Learn more about Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A clinical cardiac electrophysiologist is a cardiologist who specializes in diagnosing and treating abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) using cardiac imaging, electrophysiology studies, and procedures like cardioversion. Cardiac electrophysiologists care for people with serious and life-threatening arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia. They are also highly skilled in preventive care to reduce the risk of arrhythmias and associated complications.
A cardiac electrophysiologist typically:
- Evaluates a patient’s medical history and teaches the patient about arrhythmias, general heart health, and heart disease prevention
- Performs a physical exam including evaluation of blood pressure and vital signs, weight, and the health of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels
- Orders and interprets laboratory and imaging tests and prescribes medications
- Diagnoses and treats arrhythmias as well as acute and chronic diseases and conditions that affect the heart and blood vessels including coronary artery disease and angina
- Screens, treats and monitors conditions known to increase the risk of arrhythmias and heart disease, such as hypertension, smoking, and high cholesterol
- Performs procedures including pacemaker insertion and defibrillator implant
- Works closely with your primary care doctor and other members of your healthcare team to provide optimal care
A clinical cardiac electrophysiologist may also be known by the following names: cardiac electrophysiologist, heart arrhythmia doctor, heart rhythm doctor, cardiologist, and heart doctor.
There are 31 specialists practicing Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Houston, TX with an overall average rating of 4.4 stars. There are 29 hospitals near Houston, TX with affiliated Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology specialists, including St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center, Houston Methodist Hospital and Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Houston, TX?
How can I find a Houston, TX Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Houston, TX?
How can I book an appointment online with a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Houston, TX?
How can I find a Houston, TX Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Houston, TX?