Dr. Alan Timko, DMD

PeriodonticsMaleAge 67

Dr. Timko

Arcadia Center

9401 Mcknight Rd Ste 301a Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Dr. Alan Timko, DMD is a Periodontics Practitioner in Pittsburgh, PA and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University of Pittsburgh / School of Dentistry medical school in 1980. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Timko to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Periodontics Practitioners in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Timko treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Timko's conditions and procedures:

• Bone Grafting
  • Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique
  • Chronic Periodontitis
  • Crown Lengthening
  • Dental Implant
  • Desensitizing Therapy (Dental)
  • Frenectomy
  • Gingivitis
  • Gum Disease Treatment
  • Gum Graft Surgery
  • Gum Surgery
  • Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®)
  • Laser Assisted Periodontal Therapy
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Teeth Scaling
  • Tempormandibular Joint Pain

Dr. Timko accepts

Dr. Timko accepts the following insurance:

Aetna PPO

75.86206896551724%
3.4482758620689653%
3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Timko?
  • Explained conditions well (23)
  • Office environment (23)
  • Staff friendliness (23)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
I transferred to Pittsburgh last year and Dr. Timko was listed on our Insurance providers list. He is a rude and uncaring doctor and someone should look into his unprofessional manner. He did my surgery and I will not be returning. I'd rather pay out-of-network rates than deal with his rough treatment and poor attitude. I would NEVER refer him to any of my colleagues because he is very moody and comes across as a money grabber. Very unprofessional!!
Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I've been seeing Dr. Timko for over 10 years to help me maintain healthy gums and bone to support my teeth. He also successfully performed gum surgery to cure a local gum infection I had about 5 years ago. He is most professional in his manner and possesses abundant technical knowledge and has suburb surgical skills. Dr. Timko has also given me honest advice regarding if I should get any aesthetic gum surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Timko for your periodontal needs.
Mike Sutton in Butler County – Mar 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko was great, he explained and explained the options I had to fix my teeth and gums. He did a wonderful job and I am well satisfied. I only had one problem, I don’t have dental insurance and was quoted a price. It took me several months to decide and then find the time to have my surgery done. By the time I was ready and the appointments made, the cost was increased. I had the surgery and everything was perfect. I did have to pay the increased price, which didn’t make me happy.
Marilyn Nist in Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
My experiences with Dr. Timko and his staff have been excellent. I've had good improvement in my gum health, both from treatment in the office and from correcting my tooth brushing technique. They also do a great job with scheduling. I always get in and out quickly and my appointments start on time!
Pittsburgh, PA – May 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I have been coming to this office for 17 years. The staff is extremely friendly, attentive and accommodating. Dr. Timko is very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain what is going on and answer any questions. He is very thorough and I feel that I am getting the best care possible. I highly recommend Dr. Timko to treat your periodontal disease.
Donna M in Seven Fields, PA – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I have been seeing Dr. Timko for several years. He and his staff are very friendly and courteous. Dr. Timko takes time with his patients, explains what he is doing and answers all questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Timko to anyone who needs a periodontist.
Mary Jane Yakulis in Allison Park, PA – May 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko and his staff are always very courteous and professional. He takes the time to explain your particular periodontal issues and what the best treatment option is and answers any questions or concerns that you may have as well. Scheduling for procedures is easy and what to expect is included before and after. Follow up care and maintenance of healthy gums is a priority for Dr. Timko. He is always willing to provide advice and excellent care. I would highly recommend him!
Connie in Pittsburgh, PA – Apr 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Timko's for many years now. I was referred to him by my dentist, Dr. Gary Carmassi, as he recommended I get some help to avoid periodontal disease. I believe that Dr. Timko's knowledge in his field is highly commendable. He, along with his staff, provide a very professional service to those of us with periodontal issues. I would highly recommend him to anyone having issues with their teeth and gums. Jim Wittler
Jim Wittler in Pittsburgh, PA – Apr 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Timko since he began his practice. His professionalism is exceptional. I was previously afraid of most Dentists due to bad experiences in my childhood, but Dr. Timko is very gentle and takes time to make sure his patients experience as little discomfort as possible. With his guidance I have been able to become one of his star patients making my semi annual visits for cleaning relatively painless. I highly recommend Dr. Timko for your Periodontal needs.
Frank Arch in Greensburg PA – Apr 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
“I have been a patient of Dr. Timko for some time now for various periodontal procedures.  I find him to be an excellent periodontist – one who listens to you and takes the time to explain any procedure he is about to perform.  He is very knowledgeable, efficient and patient-oriented.  He has always made me feel confident and at ease with his services.  The office environment and staff friendliness are also great assets to his practice.  I would highly recommend Dr. Timko."
Bill Savage in Pittsburgh, PA – Mar 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Timko for several years, staff is courteous, professional and experts on all insurance carriers. The office is run on a timely manner (if your app is for 300pm, you can expect to be in the office chair at 300pm) Dr. Timko is always on time, polite and professional. I have moved away from the Pittsburgh area in 2015 but still travel from Ohio (230 miles round trip) because of the level of Dr. Timko's experience. He and his office staff are true professionals.
james benko in North Ridgeville, OH – Mar 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Had a gum graft done by Dr. Timko. Surgery turned out perfect. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Dr. Timko is no nonsense and very professional. I would recomment this office
Allison Park, PA – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
At my first visit, Dr. Timko spent time explaining treatment options and answering all of my questions. I experienced some bleeding that alarmed me after a procedure and Dr. T returned my call on a Sunday. In the last year, my periodontal health has completely turned around. Staff is so helpful and kind. Susan has provided info to check with dental insurance for coverage. Isabel is the sweetest - always making sure I'm taken care of during my visit. I'm very grateful to have been referred here!
Joanna in Pittsburgh, PA – Mar 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Super practice that dealt with my dental issues with appropriate follow up and care. The office staff is friendly and very efficient and accommodated my scheduling. Dr. Timko is straight forward and to the point when it came to treatment and follow up care.
John in Conway, PA – Mar 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Several years ago I was told that I needed dentures. Before taking that step, I contacted Dr. Timko. He told me I had extensive bone loss, but he thought that he could help. Now I'm pain free, my teeth are doing well and I still have most of my natural teeth and no dentures. I am grateful every day for Dr. Timko and his excellent staff.
Bill P. in Pittsburgh, PA – Mar 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko is the best periodontist in Pittsburgh. If I could give Dr. Timko 6 stars I would.
Bob – Mar 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko and his staff, Susan and Isabel are pleasant as well as professional. My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Timko for a decade if not more. He always clearly explains the procedures and is thorough in deep cleaning, surgery and other related work. We recommend his practice to anyone looking for a excellent periodontist.
Madhu Bazaz Wangu in Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko has been our Periodontist for almost 10 years and we do recommend him to everyone we know.
Al & Jan Meyers in Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
Dr. Timko is very good at explaining periodontal conditions and the treatments he performs. The office staff is very friendly and efficient. Wait times at the office for appointments are minimal.
Dennis Svitek in Baden, PA – Feb 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?
DR. Timko has always been very thorough in explaining exactly what he is doing and why in a way that is understandable. All of the girls are very pleasant and make visits and scheduling an easy experience. I would have no problem recommending this office to anyone needing help.
Richard Kobus in Cranberry Township, PA – Feb 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Timko, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Timko?

From receding gums to gum disease, Dr. Timko is equipped to handle all of your periodontal needs. To help you understand your options, Dr. Timko spends...Read more

Welcome! Dr. Alan Timko is a Board Certified Periodontist, providing services in periodontics and implant dentistry to the greater Pittsburgh Area....Read more

• Periodontics