Learn more about Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
A clinical cardiac electrophysiologist is a cardiologist who specializes in diagnosing and treating abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmias) using cardiac imaging, electrophysiology studies, and procedures like cardioversion. Cardiac electrophysiologists care for people with serious and life-threatening arrhythmias, including atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia. They are also highly skilled in preventive care to reduce the risk of arrhythmias and associated complications.
A cardiac electrophysiologist typically:
- Evaluates a patient’s medical history and teaches the patient about arrhythmias, general heart health, and heart disease prevention
- Performs a physical exam including evaluation of blood pressure and vital signs, weight, and the health of the heart, lungs, and blood vessels
- Orders and interprets laboratory and imaging tests and prescribes medications
- Diagnoses and treats arrhythmias as well as acute and chronic diseases and conditions that affect the heart and blood vessels including coronary artery disease and angina
- Screens, treats and monitors conditions known to increase the risk of arrhythmias and heart disease, such as hypertension, smoking, and high cholesterol
- Performs procedures including pacemaker insertion and defibrillator implant
- Works closely with your primary care doctor and other members of your healthcare team to provide optimal care
A clinical cardiac electrophysiologist may also be known by the following names: cardiac electrophysiologist, heart arrhythmia doctor, heart rhythm doctor, cardiologist, and heart doctor.
There are 6 specialists practicing Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology in Saint Cloud, MN with an overall average rating of 4.8 stars. There are 8 hospitals near Saint Cloud, MN with affiliated Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology specialists, including CentraCare - St. Cloud Hospital, CentraCare - Paynesville and University of Minnesota Medical Center - West Bank Campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Saint Cloud, MN?
How can I find a Saint Cloud, MN Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Saint Cloud, MN?
How can I book an appointment online with a Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Saint Cloud, MN?
How can I find a Saint Cloud, MN Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist in Saint Cloud, MN?