Dr. Steven W. Crawford; License No. 31192; Case No. 865
NATURE OF COMPLAINT:
The physician's Ohio Medical License was suspended for an indefinite period of time because of substance abuse.
Based upon the Ohio Medical Board Action, the KBML and the Physician have agreed that the Physician will Voluntarily Surrender his license until such time as Ohio reinstates his Ohio medical license. Moreover, if the Board grants a petition to reinstate his license, it will do so under an Order of Reinstatement, reserving the right to place his license on probation or indefinite restriction with specific terms and conditions.
Aug. 26, 2004; AGREED ORDER OF PROBATION
On Feb. 11, 2004, the Ohio State Medical Board approved the licensee's application for reinstatement to practice medicine, subject to terms and conditions of probation. Based upon the aforementioned, the KBML is approving the reinstatement of the Physician's Kentucky license to practice medicine on Probations subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Licensee shall fully comply with the Ohio probationary order.
- Licensee shall not prescribe, dispense or otherwise professionally utilize controlled substances, unless approved by the Board.
- If, in the future, the Panel should grant approval to the licensee to resume the professional use of controlled substances, it will do so under the conditions that:
- Physician maintains a substance control log and
- Upon request, he will provide the control log and all relevant patient information to the Board or its agents for review.
- Within 20 days of this Agreed Order of Probation, the licensee shall enter into a contractual relationship with the Kentucky Physicians Health Foundation (Foundation), and fully comply with the terms and conditions of that contractual relationship.
- Licensee shall abstain from the consumption of mood altering substances, including alcohol, except as prescribed by a duly licensed practitioner for a documented legitimate medical purpose.
- Licensee is subject to periodic, unannounced drug/alcohol tests.
December 8, 2005-Amended Agreed Order
The Physician's agreement has been amended as such:
- The Physician shall not personally possess any controlled substances.
- The Physician may prescribe or order controlled substances for patients.
- The Physician shall maintain a controlled substance log for all substances prescribed or ordered.
- All other terms of the Agreement are in force.
April 23, 2009-Order Terminating Amended Agreed Order of Probation
The board has granted the physician's request to terminate the Amended Agreed Order of Probation filed on 12-08-2005.