Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Steven Gerald Cervi-Skinner; License # MD24824
Nature of Complaint:
The physician has been the subject of disciplinary action in another state.
The physician admitted that he prescribed Schedule II controlled substances to chronic pain patients at the Lakeside Primary Care Clinic without first conducting a physical examination and without knowledge of the Arizona Board's guidelines for chronic pain treatment. The physician also failed to properly supervise the physician assistant in the delivery of care to five patients and failed to review patient charts.
The physician entered into a Consent Agreement for Decree of Censure, Practice Restriction, and Probation with the Arizona Medical Board effective 02-07-2008. The physician was placed on probation and prohibited from supervising any physician assistant for thirty years.
The physician also failed to report to the Oregon Medical Board of the disciplinary action taken against his medical license by the Arizona Medical Board.
Action Taken-Stipulated Order
The Oregon Medical Board has placed the physician's license to practice medicine in the State of Oregon on Probation for a period of thirty years subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician has been issued a Reprimand by the board.
- The physician shall pay a Fine in the amount of $2000.00 within ninety days.
- The physician shall appear at each of the board's quarterly meetings for a probation interview.
- If the physician maintains an inactive license in the State of Oregon and does not practice medicine in the State of Oregon, the requirement for the physician to report for a quarterly interview is stayed .
- The physician shall not supervise physician assistants in the State of Oregon.
- The physician shall not treat patients for chronic pain.
- The physician may only treat patients for acute pain and may not prescribe controlled substances to treat pain for more than fourteen days in duration.
- The physician shall obey all laws and all regulations governing the practice of medicine in the State of Oregon.