Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Shannon Claye Webb; License # 22749
Nature of Complaint:
The physician provided medical treatment to a female patient in October 2008 and the patient's husband in November 2008. The physician used marijuana on three occasions with the patient and her husband prior to the establishment of their physician-patient relationships. The physician and the patient in December 2008 entered into an extra-marital relationship. The physician engaged in an inappropriate sexual relationship with the patient on four or five occasions at the physician's office after normal business hours.
The physician self-medicated obsessive-compulsive disorder symptoms with Lexapro samples the physician obtained from drug distributor representatives.
The physician entered into a monitoring contract with the Recovering Professionals Program and currently participates in a treatment program as well as the RPP.
Action Taken-Amended Final Order
The physician has been issued a Public Reprimand by the South Carolina State Board of Medical Examiners. The board has Suspended the physician's license to practice medicine in the State of South Carolina. The suspension is Stayed upon the physician's compliance with the following conditions:
- The physician shall pay a Fine in the amount of $5000.00 plus costs to the board.
- The physician shall enroll in a board approved treatment program for those with boundary issues.
- The physician shall continue his psychiatric care and treatment as determined by his treating psychiatrist who shall provide quarterly reports to the board.
- The physician shall maintain an active participation in the South Carolina Recovering Professionals Program and monitoring contract for a period of at least five years.
- The physician shall maintain his compliance with BMI requirements/recommendations.