Learn more about Clinical Neurophysiology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A clinical neurophysiologist is a neurologist who specializes in the diagnosis of nervous system disorders. Neurophysiologists perform EEG (electroencephalography), EMG (electromyography), and other procedures to evaluate the function of the brain and nervous system. They consult with the patient’s care team to guide treatment for such conditions as seizures, sleep problems, and Parkinson’s disease.
A clinical neurophysiologist typically:
- Evaluates a patient’s symptoms and medical history
- Performs a physical exam including evaluation of blood pressure and vital signs and the health of the brain and nervous system
- Orders and interprets specialized tests of the nervous system as well as general health tests
- Diagnoses and monitors acute and chronic diseases and conditions that affect the brain and nervous system including multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, and seizures
- Assists with specialized procedures on the nervous system, such as deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease
- Works closely with your primary care doctor and other specialists and members of your healthcare team to provide optimal care
Neurophysiology is a subspecialty of neurology. Clinical neurophysiologists may also be known by the following names: neurophysiologist, neurologist, brain doctor, brain specialist, and nerve doctor.
There are 14 specialists practicing Clinical Neurophysiology in San Diego, CA with an overall average rating of 3.0 stars. There are 11 hospitals near San Diego, CA with affiliated Clinical Neurophysiology specialists, including Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas, UCSD Medical Center - Hillcrest and Palomar Medical Center Downtown Escondido.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Clinical Neurophysiology Specialist in La Jolla, San Diego, CA?
How can I find a La Jolla, San Diego, CA Clinical Neurophysiology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Clinical Neurophysiology Specialist in La Jolla, San Diego, CA?
How can I book an appointment online with a Clinical Neurophysiology Specialist in La Jolla, San Diego, CA?
How can I find a La Jolla, San Diego, CA Clinical Neurophysiology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Clinical Neurophysiology Specialist in La Jolla, San Diego, CA?