Dr. Watkins Jr' Background
Research training, expertise and qualifications
Procedures Dr. Watkins Jr Performs
Dr. Watkins Jr doesn't have any procedures listed. If you're Dr. Watkins Jr and would like to add procedures, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Conditions Dr. Watkins Jr Treats
Dr. Watkins Jr doesn't have any conditions listed. If you're Dr. Watkins Jr and would like to add conditions, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Background Check for Dr. Watkins Jr
- No malpractice history found for Texas.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- 2013-12-10T17:31:45 (12/12/2008)
- Action Taken: Agreed Order with Terms and Conditions
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Ulysses Wesby Watkins, Jr.; License # F8727
Nature of Complaint:
The physician prescribed dangerous drugs and controlled substances to several patients demonstrating a failure to comply with board rules regarding pain management practice. The physician engaged in non-therapeutic prescribing, improperly prescribed for individuals the physician should have known were abusers of such drugs. The physician also engaged in a pattern of prescribing such drugs without establishing a proper professional relationship with the patients first. The physician also failed to properly document his justification for the use of the medications prescribed for those patients.
The physician has entered into an Agreed Order with the board for a period of three years subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician has been issued a Public Reprimand by the board.
- The physician's patient medical records shall be reviewed by a board designated physician monitor who shall review a random selection of patient medical records.
- The physician shall successfully pass the Medical Jurisprudence Examination within three attempts within one year.
- The physician shall successfully complete eight hours of continuing medical education in medical recordkeeping within one year.
- The physician shall pay an administrative penalty in the amount of $14,000.00 within 180 days to the board.
- State: Texas
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Watkins Jr & Staff