Dr. William P. Mack, MD

Dr. William P. Mack, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/prov/X/J/F/XJF5V_w120h160_v16420.jpg Visit Healthgrades for information on Dr. William P. Mack, MD. Find Phone & Address information, medical practice history, affiliated hospitals and more.

Specializes in Ophthalmology • Male • Age 51

OverviewExperienceHospital QualityPatient SatisfactionAppointments & Offices

About Dr. Mack

Key things you need to know about
Dr. Mack:

Dr. Mack's Experience

Research training, expertise and qualifications

Dr. Mack's Specialties

Procedures Dr. Mack Performs

Conditions Dr. Mack Treats

MoreGet the facts on Dr. Mack

The right hospital is as important as the right doctor

Tampa General Hospital
1 Tampa General Cir
Tampa, FL 33606

MoreKnow where you'll be treated

Hospital Quality Matters

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Patients’ risk of dying during a hospital stay for heart bypass surgery could be 87.4% lower, on average, at a hospital rated 5 stars compared to a hospital rated 1 star for that procedure. Choosing the right hospital is critical to your health. View Slideshow

Patient Satisfaction

Tampa, FL 33609
MoreSchedule an appointment
Prepare For Your Appointment

7 Tips to Prepare for Your Appointment

The key to a successful appointment is communication. To get the most out of your visit, prepare ahead of time so you can lead the conversation with your doctor. These 7 tips will get you ready

Directions to Dr. Mack's Office

From:
To:
The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.
No map in the current tab
  1. Healthgrades
    How to Pick the Right Doctor 229x127

10 Steps to Pick the Right Doctor

Whether you need a primary care doctor or a specialist, these 10 steps will ensure you find the right doctor for you. View Slideshow

Dr. Mack's Experience

• Blocked Tear Duct
    • Cataract
    • Chalazion
    • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
    • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
    • Drusen
    • Stye
    • Tear Duct Disorders
    • Trichiasis

Background Check for Dr. Mack

• No malpractice history found for Florida.

• No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

• No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

Awards & Recognitions

Education & Training

University Of South Florida College Of Medicine-M.D.
    Graduated in 1991

Internal Medicine & Ophthalmology-University Of South Florida (Usf) In Tampa, Florida
    Complete in 1995

9 Facts About Hospital Quality

Dr. Mack's Hospital Quality

The right hospital is as important as the right doctor

Healthgrades Hospital Quality Ratings

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mack has admitting privileges:

Viewing 1 of 2

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Mack

Dr. William P. Mack, MD
    Are you Dr. Mack?
    Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

4.4
    • 51 responses
    • 18 reviews

4.4 out of 5

More Details

- in Tampa, FL |

Dr. Mack answered all my questions without making me feel like I was taking his time. He listens. The office staff is professional and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Mack.

- in Auburndale, FL |

My experience with Dr. Mack and his staff has been exceptional. He is very personable and respectful to his patients. I took my dad to see him for droopy eyelids and the surgery went very well. Dr. Mack called personally to check how he was doing afterwards. My father is someone who hates going to the doctor and is very resistant to having any surgery, yet Dr. Mack made him feel very comfortable with the decision to have surgery. Dad can't believe the improvement in his vision!

- in Tampa, fl |

I have been going to Dr Mack for about 10 year. Before seeing him, I interviewed other doctors in the area. He is not only an experienced doctor, but tells you the truth about what to expect & what will happen. I trust no one else. I have referred multiple friends to him & everyone feels the same. With Dr Mack you will receive the best care & results possible!

- in Tampa, FL |

Dr. Mack and his staff are amazing! The office staff is very courteous and helpful- always smiling! Dr. Mack is very attentive and has extensive knowledge in his field. His bedside manner is exceptional. I have been a patient for many years and have always had an exceptional experience! I highly recommend!

- in Rocky River, OH |

Professional and meticulous, simply the best. The staff is excellent as well.

- in Tampa, FL |

My 18 year old son took a hard elbow to his face at a basketball game at the Harbour Island Athletic Club where Dr. Mack is also a member. The injury was about a 1 inch gash on the orbital bone just below his left eye, in fact the bone was visible. Dr. Mack was there that night and offered to meet us at his office for stitches. 45 minutes later we were in his office at 8:30 at night getting 6 of the most expert stitches I've ever seen, all while talking to my son about his future. Excellent!!

- in NYC |

I trust Dr. Mack completely to keep me looking & feeling my refreshed, relaxed best! Dr. Mack's conservative & skilled approach to facial fillers and other treatments has always left me feeling confident that I am in great hands & never looking like I've "had work done". There's no way I'd trust just anyone with my face, even something as common as Botox, and Dr. Mack has never let me down. He has a steady & calming way about him and his staff could not be lovelier or more educated & helpful!

4 out of 5
    - in Apollo Beach, FL |

I hesitate to offer 5 stars just yet. I have at least one office visit left, after that I will add the excellent star. I have been very well pleased so far in this experience. Dr. Mack has a busy practice but is patient and soft spoken and interested in your response. The office staff is similarly patient and kind, yet expert it their knowledge and procedures. The surgery itself was quite comfortable, yet done with the least amount of sedation possible. Very fine results.

- in Valrico, FL |

My experience with Dr. Mack was EXCELLENT! He performed an upper eyelid Blepharoplasty. I experienced "NO" pain, bruising or bleeding..., only moderate swelling & upper eyelid stiffness. I followed his instructions exactly, which accelerated my healing. I told Dr. Mack, "He removed the blankets from my baby blues." My peripheral vision has increased and friends tell me how much younger I look. I am thrilled! I highly recommend Dr. William P. Mack!!!

- in Tampa, FL |

My experience with Dr. Mack was excellent. Scheduling is always very easy. His staff is very friendly and accommodating. The office is extremely inviting and pleasant. Dr. Mack is calm, down to earth and takes a true interest in his patients. He does not have the anxious rush form patient to patient that I see with so many other medical doctors. He consistently acknowledged my concerns, and considered them through the treatment. I would recommend Dr. Mack to my closest family members.

Page of 2
  4. Healthgrades
    Prepare For Your Appointment

7 Tips to Prepare for Your Appointment

Appointments & Offices

Check insurance plans, locations and make an appointment

Is Dr. Mack accepting new patients?

What insurance does he accept?*

* Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment.

Office Locations

Tampa, FL 33609
    (813) 875-5437 (Office)
    (813) 873-9373 (Fax)
    Loading map...
  5. How was your experience with Dr. Mack?

Help other patients, and let the doctor know how he's doing

How was your experience with Dr. Mack?
    Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mack to family and friends*
    Tell us about your experience with Dr. Mack
    Tell us about the office & staff
    Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
    Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
    Staff friendliness and courteousness
    Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
    Tell us about Dr. Mack
    Level of trust in provider's decisions
    How well provider explains medical condition(s)
    How well provider listens and answers questions
    Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
    Tell us about yourself How's this used?
    Your gender:

Your age group:
    18 – 24 years old
    Number of office visits you've had in the last 2 years:
    0 visits
    Display Name:
    City, State:
    Email: *
    How would you like to verify your survey? *

Standard text messaging and data rates may apply.

Submit Survey

We will be sending you a link to verify your survey.

* Required

By submitting your survey, you agree to the terms and conditions of Healthgrades User Agreement, Editorial Policy, and Privacy Policy, and acknowledge you or a family member has been a patient of the provider.