Dr. Steven M. Howard, MD

Dr. Steven M. Howard, MD http://cdn.hgimg.com/img/prov/X/C/G/XCGJ7_w120h160_v198.jpg Get a Free Background Report on Dr. Steven M. Howard, MD. Malpractice, medical malpractice, sanctions, misconduct, credentials, and penalty or negligence information.

Specializes in Family Medicine • Male

1301 Shoreway Rd Suite 100
Belmont, CA 94002
OverviewPhone & AddressExperienceHospital QualityPatient Satisfaction

Dr. Howard's Experience

Research training, expertise and qualifications

Dr. Howard's Care Philosophy

First, I would like to tell you about my training. I graduated college cum laude from Brandeis University. Then I attended medical school at The Chicago Medical School. I completed my Family Practice internship and residency at Southside Hospital, an affiliation of Stony Brook University in New York, where I served as Chief Resident. I then brought my new wife, Diane, the future Mayor of Redwood City, to the Peninsula where we established our practice in San Carlos. We spent the next 25 years in that solo practice caring for members of the community of all ages. I am now a member of the Dignity Health Medical Group affiliated with Sequoia Hospital. I have always focused on the patient as an individual, and not an illness. I strongly believe that medicine is not about computers and textbooks, but about understanding the individuals' medical and psychological needs. We strive to guide them through the medical system to provide them with the highest quality and most appropriate care possible. I try to provide the patient with as much information as possible, and involve them in the decision making process. I enjoy treating entire families, as the family dynamics often provide insight into the medical problem of one of the family's members. I am always honored when an individual entrusts me with their medical care. To learn more about our office, you can go to our website at sequoiamedicalgroup.org. You can also see what some of my patients think of our care by entering my name on the websites, Yelp and Angie's List.

• Family Practice
  • High Blood Pressure
  • High Cholesterol
  • Injuries

Background Check for Dr. Howard

• No malpractice history found for California.
  • No sanctions history found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

• No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.

Awards & Recognitions

Graduated in 1972

Languages Spoken by Dr. Howard & Staff

Healthgrades

10 Steps to Pick the Right Doctor

Whether you need a primary care doctor or a specialist, these 10 steps will ensure you find the right doctor for you. View Slideshow

The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.