Dr. Hard's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Geriatric Medicine
- Family Practice, 2005
- Geriatric Medicine, 1994
Procedures Dr. Hard Performs
Dr. Hard does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Hard and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Hard Treats
Dr. Hard does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Hard and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Hard
Malpractice Claims not available
- Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.
- Substance Abuse (10/9/2013)
- Action Taken: Probation Modification Order
- Summary: Hard, Wesley Frank MD: License # 35047888: OCTOBER 9, 2013 – PROBATION MODIFIED: The State Medical Board of Ohio has GRANTED the physician’s request to reduce required drug screen frequency to twice per month.
- State: Ohio
- Substance Abuse (5/12/2010)
- Action Taken: Suspension
Wesley Frank Hard, MD License # 35047888
Nature of Complaint
The physician self-reported to the Board that on or about April 9, 2010 he entered Board-approved treatment provider for issues related to chemical dependency. The admission was subsequent to a fifteen year history of addiction issues. The physician accessed drugs by requiring patients to return unused medications to the physician, prior to issuing replacement prescriptions, the office samples and supply stock in addition to self-prescribing. The physician identified his drug of choice as “opioids in general”.
The Medical Director of the treatment provider reported the physician’s diagnoses to include Opiate Dependence. The Director also reported the opinion that the physician is impaired in his ability to practice according to acceptable and prevailing standard of care because of habitual and excessive use or abuse of opioids.
Prior to the physician completing the recommended/required treatment the State Medical Board of Ohio has Ordered that the certificate of the physician to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio be Summarily Suspended.
11/10/2010 – Board Order
The State Medical Board of Ohio has Ordered that the physician’s certificate to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Ohio shall be Indefinitely Suspended for not les that eighteen months. During the suspension period, the physician shall comply with various Interim Monitoring terms, conditions and limitations including and not limited to the following:
- The physician shall be subject to Sobriety.
- The physician shall be subject to random Drug and Alcohol Screens which shall be conducted through a Board –approved Drug Testing Facility and Collection Site.
- The physician shall be subject to participation in a Rehabilitation Program such as AA, NA or CA; and the physician shall maintain continued compliance with the terms of the Aftercare contract entered into with his treatment provider.
- The physician shall be subject to Required Reporting including to all employers or entities with which he is under contract to provide healthcare services or is receiving training.
- Conditions for reinstatement have been established, including and not limited to Probation for a period of at least five years. Probation terms, conditions and limitations shall be continued from the suspension period; and also include successful completion of a Personal/Professional Ethic Course(s) and maintaining a Controlled Substances Log.
June 13, 2012 – License Reinstated
The State Medical Board of Ohio has Granted the physician’s request for license reinstatement, subject to probationary terms, conditions, and limitations established by the November 10, 2010 Board Order.
July 12, 2012 – Probationary Request
The State Medical Board of Ohio has Granted the physician’s request for approval of medical ethics and professionalism course.
- State: Ohio
0 Board Actions
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
- Ohio State University College Of Medicine and Public Health
- Graduated in 1982
- Mt Carmel
- Complete in 1983
- Mt Carmel
- Complete in 1985
Languages Spoken by Dr. Hard & Staff