Dr. Niemes' Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
Procedures Dr. Niemes Performs
Dr. Niemes does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Niemes and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Niemes Treats
Dr. Niemes does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Niemes and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Niemes
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.
- Disciplinary action in another state (11/10/2009)
- Action Taken: Suspension
Dr. William John Niemes License # 01031665A
Nature of Complaint
The physician has been disciplined in the State of Ohio.
The physician has entered into an Agreement with the Medical Licensing Board of Indiana in which the physician’s Indiana medical license shall be placed on Indefinite Suspension The physician also agrees to pay for a copy of the transcript of the presentation of this Agreement to the Board.
- State: Indiana
- Substance Abuse (5/13/2009)
- Action Taken: Revocation
Dr. William John Niemes; License # 35043245
Nature of Complaint:
The physician admitted that approximately fifteen years ago he began to use and abuse benzodiazepines. The physician in order to facilitate his substance abuse prescribed in his spouse's name using his prescriptive authority for his personal use. The physician on 04-30-2009 entered treatment for substance dependency and abuse at a board approved treatment provider in Newark, Ohio.
The State Medical Board of Ohio has Indefinitely Suspended the physician's license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio for a period of at least 180 days subject to the following terms, conditions and limitations:
- The physician shall obey all laws.
- The physician shall abstain from the personal use or possession of drugs unless prescribed, dispensed or administered to the physician by an authorized individual who has full knowledge of the physician's history of chemical dependency.
- The physician shall abstain from alcohol.
- The physician shall provide authorization for disclosure by those that provide treatment or evaluation for the physician's chemical dependency or related conditions.
- The physician shall submit quarterly declarations of compliance to the board.
- The physician shall appear before the board every three months or as requested by the board.
- The physician shall submit to random urine screenings for alcohol and drugs at least four times per month or as directed by the board.
- The physician shall ensure that all screening reports are submitted to the board on a quarterly basis.
- The physician shall participate in an alcohol and drug rehabilitation program at least three times per week.
- The physician shall comply with reporting requirements.
- The board has established conditions for reinstatement and requirement that the physician enters into subsequent probationary terms, conditions and limitations to monitor practice.
04/14/2010 – Voluntary Surrender
Allegedly the physician violated the limitations imposed by the 05/13/2009 Consent Agreement and is impaired in the ability to practice according to acceptable and prevailing standards of care because of habitual or excessive use or abuse of drugs, alcohol, or other substances that impair ability to practice. In lieu of formal disciplinary proceeding the physician executed a Surrender of his license to practice medicine and surgery with consent to revocation. The State Medical Board of Ohio has ordered that the physician’s license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio be Permanently Revoked.
- State: Ohio
0 Board Actions
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
- University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
- Graduated in 1974
- University Mich Med School Hospital
- Complete in 1975
- University Mich Med School Hospital
- Complete in 1977
- Henry Ford Hospital
- Complete in 1979
Languages Spoken by Dr. Niemes & Staff