It is also a good idea to bring a list of questions to your appointments. Questions can include:
- Why do I need an EGG? Are there any other options for diagnosing my condition?
- Is this procedure covered by my insurance? Do I need pre-authorization? If it is not covered, how much does it cost? Is there financial assistance available to cover the cost?
- How long will the procedure take?
- When and how will I receive the results of my test?
- What other tests or treatments might I need?
- When should I follow up with you?
- How should I contact you? Ask for numbers to call during and after regular hours.
What can I expect after my electrogastrogram?
Knowing what to expect after an Electrogastrogram (EGG) can help you get back to your everyday life as soon as possible.
How will I feel after the electrogastrogram?
A diagnostic EGG is a painless, noninvasive testing procedure. Call your doctor if you have any pain or discomfort after the procedure. You should be able to return to your normal activities right after your EGG.
When can I go home?
Most patients go home right after testing is complete.
When should I call my doctor?
It is important to keep your follow-up appointments after an EGG. Contact your doctor for questions and concerns between appointments.
- of 2
In this article
- What is an electrogastrogram?
- Why is an electrogastrogram performed?
- Who performs an electrogastrogram?
- How is an electrogastrogram performed?
- What are the risks and potential complications of an electrogastrogram?
- How do I prepare for my electrogastrogram?
- What can I expect after my electrogastrogram?
© Copyright 2014 Health Grades, Inc. All rights reserved. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for professional medical care. For specific medical advice, diagnoses and treatment, consult your doctor.