Learn more about Chiropractors and how to choose the right one for you
Learn more about Chiropractors
A chiropractor specializes in correcting spinal alignment problems without drugs or surgery. Chiropractors diagnose and treat conditions, such as back and neck pain, headaches, and fibromyalgia. They provide nonsurgical and alternative back pain relief using manual spinal adjustments and other hands-on therapies. Chiropractors base their approach to treatment on the concept that the relationship between the body’s structure and nervous system affects overall health.
A chiropractor typically:
- Evaluates the patient's medical history and performs a physical examination with special attention to the spine
- Teaches patients about their condition, the treatment plan, and how to perform exercises at home
- Orders and interprets laboratory and imaging tests, such as X-ray and MRI (magnetic resonance imaging)
- Diagnoses certain conditions and refers patients to other doctors if needed
- Performs treatments, such as spinal adjustment, electrical therapy, and mobilization therapy
- Provides nutritional, dietary, occupational, and lifestyle modification counseling
- Works closely with physicians and other members of your healthcare team as needed to ensure optimal care
A chiropractor may also be known by the following terms: back doctor, chiropractic doctor, doctor of chiropractic, and DC.
There are 787 specialists practicing Chiropractic in Alabama with an overall average rating of 4.7 stars. There are 3 hospitals in Alabama with affiliated Chiropractic specialists, including Mobile Infirmary, St. Vincent's East and UAB Hospital.