Dr. Dutta's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
- Family Medicine
- Family Practice, 2004
Procedures Dr. Dutta Performs
Dr. Dutta does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Dutta and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Dutta Treats
Dr. Dutta does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Dutta and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Dutta
- No malpractice history found for California.
- Violated terms of probation (9/23/2009)
- Action Taken: Probation
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Sukalpa John Dutta; License # A87325
Nature of Complaint:
The physician violated the terms and conditions of his probation dated 12-10-2003.
The physician saw a patient for the first and only time on 06-17-2008 who was accompanied by her husband during the entire visit who were both upset and verbally abusive with the physician for having to wait in an examination room for approximately thirty minutes to one hour prior to seeing the physician. The physician asked the patient to reschedule her appointment with her primary care provider and asked the patient and her husband to leave the examination room and told his staff to call the police. The patient's husband walked towards the physician and again was verbally abusive to the physician. The physician approached the patient's husband and hit him in the face with his fist and also hit the patient's husband on the wrist with a chair in an attempt to get away from him. The physician was taken into custody when the police arrived. The physician failed to obey all laws and all rules governing the practice of medicine in the State of California.
The physician license remains in probationary status pursuant to the Medical Board of California previous order dated 12-10-2003. The physician's probation has been extended for an additional one year and all terms and conditions of the order in Case Number 20-2001-121192 shall remain in full force and effect. The physician shall also be subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- The physician shall successfully complete an anger management course within 180 days.
- The physician shall submit proof of compliance of the notification requirement to the board.
- The physician shall obey all laws and all rules governing the practice of medicine in the State of California.
- The physician shall submit quarterly declarations of probation compliance to the board.
- The physician shall appear before the board upon request.
- State: California
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
Languages Spoken by Dr. Dutta & Staff