Before the procedure, during, and after I know I have received the best care. Thank you!
    in Pleasant Grove, UT |
    Always a pleasure to have your work done by a true professional!!!
    in Springville, UT |
    Dr. Bankhead is always kind, patient and considerate each and every time I go in. He has helped me keep and maintain my dental health. He always calls personally after a major procedure just to check on me and make sure I have no problems and I really appreciate that.
    I've been seeing Dr. Bankhead for over a year due to some fairly complicated issues with the gums on the lower area of my mouth. As a high anxiety person, most medical/dental procedures stress me out immensely but Dr. Bankhead and his team are always so kind and reassuring. I have never felt judged or mistreated in any way and have received wonderful care from them. I'm so grateful for the relationship we've built and for the care they provide!
    in Scottsdale, AZ |
    Dr. Alex Bankhead is extremely professional, caring and went above and beyond what I have experienced with other doctors and dentists. I recently traveled from Scottsdale for my extraction and implant after meeting him a few years ago when I needed emergency dental care while in Salt Lake on business. I trust him and he is definitely a perfectionist and that is what/who I want when it comes to my dental health.
    in Provo, Utah |
    My experience with Doctor Bankhead has been great. I am very happy with the results that I had from his intervention. Is my second surgery with him and I am very pleased.
    in Cedar Hills, UT |
    Dr. Bankhead performed a surgery for me due to receding gum lines. I had a great experience at his office and am excited about the results. The staff at Dr. Bankhead's office are all very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Bankhead!
    in Provo UT |
    He has genuine concern for all his patients. He is patient in answering questions.
    in Spanish Fork, Utah |
    They are very nice and friendly. They took very good care of me while I got my gum graft. I wasn't worried at all, they are very professional. I love how clean their office is as well. I give them a 5 star for sure!
    in Orem, UT |
    Years ago, I was in a car accident which has left me with a lot of tooth problems. I have been to numerous dentists and specialists, yet having very little satisfaction and quite a few bad experiences... until I was referred to Dr. Bankhead. He and his staff staff have been so extremely helpful and wonderful!! I definitely recommend him to everyone!
    Provo, UT |
    Dr. Bankhead and his staff were very professional and caring. I went to four other periodontists for consultations on my gum grafting and frenectomy and Dr. Bankhead shone above the others. He clearly explained his procedure and its success rate. Both procedures were quick and comfortable. He checked in on me after to make sure I was doing okay. I was also able to text him a couple of times with questions and he took extra time to look that everything was healing properly.
    in Vernal ut |
    We truly would recommend Doctor Bankhead and his staff to everyone and anyone. With all of our surgeries we have been through they have went very well like they were expected to and without any bumps or turns :) Dr. Bankhead and his staff have went above and beyond in all of the procedures we have had ( Gum Grafting, jaw replacement, cleanings) so with all of that being said they are the BEST and we would give them 10 stars **********!!!!!!!!! Autumn & Todd Logan
    in Vernal Utah |
    Have you seen Dr. Bankhead?

Compare Dr. Bankhead

Compare this Dentist

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

• Periodontics

• Broken Tooth
    • Chipped Tooth
    • Gingivitis
    • Gummy Smile (Oversized Gingiva)
    • Loose Teeth

• Physical Examination
    • Root Canal
    • Teeth Extraction
    • Teeth Whitening

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Creighton

Graduated in 1994

Lincoln VA Hosp

Completed in 1997

University of Nebraska / College of Dentistry

Completed in 1997

Dr. Bankhead has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Bankhead has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Bankhead's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Periodontics
    • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
    ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Bankhead

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Bankhead's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Bankhead

Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Bankhead's Care Philosophy

As a Periodontist, I believe that most patients can retain their natural teeth with professional care and daily home care. It takes motivation to maintain your smile and oral health, but it comes at a small price when one evaluates the value of employment opportunities, social interaction and just ones overall "quality of life". When at the dental office, always ask your dentist/hygienist how your gums and jawbone is holding up...

Dr. Bankhead says...