Procedures Dr. Sajid Performs
Dr. Sajid doesn't have any procedures listed. If you're Dr. Sajid and would like to add procedures, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Conditions Dr. Sajid Treats
Dr. Sajid doesn't have any conditions listed. If you're Dr. Sajid and would like to add conditions, please log in to the physician portal to update your profile.
Background Check for Dr. Sajid
- No malpractice history found for Virginia.
- No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
- Professional Misconduct (4/5/2010)
- Action Taken: Education
Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Syed Hassan Sajid; License # 0101232717
Nature of Complaint:
The physician from 01-12-2007 to 04-20-2009 obtained only two lithium levels and/or corollary laboratory tests in the management of the patient's bipolar disorder. The physician did not optimize the patient's pharmacological regimen. The patient in 2008 was voluntarily hospitalized for suicidal ideations.
The physician admitted that he failed to accurately document the patient's prescriptions in his medical records. The physician on 11-18-2009 during an interview with a Department of Health Professions Investigator admitted that this was an "oversight" on the physician's part.
The physician has entered into a Consent Order with the Virginia Board of Medicine as follows:
- The physician has been issued a Reprimand by the Board.
- The physician within six months shall submit satisfactory proof to the Board that the physician has completed five hours of continuing medical education in the treatment of bipolar disorder .
- The physician within six months shall submit satisfactory proof to the Board that the physician has completed twelve hours of continuing medical education in medical recordkeeping .
November 10, 2010-Terms Terminated
The physician has complied with the terms of the 04-05-2010 Consent Order. The Virginia Board of Medicine has terminated the terms placed on the physician's license. The physician currently has a full and unrestricted license in the State of Virginia.
- State: Virginia
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Sajid & Staff