Endodontics  |
Male
Dr. Alan Commet, DMD
Dr. Commet is a graduate of the University of Michigan where he received a degree in Biochemistry earning high distinction and highest honors. Following university, he attended the Harvard School of Dental Medicine where he graduated cum laude and was inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honor society. He also received several awards including the Quintessence Award for Clinical Achievement in Restorative Dentistry, the American Association of Endodontists Student Achievement Award, and the Harvard Dental Alumni Silver Award for his outstanding academic and clinical achievements.. Immediately following dental school, he specialized in modern conventional and microsurgical endodontics at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA). During his educational tenure, Dr. Commet published several scientific articles in well-known research journals such as Biochemistry. The American Association of Endodontists recognized his research in the cutting edge field of pulpal regeneration and inflammation at the national level by awarding him a competitive grant to fund his research, as well as the AAE/Dentsply Resident Award during the annual conference held in Washington, DC.In his spare time he enjoys spending time with his wife, Dr. Wenfei Wang (also an endodontist at Renovo!) and their two cats (Oliver and Augustus), watching soccer, and swimming.

Chicago Office

2125 W Roscoe St Ste 2

Chicago, IL 60618

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Dental Network of America
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Commet

Dr. Commet specializes in conventional and microsurgical endodontics - a dental specialty frequently used in root canal therapy and related tooth traumas. Renovo Endodontic Studio is recognized for providing exceptional treatment to its patients. We accomplish this by using the latest technology and techniques in a comfortable and non-imposing environment. Our mission is simple: Provide patients with the best endodontic treatment available anywhere.

Dr. Commet is excited to show patients that endodontic treatment (root canals) can be a comfortable, stress-free, and painless experience.

• Endodontics

• Microscope-Aided Endodontic Treatment
  • Root Canal
  • Root Canal Retreatment
  • Teeth Extraction

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2008
  • Harvard School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2012
  • University Of California At Los Angeles / School Of Dentistry
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Commet has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Commet has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Commet does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Commet and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Commet's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Commet to family and friends
Dr. Commet's Performance
Niles, IL |
No pain! Excellent!
in Elgin, IL |
Dr. Comment is excellent! Patient and kind. He spent extra time on multiple occasions to explain options open to me for treatment. I would recommend him highly. Staff is also good and state of the art office,also. I finally understand the TV placed at different angles when getting the tooth removed great for keeping your mind off of the extraction! Thanks again to Dr. Comment.
in Niles, IL |
Dr Comment us very approachable doctor. Answered all my questions and put me at ease. Highly recommended!
Streamwood, IL |
Very friendly and personable. Professional and great at explaining procedure.
Des Plaines, IL |
Dr. Commet did a very good job and he made me feel comfortable with jokes during the process.
in Crystal Lk, IL |
Fantastic Experience
in Huntley, IL |
Great treatment and bedside manner. Explained everything in detail, and answered all of my questions.
in Des Plaines, IL |
Would have given 6 if I could.
Des Plaines, IL |
Very good and very professional
in Bartlett,Illinois |
He is so thorough and made me at ease by explaining very step of the way. I would recommend Dr. comment strongly! And the procedure was amazingly painless.
He is very thorough. Walk through the procedure.
in Des Plaines, IL |
Very pleasant experience
Des Plaines, IL |
Dr. Commet really explained everything well. I was very comfortable.
Very informative and pleasant
in Pingree Grove, IL |
Dr.Commet was very easy to talk to and straightforward with his explanation of my situation and options. I felt comfortable and taken care of. The staff was very friendly and respectful. It was a great experience given the circumstances.
Great
Excel lent service
in Elgin, IL |
Dr.Commet was excellent he explained everything to me and continuously checked on me during the root canal. He made it painless. I highly recommend him.
in Chicago |
Dr Comment has done 2 root canals for me, both went well. I trust his judgment and work.
Great job !!
in Elgin, IL |
Explained the options and procedures very well. Kept me updated on the progress. A very nice doctor.
Elgin, IL |
Very nice. He wants you to have the best experience possible. Would reccomend.
Very professional dentist
in Algonquin, IL |
Very personable, knowledgeable, and friendly
in Elgin, IL |
No pain at all. Love being able to watch TV during procedure
in Batavia, IL |
Very friendly, excellent service
in Elgin, IL |
Dr Comment was amazing. He made what is usually a negative experience quite painless and almost pleasant!
in Schaumburg, IL |
He was great and explaining each step
in Gilbert's, IL |
Bedside manners are great!!
Chicago, IL |
He was very professional and explained everything he was doing.
in Chicago, IL |
Very happy with extra care taken
in streamwood, IL |
This was the best experience I have ever had at a dentist office.if you need a root canal this is the place to go. This was totally painless experiance. Great doctor and staff!!!!!
in west Dundee il |
Did not hurt Me at all and he is wonderful. Very kind.
in Elgin, IL |
Walked in and they took care of me right away. I have been pushing this out for years but he assured me I would be in good hands. I had no pain and I'm able to go straight to work after.
in Chicago, IL |
Root canal was painless and fast! Dr commet was very compassionate and eased my fears. He also answered all questions through out the process.
Phenomenal!
in Elgin, IL |
As someone who has a fear of dentists since childhood, Dr. Comment made me feel comfortable from the consult. For the first time, I would call this trip to the dentist amazing.
Very kind. Very professional
in Chicago, IL |
Very pleasant and explained everything thoroughly. As enjoyable as a root canal can be!
He was great
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Commet recently completed some extensive and unusual treatment for me and I was totally relaxed and confident that I was in good hands. His recommendations are sensible and his care is as comfortable as his chairside demeanor. Dr Commet and Renovo Endo are superb professionals
Chicago, IL |
Attention to details, detailed explanation of procedures
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Comment was very patient and informative. No pain even the novacaine was painless!
Elgin, IL |
He was so nice, approachable and gentle with my son. He explained everything very thoroughly and ineverr felt rushed..he lei me assk questions and spent as much time with us as needed.
in Ilfeld, NM |
Very Good
in Schaumburg. Il |
Dr. Commet was amazing! Best dental experience of my life!
in Palatine Bridge, NY |
Dr. Comment did a great job. He was very professional and explained everything he was doing and why it was needed.
in Naperville, IL |
I have quite a bit of dental history and Dr. Commet was recommended to me by a friend who is in the dental field. This has been my sixth root canal in my life and I can only say that Dr. Commet is someone I trusted from the moment I met him. At no point I had the impression he is rushing through the schedule, he really took his time to explain everything and it was obvious that he is an expert in his field. If I ever have to have another root canal done, I know where to go now.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Very friendly and professional
Very professional, understanding of my situation with my complicated tooth canals. Dr. Commet was able to fix the problem with skill. He listened to my concerns and was very knowledgeable.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Commet, DMD?
Are you Dr. Commet?

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Dental Network of America
  • Guardian

View other dentists with similar experience to find the right dentist for you.

Endodontics