Learn more about Anesthesiology Specialists and how to choose the right one for you
An anesthesiologist is a physician who specializes in relieving pain and providing total medical care for patients before, during and after surgery. Anesthesiologists are dedicated to protecting and regulating your critical life functions during surgery. As a pain management specialist, an anesthesiologist focuses on pain relief for patients both inside and outside the surgery department in such areas as intensive care units (ICUs) and pain clinics. They serve an important role in labor and delivery units administering epidurals and surgical anesthesia for cesarean deliveries.
An anesthesiologist typically:
- Evaluates your medical history, medical condition, and readiness for surgery
- Collaborates and consults with other members of your medical and surgical teams
- Orders and interprets laboratory tests and X-rays
- Administers pain-relieving drugs and local, regional and general anesthesia
- Monitors, protects and regulates all your vital signs and critical life functions during procedures that require anesthesia
- Prescribes medications
- Diagnoses and treats surgical and anesthesia complications during and after surgery, life-threatening conditions requiring critical care, acute and chronic pain conditions, and sleep disorders
- Provides palliative, hospice, and end-of-life care
There are 353 specialists practicing Anesthesiology in Salt Lake City, UT with an overall average rating of 4.0 stars. There are 11 hospitals near Salt Lake City, UT with affiliated Anesthesiology specialists, including University Of Utah Hospitals And Clinics, St. Mark's Hospital and Intermountain Medical Center.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make a same-day appointment with a Anesthesiology Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT?
How can I find a Salt Lake City, UT Anesthesiology Specialist who takes my insurance?
How can I find a female Anesthesiology Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT?
How can I book an appointment online with a Anesthesiology Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT?
How can I find a Salt Lake City, UT Anesthesiology Specialist who sees patients after hours?
How can I find a top-rated Anesthesiology Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT?