Dr. Sheibani's Experience
Research training, expertise and qualifications
Procedures Dr. Sheibani Performs
Dr. Sheibani does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Sheibani and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.
Conditions Dr. Sheibani Treats
Dr. Sheibani does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Sheibani and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.
Background Check for Dr. Sheibani
0 Malpractice Claims
- No malpractice history found for California.
- Physical or Mental Condition (7/18/2012)
- Action Taken: Summary Suspension
- Allegation of Complaint: Please reference the following Document
- Documentation: Download here (PDF)
- State: California
- Substandard Care, Incompetence or Negligence (9/10/2009)
- Action Taken: Probation
- Allegation of Complaint:
Dr. Shane Sheibani; License # A56075
Nature of Complaint:
The physician committed gross negligence, repeated acts of negligence, and failed to maintain adequate and accurate medical records in his care and treatment of four patients.
The physician with regard to the first patient took out too much skin when performing eyelid surgery, failed to properly treat a complication that left the patient with visual deficits that could have blinded the patient, only removed ellipses of skin in the temporal hairline when performing the patient's browlift, and failed to refer the patient to another physician or appropriately care for the patient.
The physician with regard to the second patient in performing liposuction surgery disrupted major blood vessels in the lower extremity which resulted in excessive blood loss and hypovolemic shock. The physician kept the patient in his office overnight instead of emergently transfering the patient to the nearest hospital.
The physician with regard to the third patient performed a removal replacement of the patient's breast implants with a crescent lift of both breasts instead of an anchor lift which was initially planned and failed to document what was discussed with the patient and the reasoning in changing the treatment plan.
The physician with regard to the fourth patient failed to adequately document the reason the physician changed his treatment plan on the day of the patient's surgery to not perform the breast lift and placing the breast implants on top of the muscle instead of underneath.
The physician also demonstrated incompetence with regard to two of the four patients.
The physician also engaged in false communications in advertisements which failed to identify the person in the photo as a model. The physician's business cards and website misleadingly and deceptively states that he is a Diplomat of numerous boards. The physician's website misleadingly has a medal with a ribbon image containing the text "Best Plastic Surgeon Award" when the physician is not a plastic surgeon. The physician's website makes unsubstantiated claims of professional superiority. The physician's website misleadingly and deceptively states that the physician is board certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery.
The Medical Board of California has Revoked the physician's license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of California. The revocation is Stayed and the physician is placed on Probation for a period of five years subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The physician shall successfully complete all phases of a clinical training program equivalent to the PACE Program offered by the University of California-San Diego School of Medicine.
- The physician shall complete forty hours per year for each year of probation of an education program in addition to the continuing medical education requirements for licensure renewal.
- The physician shall successfully complete a medical recordkeeping course within the first six months of probation.
- The physician shall successfully complete an ethics course within the first year of probation.
- The physician's practice shall be monitored by a board approved monitor for the duration of the physician's probation.
- The physician is prohibited from making and disseminating or causing to be made and disseminated any false and/or misleading advertisement.
- The physician shall submit proof of compliance of the notification requirement to the board.
- The physician shall not supervise physician assistants.
- The physician shall obey all laws and all rules governing the practice of medicine in the State of California.
- The physician shall submit quarterly declarations of probation compliance to the board.
- The physician shall appear before the board upon request.
- The physician shall pay probation monitoring costs.
- State: California
0 Board Actions
- No board actions found for the years that Healthgrades collects data.
Education & Training
- Ross University / School of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
- St Vincents Hospital Medical Center
Languages Spoken by Dr. Sheibani & Staff