Dr. Alan Friedler, DMD

Dentistry •  Male • Age 68

Dr. Friedler

Alan P. Friedler DMD, PC

800 Boston Post 203-245-7575 Rd Guilford, CT 06437

Dr. Alan Friedler, DMD is a dentistry practitioner in Guilford, CT. He practices dentistry, pediatric dentistry, and more.

Dr. Friedler's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Friedler

3.4

Dr. Friedler?
Dr. Friedler's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Friedler, DMD
His staff members found a couple of cavities and they said it’s gonna cost $50, later they said $50 per tooth and $200 altogether, and then they said $200 per tooth, and then they said $250 per tooth. I told him that I didn’t have the money for it and they suggested that I do a bake sale. Dr. Friedler through his voice at me in front of staff members and was smiling afterwards. I called his secretary a few days afterwards and brought the issue and they said that’s perfectly normal for him. I did have a staff member who massaged my throat and under chin and he was smiling at me and rocking his head so I felt very uncomfortable, and I was told by his staff that he’s a good guy and I am exaggerating. I decided to move to another dentist because I did not feel comfortable with him, nobody should tolerate his disrespect and if his staff members are always going to change the prices, it makes me question if he’s giving people unnecessary surgeries for personal profit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Friedler, DMD?
First, let me commend Dr. Friedler for doing the pro bono work he does. Nobody has the sort of dental insurance that pays for real care--things beyond routine cleaning, xrays, and perhaps a filling or two--so Dr. Friedler was good enough to meet with me and re-line my denture at no charge. On a personal level, I found Dr. Frielder a better talker than a listener... sort of Brooklyn moves to Guilford. He's a slap on the back type with plenty of condescension mixed in. As an example, he explained, while I had a denture locked between my jaws, that the particular process I was undergoing would be hot... in his words "ex-o-THER-mic," the slow and loud pronunciation of which left the impression that he thought I was both deaf and stupid. I'll only cop to one of those. Finally, this exothermic reaction was so hot that it caused my mouth to blister, the result of which is that today, the fifth day after the appointment, I still cannot even get the denture into my mouth. That's my story!
Awesome service.
Convenient, responsive, professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Friedler, DMD?

How was your experience with Dr. Friedler?

I have always held the belief that patients are people first with real issues and concerns when it comes to their health. As such, it?s more important for me to first understand the patient who has the problem rather than the problem the patient has....

• Cosmetic Dentistry
  • Dental Hygiene
  • General Dentistry (Dental Assistant)

Pankey Institute

Dr. Friedler accepts

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check if Dr. Friedler treats your condition or procedure

Alan P. Friedler DMD, PC

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Friedler treats patients.

70% Patient experience rating, 1% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019, 2018)