Dr. Abena Asare, DDS

Dr. Abena Asare, DDS

Dentistry  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Abena Asare, DDS is a dentistry practitioner in Houston, TX. She graduated from Columbia University / College Of Dental Medicine and practices dentistry.Read her story

1100 Bering Dr

• MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Asare

Dr. Asare's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Asare "I began my career in healthcare education working closely with faculty at Columbia University to use technology to improve teaching and learning. I was drawn to dentistry because of a love for education, artistry, and caring for others, and I used my experience with educational technology to improve access to dental education for students and clinicians. Following dental school I served four years as a General Dentist with the U.S. Army, serving in clinical, management and leadership roles. My interest in collaborative healthcare and social entrepreneurship led me to start my dental private practice, Austin Sixth Street Smiles, in 2013. My aim is to focus my family oral health practice on preventive and rehabilitative oral health services and cosmetic dentistry. In addition to dentistry and healthcare my interests include teaching, youth mentorship, healthcare advocacy, community-building, and public service. I am a member of the Academy of General Dentistry, American Dental Association, a volunteer dentist with KinderSmile Foundation, and was a 2000 scholarship participant in the Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership in Women. I am also an advocate of Doctors in Schools, a personal initiative to spend 3 years teaching full-time in public schools, as a way to bring the skills and talents of my profession to public school education, and to encourage other interested healthcare professionals to do the same. It's kind of like a "Teach for America" for healthcare professionals who have a passion for transforming education in their communities."

This content was provided by Dr. Asare "My approach to healthcare and education is to provide service that enriches individuals, families and communities. As a dental clinician, my goal is to provide families with advanced, high-quality, efficient and caring service, enabling patients to greet the world with their best smiles. As an educator my goal is for each and every one of my students and colleagues to develop into peaceful, positive and productive human beings."

1  Practice Areas

• Columbia Univeristy
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Columbia University / College Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Asare has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Asare has no media or publications listed.

• Haitian Creole

Dr. Asare does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Asare and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Asare's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Asare

Dr. Asare?
Dr. Asare's Performance

How was your experience with Dr. Asare?