Dr. Alan Timko, DMD

Periodontics ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Timko

Arcadia Center

9401 McKnight Rd Ste 301A Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Dr. Alan Timko, DMD is a periodontics practitioner in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from University Of Pittsburgh / School Of Dentistry in 1980 and practices periodontics.

At a glance

• Low wait times . Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy . Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Timko accepts

Dr. Timko accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO
Advantage Plus
Dental
Dental PPO
Preferred PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Timko treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Timko's conditions and procedures:

• Bone Grafting
  • Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique
  • Chronic Periodontitis
  • Crown Lengthening
  • Dental Implant
  • Desensitizing Therapy (Dental)
  • Frenectomy
  • Gingivitis
  • Gum Disease Treatment
  • Gum Graft Surgery
  • Gum Surgery
  • Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®)
  • Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy

3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Timko?
Dr. Timko's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Timko, DMD
I transferred to Pittsburgh last year and Dr. Timko was listed on our Insurance providers list. He is a rude and uncaring doctor and someone should look into his unprofessional manner. He did my surgery and I will not be returning. I'd rather pay out-of-network rates than deal with his rough treatment and poor attitude. I would NEVER refer him to any of my colleagues because he is very moody and comes across as a money grabber. Very unprofessional!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I've been seeing Dr. Timko for over 10 years to help me maintain healthy gums and bone to support my teeth. He also successfully performed gum surgery to cure a local gum infection I had about 5 years ago. He is most professional in his manner and possesses abundant technical knowledge and has suburb surgical skills. Dr. Timko has also given me honest advice regarding if I should get any aesthetic gum surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Timko for your periodontal needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko was great, he explained and explained the options I had to fix my teeth and gums. He did a wonderful job and I am well satisfied. I only had one problem, I don’t have dental insurance and was quoted a price. It took me several months to decide and then find the time to have my surgery done. By the time I was ready and the appointments made, the cost was increased. I had the surgery and everything was perfect. I did have to pay the increased price, which didn’t make me happy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
My experiences with Dr. Timko and his staff have been excellent. I've had good improvement in my gum health, both from treatment in the office and from correcting my tooth brushing technique. They also do a great job with scheduling. I always get in and out quickly and my appointments start on time!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I have been coming to this office for 17 years. The staff is extremely friendly, attentive and accommodating. Dr. Timko is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain what is going on and answer any questions. He is very thorough and I feel that I am getting the best care possible. I highly recommend Dr. Timko to treat your periodontal disease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I have been seeing Dr. Timko for several years. He and his staff are very friendly and courteous. Dr. Timko takes time with his patients, explains what he is doing and answers all questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Timko to anyone who needs a periodontist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko and his staff are always very courteous and professional. He takes the time to explain your particular periodontal issues and what the best treatment option is and answers any questions or concerns that you may have as well. Scheduling for procedures is easy and what to expect is included before and after. Follow up care and maintenance of healthy gums is a priority for Dr. Timko. He is always willing to provide advice and excellent care. I would highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Timko's for many years now. I was referred to him by my dentist, Dr. Gary Carmassi, as he recommended I get some help to avoid periodontal disease. I believe that Dr. Timko's knowledge in his field is highly commendable. He, along with his staff, provide a very professional service to those of us with periodontal issues. I would highly recommend him to anyone having issues with their teeth and gums. Jim Wittler
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Timko since he began his practice. His professionalism is exceptional. I was previously afraid of most Dentists due to bad experiences in my childhood, but Dr. Timko is very gentle and takes time to make sure his patients experience as little discomfort as possible. With his guidance I have been able to become one of his star patients making my semi annual visits for cleaning relatively painless. I highly recommend Dr. Timko for your Periodontal needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
“I have been a patient of Dr. Timko for some time now for various periodontal procedures.  I find him to be an excellent periodontist – one who listens to you and takes the time to explain any procedure he is about to perform.  He is very knowledgeable, efficient and patient-oriented.  He has always made me feel confident and at ease with his services.  The office environment and staff friendliness are also great assets to his practice.  I would highly recommend Dr. Timko."
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Timko?

From receding gums to gum disease, Dr. Timko is equipped to handle all of your periodontal needs. To help you understand your options, Dr. Timko spends an adequate amount of time with each patient discussing his findings, diagnosis, and treatment plan. Dr. Timko treats all of his patients himself and even does his own cleanings!

• Periodontics