Dentistry  |
Dr. Alan Friz, DDS
Dr. Friz has been a Comprehensive Family Dentist serving Dubois County since 1986. With the help from his qualified staff, we offer a variety of dental services including cleanings, periodontal services, fillings, oral surgery, dental implants, crowns and bridges, dentures, emergency care as well as others. New patients are always welcome and we would love to have you as part of our dental family. Please explore our web site to learn more about us. You can find information about our staff, our office, and the procedures and services that we offer. It is a pleasure for me to let you know a little bit about myself. After high school, I studied at Indiana State University Evansville. [Now known as USI] My passion for science led me to a Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology with a focus on Pre-dental. After passing entrance exams and interviews, I was accepted at Indiana University School of Dentistry in Indianapolis. While in school, I especially enjoyed the clinical aspect of my education. Meeting interesting people and helping them improve their dental health gave me satisfaction and joy. During my senior year, I did an oral surgery externship at Long Hospital. There, I was asked to consider studying to specialize in Oral Surgery. However, I found that I really liked all of the disciplines of dentistry. Therefore, I graduated in 1986 with my Doctor of Dental Surgery [DDS] degree. One thing that peaked my interest in dental school was the idea of replacing teeth with dental implants. As soon as I received my dental licence, I began to take courses to learn how to surgically place and restore dental implants. After acquiring the appropriate training, I started placing and restoring implants in 1987. My desire to do the best dentistry I can led me to become a member of the Academy of General Dentistry [AGD] This wonderful educational organization teaches and encourages general dentists to be able to do comprehensive dentistry focusing on quality. I have enjoyed not only learning, but also the friendships made with other like minded dentists. I am also a member of and support the American Dental Association, the Indiana Dental Association, and am part of the First District Dental Society. I grew up in a simple traditional home. My father, a jolly and boisterous German, was a Pastor of a church next to our home. He made it a point to take me with him on some of his visitations with the elderly and shut in, as well as to weddings, funerals, and baptisms. He loved his work and the Lord. It was from him that I learned about empathy and compassion. My mother, a lovely and very musical quiet lady, spent her days taking care of the six Friz children, doing household duties, and canning and preserving the bushels and bushels of produce my dad raised in the garden. She made sure that we all had music lessons and our house was always filled with music and singing. When I was 9 years old, I made up my mind that I wanted to live on our family farm outside of Huntingburg, then occupied by my Grandparents. My passion for planting, raising animals, forestry, and just working outdoors drove me to set up my practice in Huntingburg. While I certainly do not consider myself a farming expert, I am happy to remain a "gentleman farmer". At various times of the year, if you would visit our place, you will see several gardens of produce growing, assorted fruit trees, chickens, and maybe a few pigs here and there. Of course, my first love, after Almighty God, is my dear wife and children. At this time we have ten children at home. What a pleasure it is for me when I come home to the hustle and bustle, and the hugs and cheers of my dear family. My lovely bride has been a great blessing to me. She completely supports the work I do and is a faithful companion. As you can tell, I love family life. I certainly look forward to hearing all about your life and family!

1411 N Chestnut St

Huntingburg, IN 47542

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Learn about Dr. Friz

This content was provided by Dr. Friz "Our Mission is to Provide You and Your Family With Quality Dental Care That Lasts.

We tailor your dental treatment to your needs.

You will receive dental care that is skilled, caring, and honest."

• Cosmetic Dentistry

• Tooth-Borne Denture
  • Tooth-Conserving Dentistry
  • Ultrasonic Dental Cleaning
  • Upper Dentures

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• University Of Southern Indiana
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1982
  • Indiana University / School Of Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Friz has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Friz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Friz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Friz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Friz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Friz to family and friends
4.5
based on 17 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Friz Says:

We want to thank all of our loyal patients, many who have been with our practice for years and years, as well as our newcomers.  Your confidence is always appreciated.  And your suggestions are a big help in letting us provide the very best dentistry that we can.

Dr. Friz's Performance
in Lamar, Indiana |
Love Dr. Friz and his staff. All are professional, personable and sincere.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Friz, DDS?
Are you Dr. Friz?