Dr. Steven D. Levin, MD

Dr. Steven D. Levin, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/prov/Y/X/M/YXM7W_w120h160.jpg Patient Surveys for Dr. Steven D. Levin, MD, Evanston, IL, Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery • Male • Age 58

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Levin

Dr. Steven D. Levin, MD
Are you Dr. Levin?
Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

4.3
  • 66 responses
  • 14 reviews
1 5 66

4.3 out of 5

More Details

- in Evanston, IL |

Dr. Levin has done both of my shoulders. He explained the procedures and in both cases the repairs and care were as promised...excellent.

- in Evanston, IL |

Dr. Levin operated on a torn meniscus in my knee and later a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder, both of which have healed really well. Now I have a badly torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder, and of course I've returned to him to deal with it. He really is the best!

1 out of 5

My experience with him was a horrible nightmare. I was referred to him after a fracture was diagnosed in my ankle in the radiology dept. He said he didn't see any problem and gave me an ankle supporter, insisting I was fine. He saw me twice before admitting he knew nothing about ankles. Meanwhile I walked on a severe fracture nearly passing out from the pain. I then saw an ankle specialist who gave me a diagnosis and treatment.

- in Northbrook, IL |

I have operated physically at a very high level for a long time and plan on continuing to do so. Dr. Levin works with athletes and is an athlete himself. He understands how my brain works, that the goal is not to walk around without pain the goal is to get back to the kinds of demanding activities that are central to my happiness. I have had two surgeries under Dr. Levin's care. I was always given clear explanations of the procedure and what I could expect in the way of recovery. He is a pro.

- in Arlington Heights, IL |

Dr. Levin is one of the finest physicians I have had the please to meet. Not only has he cared for, but for my son as well. He takes the time to explain options, risks, benefits to allow you to make an informed decision. Dr. Levin repaired both of my sons shoulders and years later he enjoys full normal use. I would recommend Dr. Levin to my family and friends with no hesitation. I consider myself fortunate to have access to a world class physician like Dr. Levin.

- in Seattle, WA |

Blew out knee in college soccer with ACL tear, osteochondral fracture and meniscus tear. ACL reconstructed, chondral fracture pinned, meniscectomy from another surgeon. Had persistent pain from pins in cartilage. Heard about USA Rugby doc Levin went for 2nd opinion. He facilitated pin removal and post-op rehab. Knee improved drastically. Doing sports I love now like mountain biking, pain free. No nonsense guy, compassionate, easy to relate to, skilled, and superb surgeon. Highly recommend him!

- in Chicago, IL |

I saw Dr. Levin for a 2nd opinion on my shoulder. I was told by another surgeon that I needed surgery, but I was skeptical so I saw Dr. Levin. He was unbelievable! He spent a ton of time with me, related to my passion for outdoor activities, Pilates and yoga. He went over my MRI with me, explained my diagnosis and treated me with therapy. 3 months later I am doing all my activities pain free. Dr. Levin has impeccable character and fantastic bedside manner. Highly recommend him!

- in Evanston, IL |

I had a painful shoulder that, among other issues, prevented me from sleeping. Levin showed me that I had NO cartilage between the bones in my shoulder. At my age (76 at the time), I was concerned about surgery, but he said that, since I'm in good shape, there should be no problems. [FYI, he's direct and treats you like you're able to understand his diagnosis without sugar-coating it.] He replaced the shoulder 6 months ago. I now have full range of motion and can use it without concern.

- in Chicago, IL |

Would so recommend Dr. Steve to any friends w knee trouble --- or shoulder --and that seems to come with being grandparents ! Dr. Steve made sure I was well taken care of --both my knees done arthroscopically in 6 months -- just one month out from the second and finished with OT- --back in the pool and playing with 15 grandkids !! Extra careful as a stress fracture was behind first knee; thorough, trying shots & therapy , encouraging me back to water classes, able to be out next day after both

1 out of 5

I consulted with three surgeons before getting my procedure. Of the three doctors, I would put Dr Levin dead last. He was rude, arrogant and lacked empathy. STAY AWAY! I am very pleased that I went with Dr Bowen (Levin's partner).

Page of 2
Healthgrades
patient satisfaction matters

8 Facts About Patient Satisfaction Surveys

The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.