Dr. Shalini Varma, MD

Dr. Shalini Varma, MD http://d1ffafozi03i4l.cloudfront.net/img/prov/3/K/9/3K95F_w120h160_v7073.jpg Patient Surveys for Dr. Shalini Varma, MD, Vernon Hills, IL, Psychiatry & Sports Medicine & Neurology & Child & Adolescent Psychiatry & Addiction Psychiatry & Other

Specializes in Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry • Female • Age 39

Patient Satisfaction

Patients' feedback on their experience with Dr. Varma

Dr. Shalini Varma, MD
Are you Dr. Varma?
Post a response on your personalized profile.

Likelihood to Recommend

4.2
  • 53 responses
  • 12 reviews
1 5 53

4.2 out of 5

More Details

- in Highland Park, IL |

I find Dr. Varma to be very pleasant and intelligent.. She was quick to evaluate my status. She was able to do this because Dr. Varma understands the complexity of the influences on an individual's feelings of well being. To enhance this understanding she asks informative questions about physical, familial, and emotional issues, in addition to looking at medical records. She even used the Web to ask other doctors their opinions on treatment of a neurological condition I have. I was impressed!

- in Racine, WI |

Dr. Varma is very friendly and welcoming. She makes you feel comfortable immediately. She is a good listener. She works to help you through the issue at hand with methods practice and discuss in her office. These are things that you are able to do on an ongoing basis at home to help yourself. She explains and describes medications, and how they will affect you. She is efficient and caring, mindful of where you are coming from, and very helpful.

- in Kenosha, WI |

I was at my wits end. No matter how I advocated my Dr would not listen to my growing concerns with nausea. It became so severe I couldn't leave the house. I became discouraged with Dr's, but then I found Dr. Varma. She saw me as a person and not another set of symptoms. She listened to my concerns and understood why I became so frustrated. Within a month I was back to my busy schedule as a grad student and full time student teacher. I wouldn't be getting ready to graduate without her.

- in Williams Bay, WI |

Dr. Varma was incredibly responsive to all of my anxiety. She followed up with immediate and appropriate information. I highly recommend Dr. Varma

1 out of 5
- in Pleasant Prairie, WI |

Pros:*Dr. Varma answered the phone right away *She is a smart woman. Cons: *I felt no understanding, compassion, or empathy from Dr. Varma. *As I walked out alone after our appointment, I felt hopeless. *She gave me a note suggesting I try Prozac which blocks one of the metabolizing pipelines for another medication I am taking and causes a toxic reaction. I told myself "Someone who can charge $600 an hour MUST be good!" I don't know how I came off, but her indifference was such a letdown!!

- in Racine, WI |

Dr. Varma runs a small, efficient practice and her patients are top priority. She listens, is very perceptive and well prepared. She remembers key points from previous visits and is especially good at tying each visit together so that progress is made. Initially she charged us in advance for the first appt. (which made me nervous), but once we met her and experienced the high quality care, every penny has been worth it. She is responsive to messages too! Highly recommend!!

- in Kenosha, WI |

I began seeing Dr Varma four months ago after a series of life altering events threw me into a tail spin. She listened with compassion, asked questions and acted quickly to keep me from a complete break down. After I was stabilized, Dr Varma gently helped me to see how ill I had been, plus helped me to take responsibility for my own plan of recovery through healthy lifestyle changes. From the beginning Dr Varma was honest about her charges and that she did not work with insurance companies.

- in Racine, WI |

Dr. Varma is knowledgeable and willing to suggest possible reasons why symptoms might be related to something other than the obvious. Her knowledge recently suggested a lab test that would not be part of a normal testing panel. The results of that test panel showed an abnormality that otherwise would have most likely gone undiagnosed. She offers easy accessibility via her contact information and is quick to respond to concerns. Appointments can be made easily within a short window of time.

- in Wausau, WI |

I started seeing Dr. Varma in the past year. While seeing her for ADD, it has changed my life. I've seen huge improvements in the personal and professional realms. My family and friends comment on the positive changes they've seen in me during this time, even without knowing what the underlying change had been in my life. I feel that Dr. Varma is also very focused on patients' outcomes. She went above and beyond in helping me with an unrelated issue just because she cared so much.

1 out of 5
- in Omaha, NE |

I BELIEVE DR VARMA IS UNETHICAL IN HER BILLING PRACTICES. OTHERS HAVE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCE AS I DID. I BELIEVE DR. VARMA IS MOST INTERESTED IN HER FINANCIAL GAIN AND I HAVE WRITTEN TO THE STATE MEDICAL ASSOC. THERE ARE MANY GOOD PSYCHIATRISTS IN THE FIELD. SEARCH ONE OF THEM OUT AND STAY CLEAR OF DR. VARMA.

Page of 2

Find the Right Doctor For You.

• Adult & Adolescent Psychiatry
15.48 miles away
Dr. James Marks, MD
0.91 miles away
Rhonda K. Fried, APN
Nursing (Clinical Nurse Specialist)
20.31 miles away
Dr. Robert Fabsik Jr., DO
1.24 miles away
The VideoCalloutContainer had no content.